Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension (24418 Views)

Southwest Leaders Endorse Tinubu / South-South APC Leaders Endorse Victor Giadom As Oshiomhole’s Replacement / Obaseki, Edo APC celebrate Oshiomhole’s suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by ede1(m): 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
This one that oshiomole. has been quite...only God knows what he his cooking. But in all, let it be for the common good of all Edolite

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Sunnymatey(m): 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
Anenih will be smiling in his grave

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by HospitalityDiva(f): 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
Didi2d:
Some comments above are so funny, how can you suspend a national chairman from just one state?
Someone should please enlighten the house

Kindly study the APC Constitution, article 21 particularly; section B iv-vii.

Then you would see why Oshiomhole should be worried.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Annie939(f): 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
when the going was good

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by fergie001: 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2019
Didi2d:
Some comments above are so funny, how can you suspend a national chairman from just one state?
Let me tell you, the strength of any national officer of his party is at the Ward level.....

And the State and LGA ratifies.

They are the ones who present you for election at the National level.
So, in party politics...the most potent avenue is at Ward level.

There are so many cases to cite from.

11 Likes

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Quorax: 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2019
HospitalityDiva:
Obaseki is the most distracted governor in Nigeria currently. He does not need these distractions.

Oshiomhole should behave like the elder politician that he is. Sadly, he appears to be like the typical Nigerian politicians whose political ego means much more to him than the progress of his constituency.

He should stop listening to the acolytes and praise singers, and shealth his sword.

I think the Edo people should march out and demand that Oshiomhole stop distracting governance in the state. Otherwise, the electorate will end up being at the losing end.

I told someone here that Oshiomole can't do shiiit.

Dem think say na joke.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by cenaman(m): 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2019
Audio suspension.
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Runaway: 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2019
What ever u can so to end godfatherism pls do, Edo people are with u. He did it before u can as well do again.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by wink2015(m): 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2019
Kwanza:
The Executive Council of the Edo State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has ratified the suspension of the National Chairman of the party, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, from the party in the state.

The decision was reached at an enlarged meeting of the council and other party chieftains with the state governor, Godwin Obaseki, in Benin City, on Wednesday.

At the meeting, the leaders said the suspension of Comrade Oshiomhole became necessary because the national chairman has been deploying divisive tactics to cause disharmony in the party in collaboration with the proscribed group, Edo Peoples Movement (EPM).

While addressing APC leaders from the 18 Local Government Areas of the state, the State Chairman of the APC, Anslem Ojezua Esq., traced the genesis of the crisis to the primary elections in 2018.

He noted: “All these started since the party primaries in 2018 when we conducted the primaries to nominate candidates for the general elections held in 2019. It appeared that after that elections, Edo APC didn’t know peace again.

“The issues were later aggravated in April and May 2019 which culminated in the formation of the Edo Peoples Movement (EPM), an infamous group we proscribed in our last meeting.”

Ojezua said the news of his removal was shocking as the state working committee which purportedly removed him didn’t have powers to do so.

The chieftain added: “Our constitution has a provision to remove officers at the state level. It is only the State Executive Committee that has the power to remove any officer.”

“Yesterday, 15 chairmen of the APC chapters in the local councils and 23 out of the 35 members of the State Executive Committee passed a vote of no confidence on the National Chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, while a vote of confidence was passed on my person.

“The APC Local council chairmen have found out that Adams Oshiomhole is the one behind the crisis in Edo APC and following the findings, lost confidence in the leadership of the national chairman by passing a vote of no confidence on him.

“Considering the stand of these chairmen and also based on the report from organs of the party, we affirmed the suspension of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole from APC in Edo State.

“Three local government chairmen of the APC were not in attendance at the meeting held on Tuesday. They are the chairmen of the party in Owan West, Etsako West and Etsako Central LGAs. I have letters informing me of their suspension and in that regard the Vice Chairmen are to act until those positions are filled.”

In his remarks, Obaseki explained that he is not happy with the recent political developments in the state, especially the disruptions from a once-trusted leader who has thrown caution to the wind to cause disaffection among APC members in the state.

The governor said when he first met Oshiomhole 12 years ago, they shared a common interest in salvaging Edo State but all that has changed in recent times.

“I am not an ungrateful person. No one made me governor. I became governor by God’s grace, with the support of many other people. If God had said I would not be governor, no way would I have been a governor. It is wrong for someone to say he made me governor.

“No one gave me money. The funds Oshiomhole initially raised for his governorship ambition was raised by me in Lagos. If I can raise money for him for his election, why would I not be able to raise money for my own election.”

The governor said the national chairman was not truthful about comments on his administration.

“If you came into power on some basic principles, do not expect to change those principles because you have certain ambition. If you came to power believing no man is God, then the day you start to play God, you will get the consequences.”

A leader of the APC in Ovia South-West LGA, Hon. Samuel Ekeneza, who moved the motion for the ratification of the suspension of Comrade Oshiomhole, said that the party remains supreme as no individual is bigger than the political party.

The motion for the ratification was supported by a leader of the APC in Esan Central LGA, Mr Osediamen Oriaifoh.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/11/13/breaking-edo-gov-obaseki-other-apc-leaders-endorse-oshiomholes-suspension/

Why is Oshiomole conniving with the likes of Tinubu and Buhari to cause confusion in Edo state?

Oshiomole is supposed to direct federal government attention to Edo state by way of foreign investment and human capital development and not to cause trouble and all kinds of political crisis that is depreciating the already economic gains of the state.

But why is that Comrade Adams Oshiomole is not seizing fire and letting peace reign?

Educational deficiency is one of the greatest set back of Comrade Adams Oshiomole.

The sound education that he lacks is making Oshiomole continue in his motor park tout boy way of leading the Apc political party. Unfortunately for Oshiomole he had created many enemies for himself.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2019
Oshiomole want to run Edo state like tinubu is exploiting Lagos state.There is no room for godfatherism in Edo .

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Sunnymatey(m): 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2019
Didi2d:
Party membership is at the
Ward level.

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Offpoint: 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hey divay22 hope you're good? hope you can still remember me?

I'm checking on my old nairaland friends / crush this week.... reply if you're good.
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Staro: 7:11pm On Nov 13, 2019
Gbege
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Hallenjay: 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
Quorax:

I told someone here that Oshiomole can't do shiiit.

Dem think say na joke.
eeeyah
But NWC will b the one to organise primary election withing the party and Oshiomhole will der leader or appoint who to do dat as national chairman. ..they will denial Obaseki d party ticket and d court will rule because d vested body to conduct d election does and it'll just go in d case of ogun state...The earlier Obaseki goes to pdp the better for him. ..removing Oshiomole as chairman cannot happen through him now. .it's a much a later task nt now
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by johnmattew: 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2019
DSoj:
Suspend National chairman from state branch of the party? Jokers

The money from the Gov is chooking their throats
dumb..u think obaseki is into bribery??...Edo people are behind him...the hatred Edo state have for oshiomole is beyond money

6 Likes

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by penjm: 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2019
Adams Adams Adams your name d follow u ohh...
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by frowland(m): 7:18pm On Nov 13, 2019
godofuck231:
Death of the godfather

Lol.....
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by supercase1(m): 7:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
osho baba 0 - 1 obaseki
Gameon it's halftime grin grin grin
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by fergie001: 7:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hallenjay:
eeeyah
But NWC will b the one to organise primary election withing the party and Oshiomhole will der leader or appoint who to do dat as national chairman. ..they will denial Obaseki d party ticket and d court will rule because d vested body to conduct d election does and it'll just go in d case of ogun state...The earlier Obaseki goes to pdp the better for him. ..removing Oshiomole as chairman cannot happen through him now. .it's a much a later task nt now
You don't seem to get it....once your ward says this man is suspended....all they do is forward the suspension letter to the NWC...who will call an emergency NEC and remove the Chairman.

The NWC is the administrative "oga" but the Ward is the most potent.

Why do you think the PGF called for Oshiomhole to call for NEC? They are all in it together. They are tacitly behind Obaseki.

As a party member, you register at Ward level not at NWC.

All I think Obaseki is pushing is that Oshiomhole shouldn't conduct the primaries for Edo guber.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Quorax: 7:23pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hallenjay:
eeeyah

Obaseki is a Benin man. OSHIOMOLE is not a Benin man.

Tribal politics will play out las las

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by starz100: 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
How can a state arm of the party suspend the national chairman? It is like the home state house of assembly impeaching the President. Or don't they work with a constitution again?
Well, this is Nigeria where anything goes
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Quorax: 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
fergie001:

You don't seem to get it....once your ward says this man is suspended....all they do is forward the suspension letter to the NWC...who will call an emergency NEC and remove the Chairman.

The NWC is the administrative "oga" but the Ward is the most potent.

Why do you think the PGF called for Oshiomhole to call for NEC? They are all in it together. They are tacitly behind Obaseki.

As a party member, you register at Ward level not at NWC.

All I think Obaseki is pushing is that Oshiomhole shouldn't conduct the primaries for Edo guber.

Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by hinograce: 7:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
He fought against godfatherism. This is a classic case of not practicing what you preach.
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Bimpe29: 7:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
Beginning of the end of political relationship b2w Oshiomhole and Obaseki has finally come.
This is good for the annihilation of god fatherism in Edo.
Shame on APC.
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Divay22(f): 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2019
Offpoint:

Hey divay22 hope you're good? hope you can still remember me?

I'm checking on my old nairaland friends / crush this week.... reply if you're good.
Yes, I am smileyand you?
Of course i do

That's really thoughtful of you. I do appreciate smiley smiley smiley
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by fergie001: 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2019
starz100:
How can a state arm of the party suspend the national chairman? It is like the home state house of assembly impeaching the President. Or don't they work with a constitution again?
Well, this is Nigeria where anything goes
Party politics is bottom-up approach.

You register at Ward level.
For adams to be chairman today, his ward pushed him to LGA...and then his state gov nominated him.

What it means is that the ward level is powerful and can also retrieve what they freely gave.

Once your state is not in support, it is very difficult as in the case of Okwesilieze Nwodo, PDP and Sullivan Chime.
or in the case of
Oyegun APC Obaseki.
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Majornuggets(m): 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
Lol, the more you look the less you see. A national chairman of a party being suspended from his party by his home state chapter
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by fergie001: 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2019
HospitalityDiva:

Kindly study the APC Constitution, article 21 particularly; section B iv-vii.

Then you would see why Oshiomhole should be worried.
I can help with a link

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/apc-suspends-member-elect-over-violation-of-party-constitution/amp/
Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Amdoyin(m): 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2019
eDoctorr:
Proud of this man, no matter the outcome of the fight; Respect to Gov. Obaseki.

Majority of Yoruba ppl are cowards...

Before u start saying trash...
I am Yemi Olumide
fool! Omo Ale jatijati to n fi owo osi Juwe Ile baba e... Must you spread your dirty linen in the open and what has Edo political situation got To do with the yoruba(s).

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Offpoint: 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2019
Divay22:
Yes, I am smileyand you? Of course i do
That's really thoughtful of you. I do appreciate smiley smiley smiley
Glad to hear you're okay.... Stay safe and sound.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki, Edo APC Leaders Endorse Oshiomhole’s Suspension by Sterope(f): 7:40pm On Nov 13, 2019
Wow smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NURTW Queries MC Oluomo For Insubordination, Anti-Union Activities / Ayu Dodges Wike, Sends NWC Members To Meet Him / Swearing In Of Yahaya Bello As Governor Of Kogi State - Live Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.