Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:39 PM

My Toyota Camry Goes Off While On Idle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Camry Goes Off While On Idle (1046 Views)

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill / Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. / Help! Every Attempt To Make My Car (mazda) To Steam (rev On Idle) Failed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota Camry Goes Off While On Idle by Arizona1: 12:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
My 2001 Toyota Camry goes off when on idle. It use to happen like that anytime I remove the battery and put it back but after like 30mins to 1hr, it will normalize. Last saturday I had to remove the battery head for my panel to work on the the silencer that was leaking. After that the car has been going off while on idle and refuse to normalize.

Any remedy or advice?
Re: My Toyota Camry Goes Off While On Idle by Jasen1(m): 12:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
Alternator ain't charging properly

Check the fan belt if it has slacked
Re: My Toyota Camry Goes Off While On Idle by Arizona1: 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2019
Jasen1:
Alternator ain't charging properly

Check the fan belt if it has slacked

Thank you. I don't think the issue has connection with alternator. As for the belt, I will check if it slacked though the engine isn't vibrating.
Re: My Toyota Camry Goes Off While On Idle by sheu01: 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2019
Pls check your Air control valve and clean it or u scan first.
Re: My Toyota Camry Goes Off While On Idle by homeboy205: 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
Arizona1:
My 2001 Toyota Camry goes off when on idle. It use to happen like that anytime I remove the battery and put it back but after like 30mins to 1hr, it will normalize. Last saturday I had to remove the battery head for my panel to work on the the silencer that was leaking. After that the car has been going off while on idle and refuse to normalize.

Any remedy or advice?

Clean your throttle body

(1) (Reply)

Car AC Repair / Ford Escape Hybrid 2005 Or Ford Escape Hybrid 2006, Which One Is Better? / 2003 Camry Engine Burning Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.