Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles (17343 Views)

Innoson MRAP Vehicles Involved In Accident, Five Soldiers Dead. / President Buhari Commissions Made-in-Nigeria “Ezugwu” MRAP Vehicles / EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by sonature1: 7:20am On Nov 13, 2019
YoungLionone:
Igbo Amaka

Why are you posting the picture of the poor girl?
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:23am On Nov 13, 2019
Cumtroller:
Top Heavy Design. Hull not V shaped.

Bad Engineering

Checkout the bigfoot MRAP

Upto me I like how high it is from the ground
Like the caspir Mrap
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by pacretus(m): 7:26am On Nov 13, 2019
Cumtroller:

Bad Engineering

shut up!! It has a V-hull, no 21 century MRAP base is flat. Go check the production pics
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by pacretus(m): 7:29am On Nov 13, 2019
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by Guyman02: 7:33am On Nov 13, 2019
mercyville:
Great.Kudos.
Is Ezugwu the owner of DICON or why did the OP call it Ezugwu MRAP vehicle

It was named after the owner of the concept who incidentally is the Director of DICON, it's another way of motivating inventors and developers, the same way we have Newton's laws, Archimedes principles etc
The last Army vehicle developed was called Igirigi which means Dew in Igbo language.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by kelvxyn: 7:34am On Nov 13, 2019
Maj gen bamidele ogunkale was d former dg of dicon. I hope ezugwu will do beta because ogunkale did well.
Anambralstson:

Ezugwu is the Director General of Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by mamaafrik(m): 7:37am On Nov 13, 2019
Now we need you people to build us a submarine to watch our west African coast.
I am watching and waiting for an alpha Jet.
NDDAC,let the design challenge begins.
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by batstan(m): 7:38am On Nov 13, 2019
grin
So many confused fellows.

Ezugwu is the code name for the vehicle. It has nothing to do with who designed or who occupied what position.
Just like the NNS ARADU, the naval warship. ARADU is a hausa word for thunder.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by Anambralstson: 7:41am On Nov 13, 2019
kelvxyn:
Maj gen bamidele ogunkale was d former dg of dicon. I hope ezugwu will do beta because ogunkale did well.
You can see he is out performing the former
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by batstan(m): 7:42am On Nov 13, 2019
Guyman02:

It was named after the owner of the concept who incidentally is the Director of DICON, it's another way of motivating inventors and developers, the same way we have Newton's laws, Archimedes principles etc
The last Army vehicle developed was called Igirigi which means Dew in Igbo language.
No, my brother.
It's not named after nobody. It's just a code name, like the NNS ARADU, the naval warship. ARADU means thunder in hausa.
What is the meaning of EZUGWU in Igbo?
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by omohlexy: 7:44am On Nov 13, 2019
batstan:
grin
So many confused fellows.

Ezugwu is the code name for the vehicle. It has nothing to do with who designed or who occupied what position.
Just like the NNS ARADU, the naval warship. ARADU is a hausa word for thunder.
Didn't you see where they wrote Ezugwu at the end of his name? You know it yourself that you didn't make sense on this one. Don't be shy to admit it .

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by batstan(m): 7:46am On Nov 13, 2019
omohlexy:
Didn't you see where they wrote Ezugwu at the end of his name? You know it yourself that you didn't make sense on this one. Don't be shy to admit it .
Hey! Even operations are code named in WAZOBIA.
I am not one of them haters.
Just be guided. Google is your friend.
Who is IGIRIGI that developed the other vehicle. 'The Dew'

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by kelvxyn: 7:49am On Nov 13, 2019
You can't conclude now, time will tell.
Anambralstson:

You can see he is out performing the former
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by Dagger111(m): 7:51am On Nov 13, 2019
Onlinealaba:
Major general Victor(Proud Enugu man) has really achieved much in his career from his days as GOC 7th battalion he has been breaking grounds I hope his son in NDA will continue from him as an airforce officer that he his. Nice one
We sell electronics,check in

U sha wan show us say u knw him reach home bt na lie. He was the GOC of 7Div not 7Bn, Battalion is command by Lieutenant Colonel or Major as acting CO. Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by Guyman02: 7:55am On Nov 13, 2019
batstan:

No, my brother.
It's not named after nobody. It's just a code name, like the NNS ARADU, the naval warship. ARADU means thunder in hausa.
What is the meaning of EZUGWU in Igbo?
Ezugwu means King of mountains in Igbo. Even US names vessels after officers, barracks are named after officers, naming a vehicle after the officer behind its conceptualization is good, don't get BP because you saw Igbo name.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by batstan(m): 7:57am On Nov 13, 2019
Guyman02:

Ezugwu means King of mountains in Igbo. Even US names vessels after officers, barracks are named after officers, naming a vehicle after the officer behind its conceptualization is good, don't get BP because you saw Igbo name.
I am not in that league, buddy.
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by omenka(m): 8:02am On Nov 13, 2019
Buhari hates Igbos indeed.

Smh.

This is why I keep telling my brothers to desist from allowing useless nonentities like ffk ride on their emotions whenever it suits his purpose. What has he ever done for them? Absolutely nothing! But he's one of those most responsible for making them believe Buhari hates them with passion.

Dear Igbos, ffk is more of an enemy to you guys than Buhari could ever be.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by Onlinealaba(m): 8:05am On Nov 13, 2019
Dagger111:

U sha wan show us say u knw him reach home bt na lie. He was the GOC of 7Div not 7Bn, Battalion is command by Lieutenant Colonel or Major as acting CO. Gbam!
You should understand that was a mistake.. whatever but you know he headed a 7th be it division or battalion grin
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by kabe1: 8:07am On Nov 13, 2019
Cumtroller:

Bad Engineering

You're very ignorant.

What is this?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by CHIDOHSKI: 8:12am On Nov 13, 2019
The other flag resembles Biafra flag.
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by SEGLIZ: 8:20am On Nov 13, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
Nice one

Just give it to them
But I'm not seeing any figures here..
We need to know

the figures are conduit figures. they are light allergic and social media scared.
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by Dagger111(m): 8:36am On Nov 13, 2019
Onlinealaba:

You should understand that was a mistake.. whatever but you know he headed a 7th be it division or battalion grin

Be sure of ur write up next time. This is a public forum nt a personal chat btw u and ur gf that can easily be corrected when wrong.
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by incentive: 8:54am On Nov 13, 2019
Good
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by mercyville: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2019
Guyman02:

It is really an honour to him.
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by mercyville: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2019
nedekid:
The design of this vehicle makes it a death trap. Eg look at the drivers sitting position and his poor view. Blind spots etc.

Why do you think so? Nigerian company like Proforce had produced things like these and even being patronised by the UNO.Think Made In Nigeria.Little drops of water can become a mighty river..
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by tundess: 9:27am On Nov 13, 2019
Why no capabilities demo ?
Interesting design I'll say that; very different from those being fielded globally like the Courgars, Caimans, Oshkosh etc. I've always wondered why our defence procurement plan doesn't just go for proper wheeled APCs ? What are the longer term plans for infantry vehicles ? The CoPP didn't say. Do we stick with MRAPs, IFV or APCs ? What were the lessons learnt from the the French Op. Serval and on-going Op. Bakhrane ?
Is the gun station remote ? Looks serviced by a PKM type weapon. Vehicle seems to have no stand-off sensors packaged for IR, NV capability. No 30mm grenade launching package. You can go on YouTube and see the grenade launching or gatling gun type capabilities these vehicles can have.
We claim we have built and are fielding drones. How successful have these drones being in turning the tide in the NE ? I fear, like our "space command", "cyber command" and drones, this MRAP production is more a PR pledge than anything substantial.
I'm willing to bet all those senior officers would not ride that thing into Gwoza right now.
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by nedekid: 9:34am On Nov 13, 2019
mercyville:

Why do you think so? Nigerian company like Proforce had produced things like these and even being patronised by the UNO.Think Made In Nigeria.Little drops of water can become a mighty river..

I seem to be misunderstood.
I support the idea to make indigenous equipment for our forces. As you said proforce has been great so far.
All I said is that the design looks flawed.
Appart from the drivers view etc with lots of blind spots, I do not see a front driver or passenger door. Ie exit probably only from the rear.
Look at the picture of the front tyres, it seems to be over weight for the chassis.
Just my observation.
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by Jimi24: 10:23am On Nov 13, 2019
nedekid:

I seem to be misunderstood.
I support the idea to make indigenous equipment for our forces. As you said proforce has been great so far.
All I said is that the design looks flawed.
Appart from the drivers view etc with lots of blind spots, I do not see a front driver or passenger door. Ie exit probably only from the rear.
Look at the picture of the front tyres, it seems to be over weight for the chassis.
Just my observation.

Right about the undersized tires. They are run flat so maybe this is all they have in store now.
There should be secondary and tertiary exits at the gun mounts (turrets).

There is no armoured vehicle or MRAP that has unrestricted fields of view. They all have blind spots.

Nigeria has many options of turrets with 12.5mm machine gun carrying with 30mm grenade launchers and some multiple launch grenade launchers.

Important to realize that the operating procedure for MRAPs is to dismount rapidly to engage the enemy with the HMG, 30mm guns or grenade launcher providing cover

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by Dedemworld: 10:47am On Nov 13, 2019
YoungLionone:
Igbo Amaka

Na for Keke napep u snap this pic??
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by Tocheagle(m): 11:27am On Nov 13, 2019
nedekid:
The design of this vehicle makes it a death trap. Eg look at the drivers sitting position and his poor view. Blind spots etc.
That's how MRAVs are designed. Look at foreign ones on YouTube

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by Justin29a: 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2019
kolafolabi:
Hope the vehicles won't be hijacked by the terrorists later as they always claim

word
Re: Nigerian Army, DICON Sign Agreement For Production Of Ezugwu MRAP Vehicles by GMbuharii: 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2019
omenka:
Buhari hates Igbos indeed.

Smh.

This is why I keep telling my brothers to desist from allowing useless nonentities like ffk ride on their emotions whenever it suits his purpose. What has he ever done for them? Absolutely nothing! But he's one of those most responsible for making them believe Buhari hates them with passion.

Dear Igbos, ffk is more of an enemy to you guys than Buhari could ever be.

Cheers.

Self appointed General overseer, Igbo affairs lolsssssss
grin grin

lzaa immhotep

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo: I Will Not Support What’s Not Fair, Just – Obaseki On Deputy’s Ambition / 'joining APC Makes The Brain Stop Working' 4 More Daniel Bwala Anti-tinubu Remar / He Will Need An Interpreter As Gov – Shaibu Shades PDP Candidate, Asue Ighodalo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.