Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Elephants In Nigeria? - Okomu National Park, Edo State, Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Elephants In Nigeria? - Okomu National Park, Edo State, Nigeria (810 Views)

National Park Abuja Video, Photo: You Won't Believe This Place Exist In Nigeria / A Visit To Abuja National Park & Zoo / Baby Elephant Wandering In Okomu Farm In Benin, Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Elephants In Nigeria? - Okomu National Park, Edo State, Nigeria by showcasenaija: 1:57am On Nov 12, 2019
Hi there,

Welcome to another episode of my travel adventures within Nigeria. This time, I travelled to Edo state for some work and decided to explore and take on some serious adventure to seek out nature gems.

Prior to this trip, I really never knew elephants and some other widlife animals grazed through Okomu national park.

The trip really didn't start off as I expected but it quickly took a good turn once we got on the nature trail and began the actual adventure in the park.

Finding your way to Okomu town is fairly easy from Benin as the drive is less than 1hr 20mins.

Accessing the park isn't expensive. With less than N1,500, you'll get assigned a ranger to take you on a tour. However, I need to state that they don't have proper transportation so you will be tasked to fuel the bikes of the workers who will take you there (if you didn't drive down).

The ranger who took me on a tour was very knowledgeable and I recommend you ask of him (Mr Oke) if you ever visit. I dare say Okomu National park is every shade of virgin nature. The air, the views...it's really beautiful (if you're a lover of nature)

Did I see elephants? Did I climb the 140ft tree house in Okomu national park?. I'll simply ask that you check out my vlog below.

Kindly remember to leave a comment and subscribe to my channel if you like the video. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w66q1YhZQc4

P.S: I've also attached an image of what the tree house looks like.

Follow me on Instagram @theunofficialomotayo for more amazing travel content.

(1) (Reply)

Airports Reopening: Ten Things To Do Before You Can Board A Local Flight / Helicopter Shuttle Services As Lagosians Experience Partial Closure Of 3MB / Human Trafficking In South And Southeast Asia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.