Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,953 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Judge Orders Destruction Of Shoe Polish In Anambara. See Why... - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Judge Orders Destruction Of Shoe Polish In Anambara. See Why... (581 Views)

Ganduje Orders Destruction Of Building Where Pmb's In-law Was Rescued / Judge Orders 22-week Pregnant Disabled Woman To Have Abortion / Court Orders Destruction Of 14 Containers Of Tramadol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge Orders Destruction Of Shoe Polish In Anambara. See Why... by MetaPhysical: 6:35am On Nov 14, 2019
November 13, 2019
Tony Okafor, Awka

A Federal High Court sitting in Awka, Anambra State, has ordered the destruction of fake shoe polish confiscated in some markets in Onitsha.

The court presided over by Justice I. B. Gafai said the 1,600 tins of fake Kiwi polish worth about N42m should be destroyed by burning.

In addition to the destruction of the fake products, the court ordered the seizure of the property of the importers and awarded N2m against them.

The counsel for Asco Investment, Mr Tagbo Anaeto, described the faking of genuine products as a great economic sabotage as it was an infringement on the trademark of registered owners of Kiwi products.

Anaeto expressed gratitude to the judiciary for the order and the steadfastness of the Chairman of Asco Investments, Chief Sam Anyanwutaku, to wipe out fake products from the markets.

He said, “It is an ongoing exercise. We are in every market to fish out fake Kiwi products, especially markets in Onitsha.

“Those involved in the illegal act do so under the cover of a company and we are happy that the court has directed the Standards Organisation of Nigeria to sanction them appropriately.

“We are also happy that the fake products are no longer as prevalent as they used to be as the people involved are beginning to realise that Asco Investment are unrelenting in fighting the fake Kiwi polish importers.”

Anyanwutaku commended the judiciary, security agencies and the foreign manufacturers of the products for supporting the efforts of his company to wipe out fake Kiwi products from Nigeria.

“It is only few people that still engage in it and we hope to completely wipe them out soon. In the past, majority of the Kiwi polish in Nigeria was fake, but through our efforts, the problem has reduced considerably,” he added.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/court-orders-burning-of-n42m-shoe-polish-in-anambra/amp/

Re: Judge Orders Destruction Of Shoe Polish In Anambara. See Why... by MetaPhysical: 6:39am On Nov 14, 2019
My people my people!!! grin

Igbo Kwenu!

Kwenu!!
Kwenu!!!

The world's greatest developers! grin

2 Likes

Re: Judge Orders Destruction Of Shoe Polish In Anambara. See Why... by voltron14: 6:47am On Nov 14, 2019
Fake shoe polish.

1 Like

Re: Judge Orders Destruction Of Shoe Polish In Anambara. See Why... by hisgrace090: 6:53am On Nov 14, 2019
All type of criminals at work.

Good judgement.
Re: Judge Orders Destruction Of Shoe Polish In Anambara. See Why... by OladiTwo5(m): 7:18am On Nov 14, 2019
What will it take the company to get the real franchise from the original company (kiwi), or even, set up their own brand. Now imagine the great loss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Destruction Of Shoe Polish In Anambara. See Why... by MetaPhysical: 8:01am On Nov 14, 2019
When Kanu said Muhammadu Buhari was a fake, a cloned President and that his real name is Jibrin, many of us had no clue what made him come up with such weirdo idea....but to many Ibos it made sense. They were able to see life through a different mirror that rest of us are blind to. They understand very well the idea of producing out of something an image to mimick the original. It doesnt have to do what the original does....it just needs to dupe people into thinking what they have is original. Looking back, I understand where Kanu was coming from.

If they can produce fake shoe polish...shoe polish fa!.....then they can give us fake toothpaste, in a fake tube!

I am surprised they are yet to produce fake yam...or fake ugu!

My people my people.
Chai!!! Chineke mme!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge Orders Destruction Of Shoe Polish In Anambara. See Why... by MetaPhysical: 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
hisgrace090:
All type of criminals at work.

Good judgement.

(1) (Reply)

Female Police Officer Accuses Male Counterpart Of Raping Her 9-year-old Daughter / Understanding The Allen Onyema, Air Peace & The Indictment Saga / Housewife Opts For Husband’s Young Brother For Sexual Satisfaction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.