Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,533 members, 7,770,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:11 AM

Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends (45088 Views)

Temitope Apanishile: The Boy Born Without Penis Cries Out For Help (Photo) / Meet Bangladeshi Men Born Without Fingerprints For Generations (Photos) / Julian Peter Has MRKH Syndrome, Born Without A Vagina' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by Johnwicky(m): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2019
Two women who are missing limbs have become best friends through their comparable hardship.

Jlissa Austin, 31, who was born without arms, knees and with only seven toes, met Chassidy Young, 32, who lives with Tetra-Amelia syndrome, after learning each other's life story through a documentary.

Tetra-Amelia syndrome is a rare congenital disorder that has left Chassidy without hands and very short legs

They have since become best friends through their very rare similarities.

The pair decided to meet in person for and Chassidy travelled across Texas, in the US, from her home in Dallas, to Jlissa, who lives in Houston.

Chassidy said: "I saw Jlissa’s story and I got so emotional.

"I was like, I can’t be the only person on this whole earth missing arms. Where they at?!

"And then Jlissa confirmed there’s actually somebody out there who shares the same experience as me.

"I was just like, I have to find her.

"When you don’t see people like you, it feels like you’re the only person in the world that’s like that.

"Everybody needs an identity. I’m so happy to have met Jlissa because I now have somebody to identify with.

"You know, we have our family and we have our friends. But it’s those moments where you need somebody like you because we have our own struggles that they could never relate to.”

Some 30 years ago, doctors predicted Jlissa would never be able to lead a normal life and, to this day, she is still unsure of what caused her abnormalities.

But Jlissa has certainly proved her doubters wrong – learning to use her feet when conducting everyday tasks like brushing her teeth and texting on her phone.

She said: "Most of the questions I get are basically, 'How do you eat?', 'how do you write?', 'who takes you to the restroom?', 'who puts your make-up on?'.

"My condition hasn’t affected anything in my life.

"There are so many people that aren’t able to be themselves because they are scared of the world.

"You need to be yourself and be thankful. That’s what me and Chassidy are doing now."

Chassidy can also use her feet to perform activities that she would otherwise struggle with.

They have been on the receiving end of lots of staring and pointing in public spaces, but they’ve quickly learnt to ignore their haters and stay positive with the people closest to them.

Chassidy said: “I prefer it for kids to come up and say to me, 'Hey lady, what’s up, where’s your hands at, why are you so little like me?'

"And then we can have a conversation. I always try not to be offended.

"I don’t call it disability, because that makes it sound like something is restricting you from doing something else. It restricts you from getting from A to B.

"But I’ve made it. A, B, C, D. E, F, G – you name it."

Jlissa and Chassidy have racked up thousands of followers on their social profiles.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7676301/amp/Inspirational-women-born-without-limbs-best-friends-bonding-struggles.html

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by Johnwicky(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by youngsahito(m): 7:51am On Nov 13, 2019
They are fully endowed...all d best to d new friends

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by solablings(f): 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
This is what happens in sane environment.

Love you both.

If it were to be in a country tagged giant of Africa from outside but we know what we're in house, these jewels would have probably be dead due to environmental reject or even at worst be beggars.

May God just help us in this shithole country.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by Jestin: 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
Someone that has complete body and in a healthy conditions should always appreciate God. Money will be made with time so relax and worry no more

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by divabolanle: 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
WATCH THEIR VIDEO .. so touching..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aa-77mshmo
Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by Jh0wsef(m): 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
Wow
Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by scrapNG: 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
ITS WELL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by soberdrunk(m): 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
Nay Bad.... angry
Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by tolumizzy(m): 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
I have a reason to praise the lord!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by AlphLukau: 12:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
Nice Women , Looking so lovely.

4 Likes

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by tmphoto(m): 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2019
They are both short and limbless does that mean we can call them MIDGET
Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by ursullalinda(f): 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2019
Im happy they found themselves.....happiness comes from within.....and they seem to be happier than alot of complete being....

6 Likes

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by olatunji390(m): 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by wonuks(m): 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2019
shocked

1 Like

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by sonofanarchy(m): 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2019
See boobs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by ednut1(m): 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2019
cry

1 Like

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by Write4me(m): 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
if Na we Country these two would have been beggers for Berger Junction.

2 Likes

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by blesskewe(f): 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
Their feet
Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by hakym619(m): 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
They need prosthesis
Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by Decolonel(m): 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
Thalidomide is one of the causes of this disorder

1 Like

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2019
youngsahito:
They are fully endowed...

12 Likes

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by IdioticNLmods: 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2019
They can serve as intimacy gadget lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by partnerbizn5(m): 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2019
endowed
Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by hakym619(m): 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2019
johndoexxx:

Afonja and sex...dey swear for una? What a people!
he ain't afonja

1 Like

Re: Jlissa Austin & Chassidy Young Born Without Limbs, Become Best Friends by Passionate888: 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2019
Ehya

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“Doctors Gave Me 48hrs To Live, But Look At Me Now” - Guy Survival Story / Heart Attack Vs Cardiac Arrest Vs Stroke (pic) / 790 New COVID-19 Cases, 406 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 1 - (3063 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.