Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

(LESSON 8):-- How You Can Make Your Future Habits Easy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / (LESSON 8):-- How You Can Make Your Future Habits Easy (210 Views)

9 Safe Internet Transactional Habits You Must Obeserve! / 4 Habits Of Financially Smart People / 10 Businesses That Can Make You Rich In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

(LESSON 8):-- How You Can Make Your Future Habits Easy by anyinature1981: 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2019
This is a brief story that struck me with the simplicity and power, from an IT practitioner. His name is Oswold Nuckols and his simple strategy for making future habits easy.

This approach he referred to as; “resetting the room.”
This young man goes like this; For instance, when I finish watching television, I place the remote back on the TV stand, arrange the pillows on the couch, and fold the blanket. When I leave my car, I throw any trash away. Whenever I take a shower, I wipe down the toilet while the shower is warming up. (As he notes, the “perfect time to clean the toilet is right before you wash yourself in the shower anyway”)

To some of us, this may sound like he is just trying to clean up but, there is a key insight in what he does that makes his approach different. To my own understanding, the purpose of resetting each room is not to clean up after the last action but to get ready for the next action.

Nuckols goes ahead to say this:-- http://www.anyi-nature.com/currentarticles.php?id=10

(1) (Reply)

****** / 在印度设立工厂 / What Is Marketing - Product Packaging Bags, Pouches, Wraps Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.