Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

The Last Generation Is Here ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Last Generation Is Here ! (894 Views)

New Generation Church Agidingbi Ikeja Asking For Refund Of Church Bus / Idahosa The Spiritual Father Of Chris Okafor, A Generation Of Fake Prophets / Inter-generation Curses Or Blessings. Let's See What The Bible Says, Shall We? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Last Generation Is Here ! by Nobody: 11:36am On May 23, 2007
2 Timothy 3
Godlessness in the Last Days
1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth—men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ??
Re: The Last Generation Is Here ! by thesilent1(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2007
would i be right in assuming that some people look at the world and sin as sort of an hour-glass? with sin filling up the earth until it gets too much for God, then he can't take it any more and sends judgement on the earth?!?!

i think this goes a long way in how we actually SEE God and what we believe about both Him and the "last days" we are living in.
Re: The Last Generation Is Here ! by KAG: 1:33pm On May 24, 2007
frosbel:

2 Timothy 3
Godlessness in the Last Days
1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

6They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. 8Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth—men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ??

Sounds like the Roman times, or maybe I mean the time of the Greeks, or do I mean the renaissance period? No, on second thougts it sounds like the French (I keed, I keed, French people)
Re: The Last Generation Is Here ! by thesilent1(m): 2:11pm On May 24, 2007
here we go, Kag strikes again. surprised no one has actually just come out with the Nero : Antichrist reference
Re: The Last Generation Is Here ! by KAG: 4:25pm On May 24, 2007
thesilent1:

here we go, Kag strikes again. surprised no one has actually just come out with the Nero : Antichrist reference

Good point. I think there's a good possibility that Nero was the Anti-christ in Revelations.
Re: The Last Generation Is Here ! by thesilent1(m): 7:50pm On May 24, 2007
like putty in my hands grin
Re: The Last Generation Is Here ! by TellyB(m): 10:24pm On May 24, 2007
@frosbel,

Do you care to explicate a little on your post? Thanks. smiley
Re: The Last Generation Is Here ! by modavi: 1:37am On Mar 04, 2012
cry

(1) (Reply)

Free Stuffs On The Net / Does Family Planning Contravene God's Injunction That We Should Multiply : ? / Goal Setting,nothing Is Impossible!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.