Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,556 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? (1910 Views)

Obi, Datti Will Be Punished For Hate Speech If Tinubu Wins - Femi Fani-Kayode / Bode George: Mu’azu Fled Nigeria Day Before 2015 Presidential Poll / 'Someone Trying To Frame Me' - Man Whose Picture Was Used For Hate Speech Cries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by EmekaMD(m): 12:38am On Nov 14, 2019
Just thinking out loud.
What if Death by hanging was the punishment for hate speech before 2015.

What' would happen to Amechi who threatened to Form a parallel government should Apc loose 2015 election.

What would have happened to Buhari who threatened to "soak the dogs and baboons in blood"

How about Lai Muhammad, the Architect in Chief of all the lies and hate speeches in Nigeria?

Or is this the typical example of
"Aga fee ogwe asi ogwe jiri" ?
(when you successfully crossed the bridge you wish it to fall apart )

I'm just thinking out loud

3 Likes

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by faithfull18(f): 12:40am On Nov 14, 2019
Most of those agitating for it would have been found guilty.

6 Likes

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by EmekaMD(m): 12:47am On Nov 14, 2019
What people fail to understand is that the definition of hate speech is subjective and the government of the day would use it to gag dissenting voices.

Who defines what we shall call hate speech ?

Call Buhari a failure and its hate speech.
Call Lai Muhammed a liar and its hate speech.

We need a law that'll hang the corrupt politicians, not the imaginary hate speakers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by Chapter1vs6(m): 12:55am On Nov 14, 2019
Funny but true

1 Like

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by SalamRushdie: 1:41am On Nov 14, 2019
ElRufai would have been guillotined

1 Like

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by Nobody: 4:16am On Nov 14, 2019
The actors fronting this bill from the background would have been coffin landlords for sure. Many of them would have been long dead and forgotten.

1 Like

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by Mynd44: 4:40am On Nov 14, 2019
Seems a lot of you don't know what hate speech is

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by helinues: 5:46am On Nov 14, 2019
What are you people afraid of?
Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by AkwalaIke1: 6:04am On Nov 14, 2019
[s]
helinues:
What are you people afraid of?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 14, 2019
Even nairaland moderating the politic section would have been in 6 ft by now

1 Like

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by etrouble: 6:44am On Nov 14, 2019
Did you just asked what would have happened to Buhari? My brother, don't bring back bad memories, Buhari was one of those that slaughtered Aguyi Ironsi as revenge for killing Northern leaders. Buhari was also one of those that used over three million Biafrans for pepper soup and suya and also used your mothers, aunties and sisters as sex slaves for over 30 months. So, there is nothing Goatluck Jonathan and you chest beaters can do to Buhari.
Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by EmekaMD(m): 6:55am On Nov 14, 2019
Mynd44:
Seems a lot of you don't know what hate speech is
what is hate speech ?
There's no exact definition to what is hate speech.
Its contextual mostly and subjective too.

Buhari and Apc could decide to "give the dog a bad name and kill him " if you know what i mean.

Keep supporting media giggling until it gets to you..
Keep feeding the wolf

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by EmekaMD(m): 6:56am On Nov 14, 2019
etrouble:
Did you just asked what would have happened to Buhari? My brother, don't bring back bad memories, Buhari was one of those that slaughtered Aguyi Ironsi as revenge for killing Northern leaders. Buhari was also one of those that used over three million Biafrans for pepper soup and suya and also used your mothers, aunties and sisters as sex slaves for over 30 months. So, there is nothing Goatluck Jonathan and you chest beaters can do to Buhari.
boring.
Next time reasonable minds are discussing hide ur face

4 Likes

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by beejaay: 7:22am On Nov 14, 2019
etrouble:
If the law is passed you get yourself hanged with this comment

3 Likes

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 14, 2019
Bunch of proud stark illiterates

You want to know what hate speech is watch hotel Rwanda, since you are too simple to actually read

Or read up on Myanmar and the sanctions against facebook

If you spread a story, particularly a false one which is designed to incite violence or discrimination against a person or group of people, that is hate speech.

1 Like

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by EmekaMD(m): 8:35am On Nov 14, 2019
ornicus:
Bunch of proud stark illiterates

You want to know what hate speech is watch hotel Rwanda, since you are too simple to actually read

Or read up on Myanmar and the sanctions against facebook

If you spread a story, particularly a false one which is designed to incite violence or discrimination against a person or group of people, that is hate speech.

how about if you threaten to form a parallel government ?
How about if you threaten the whole country and promise to soak the dogs and baboons in blood, how about if you divide the country into 97 and 5%?
Lets call a spade by its names.
We all know how it all started.

Treat the cause and not the symptoms and you'll get it right..

1 Like

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 14, 2019
EmekaMD:
how about if you threaten to form a parallel government ?
How about if you threaten the whole country and promise to soak the dogs and baboons in blood, how about if you divide the country into 97 and 5%?
Lets call a spade by its names.
We all know how it all started.

Treat the cause and not the symptoms and you'll get it right..

Typical simpleton. I will form a parallel government, a compelete empty and meaningless threat is hate speech? This is how slow and empty headed you louts are

Dog and baboon soaked in blood, an Hausa/Fulani phrase is hate speech? You see you are dumb right?

Please jump in the mentions of your fellow ignoramuses. Ffcunt and renowanker trained troll.

1 Like

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 14, 2019
Even if everyone survived a hate speech "hang until death" bill in 2015, maggots would've long disposed the toothpicks they used after lunching on Liar Mohammed's and El Rufai's and Buhari's hanged bodies by now.

It will require a full time job to track instances of hypocrisy in this govt because they are as enormous as its audio projects. undecided
Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 14, 2019
If this law was in place before 2015, all afonjas would have been dead by now cuz their hatred no be here.

2 Likes

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by EmekaMD(m): 3:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
ornicus:

Typical simpleton. I will form a parallel government, a compelete empty and meaningless threat is hate speech? This is how slow and empty headed you louts are

Dog and baboon soaked in blood, an Hausa/Fulani phrase is hate speech? You see you are dumb right?

Please jump in the mentions of your fellow ignoramuses. Ffcunt and renowanker trained troll.
i will form a parallel government.. a complete and empty speech ?
Do you remember why Sowore is still in detention by now despite all court orders ?

Truth is.. i hate double standard never-do wells.
Can you imagine repeating just exactly same threat of forming a parallel government today and walking home home afterwards ?

Dogs and baboons soaking in blood an hausa phrase. What exactly does it mean ?
Does it in any way means a threat to violence and loss of life ? C'mon now go Get a life

Turn the goal posts and position them well just to serve ur wicked and incompetent mind.
I have better words to describe you.. but I'll save that for another senseless mention from you
Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
EmekaMD:
i will form a parallel government.. a complete and empty speech ?
Do you remember why Sowore is still in detention by now despite all court orders ?

Truth is.. i hate double standard never-do wells.
Can you imagine repeating just exactly same threat of forming a parallel government today and walking home home afterwards ?

Dogs and baboons soaking in blood an hausa phrase. What exactly does it mean ?
Does it in any way means a threat to violence and loss of life ? C'mon now go Get a life

Turn the goal posts and position them well just to serve ur wicked and incompetent mind.
I have better words to describe you.. but I'll save that for another senseless mention from you

i suggest you go and read

you live in country with 250 other tribes, but you insist on being a proud ignoramus

please read what people with far more sense than you said on the dog and baboon phrase that ignorant rabid aerialists like you jumped on
better try to understand simple phrases from other languages.

it would do you a world of good.
there is more to nigeria than the hamlet you reside in

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/5195-buhari_vs_pdp_the_dog_and_the_baboon.html
http://saharareporters.com/2012/05/18/semantics-%E2%80%9C-dog-and-baboon-will-be-soaked-blood%E2%80%9D-umar-bello

maybe you are a dog or a baboon. your reasoning in this case is below par for either of those lower animals

1 Like

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by EmekaMD(m): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
ornicus:

i suggest you go and read

you live in country with 250 other tribes, but you insist on being a proud ignoramus

please read what people with far more sense than you said on the dog and baboon phrase that ignorant rabid aerialists like you jumped on
better try to understand simple phrases from other languages.

it would do you a world of good.
there is more to nigeria than the hamlet you reside in

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/5195-buhari_vs_pdp_the_dog_and_the_baboon.html
http://saharareporters.com/2012/05/18/semantics-%E2%80%9C-dog-and-baboon-will-be-soaked-blood%E2%80%9D-umar-bello

maybe you are a dog or a baboon. your reasoning in this case is below par for either of those lower animals
Dogs and Baboons soaking in blood is figurative and could be used in many contexts. The question is. What context has Buhari used it in?
To ans this lemme walk you down the memory lane.
Post 2011 election.. Buhari lost and thousands of properties were lost, 100s were killed.
Guess this is the meaning of the hausa phrase you referring to?

Dude.. you sinking so low and worst thing is.. you think you making any sense.
Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by orisa37: 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
EmekaMD:
Just thinking out loud.

What' would happen to Amechi who threatened to Form a parallel government should Apc loose 2015 election.

What would have happened to Buhari who threatened to "soak the dogs and baboons in blood"

How about Lai Muhammad, the Architect in Chief of all the lies and hate speeches in Nigeria?

Re: If "Death By Hanging Law For Hate Speech Was In Place Before 2015? by orisa37: 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
EmekaMD:
Just thinking out loud.

He that raised the Bill in NASS is guilty of intended genocide.

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Why Buhari Won’t Address Nigerians -by Farooq A. Kperogi, Ph.d. / BUHARI Should Get Another Chief Of Staff. / Ilu Abo Owo Road Explosion In Pictures!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.