Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,606 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? (47440 Views)

Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? / Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / Best Bank To Open A Savings Account In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by Kaa4(m): 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
nototribalist:
My savings account balance is N90.

Experts in the house, it's there a way I can withdraw N50 from it?

I need it

There's no way you can because you have already drawn down the balance. You may close the account however, if the Bank will not impose any charges. I counsel you to leave it because you might ned it later, when you are rich.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by lanvic12(m): 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2019
Savings and current account are the same bank still money in both account ...Simple !!!
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by nototribalist: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
SweetDipBenny:
too bad.send ur acc

No .
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by Burgcudi(m): 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
Lol. Quickly Top-up your airtime via quickteller using an ATM before them go deduct am finish

nototribalist:

I need it

I'm FINISHED , GT bank just reduced it to N65. This world don tire me.

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by highbee02: 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
Solsix:
Current account is a business account in carious forms. It charges COT in various forms according to the bank while savings account is use to save money. It pays interest depending on the type and bank. Savings account cannot be used for loan application, but it can be used by small businesses onwers who don't want to be charged

Pls, what's COT?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by blazepascal(m): 2:01pm On Nov 15, 2019
ednut1:
Difference is in the name grin
lol u no serious o
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by AvalonSpace(m): 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
nototribalist:

I need it

I'm FINISHED , GT bank just reduced it to N65. This world don tire me.

funny
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by sterlingD(m): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
legalwealth:

Do you work with sterling bank or are you one of their marketers?
No l don't work for them.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by sterlingD(m): 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
highbee02:

Pls, what's COT?
Commission On Turnover
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by Rodeoz(m): 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
Name is the difference

ednut1:
Difference is in the name grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by frozen70g(f): 2:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
dottozil:

Thanks alot, how do the COT work, cos am interested in upgrading my savings account into current and I won't want unnecessary charge.

That unnecessary charges that you don't want is the exact thing you will get
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by jclassiq(m): 5:01pm On Nov 15, 2019
helinues:
Savings is for personal use while current is mostly for business.. They both have limits of depositing and withdrawing
With current account, you could get a reasonable loans compared to Savings account

What of salary account? Can I also get loan with that? Like say 500k
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
sonature1:
The new generation banks have introduced lots of similarities between the two accounts, making it difficult to spot a difference.

By and large, individuals own savings account while businesses own current/account.

More importantly, opening a current account comes with more headaches because you will be asked to provide references grin

I have a current account as an individual.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 15, 2019
omoadeleye:

In layman's explanation

On a norms, current account is created for people who are earning correct money, cause there are some charges that would be deducted from the account type most times and they may qualify for bank overdraft (to withdraw above the limit in their account) and they are also using cheques to drawn on them, but savings account is created for low income earners, it was set up to encourage low income earners to also save or have a bank account, and you can maintain a little amount on savings account compare to current account... And savings account most time are always given some interest amount based on their balance... And cheques are not really drawn on them.

Savings account is not really for low income earners. what u shud say is , these days certain savings account have been created for low income e arners. you can have any amount of money in both savings and current, depending on the kind of savings u have,
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by dottozil: 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2019
frozen70g:

That unnecessary charges that you don't want is the exact thing you will get

Chai, I don run
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by omoadeleye(m): 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
Njeps:

Savings account is not really for low income earners. what u shud say is , these days certain savings account have been created for low income e arners. you can have any amount of money in both savings and current, depending on the kind of savings u have,

What was the aim when it was first created?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by 9jaRealist: 11:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
Solsix:
Current account is a business account in carious forms. It charges COT in various forms according to the bank while savings account is use to save money. It pays interest depending on the type and bank. Savings account cannot be used for loan application, but it can be used by small businesses onwers who don't want to be charged

No, it is not....
>
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by Solsix(m): 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2019
happydays1:

Sorry my brother current account mustn't be a business account, individual can own current account, let me list some difference between both.
Current account has a cheque book, which u can use for settlements, cheque book is like money in a way.
Cheques can be paid into a current account, so if u receive a cheque from some one, knows as a third party, for settlement, or exchange of value, u can pay the cheque into your current account, the cheque will go through clearing house. Clearing is a place where cheques are verified, since d cheque may b another banks cheque.
Your can get a business loan or overdraft from your current account, but not savings.

Banks charge COT charge on turnover, for every withdrawal. they charge u a certain amount, like #3 for every 1k.
From an x
Why will you keep a current account that charges COT or rather keep a savings account that pays you interest no matter how small. Individuals can keep current account but that not the best
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by Solsix(m): 6:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
Ekehwinz:

Whats the highest amount that can be deposited in current and savings acccount?
Unlimited amount provided you can explain your source of income
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by highbee02: 6:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
[quote author=sterlingD post=84052714] Commission On Turnover [/quote
Thanks
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by francdec4(m): 7:03am On Nov 17, 2019
Thanks bro cos quit a handful believe embassies prefer or favor savings to any other.

RichDad1:

Anyone. As long as you can provide your account statement with sufficient funds and transactions.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by RichDad1(m): 7:07am On Nov 17, 2019
francdec4:
Thanks bro cos quit a handful believe embassies prefer or favor savings to any other.

Not at all. Al long as you can provide your statements and sufficient evidence of the said account being active with volume of transactions.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by francdec4(m): 11:13am On Nov 17, 2019
Thanks bro.

RichDad1:

Not at all. Al long as you can provide your statements and sufficient evidence of the said account being active with volume of transactions.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? by jeyinmicool: 7:23pm On Aug 21, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghost Amala Joint Seller And Her Apprentices Disappear After Being Recognized / I ‘ll Name Those Behind Forex Crisis, If … Says Ubah / Obi Iyiegbu Cubana Building A Night Club In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.