Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Buying A Home To Live In Is Bad Investment, Rent Is Better - Finance Expert Says - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Buying A Home To Live In Is Bad Investment, Rent Is Better - Finance Expert Says (384 Views)

Is 10 Million Naira Investment That Returns N250k Yearly A Bad Investment? / Finance Expert Lauds Kennedy Uzoka, Banker Of The Year / Why Investing In Bitcoin Is A Bad Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying A Home To Live In Is Bad Investment, Rent Is Better - Finance Expert Says by Alarinka1: 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
In Nigeria, buying a car is regarded as a liability while owning a house is rated as a good investment. However, this line of thought was recently questioned by finance expert, Tayo Oyedeji, who argued that home ownership is a bad investment if the purpose is to live there.

Oyedeji is an entrepreneur who feels renting a home is wiser than owning it. He gave an example of himself, stating that he owns few properties which according to him are a bad investment on his part. According to Tayo Oyedeji, most people own properties because of... https://nairametrics.com/2019/11/13/nigerians-react-as-finance-expert-rates-home-ownership-a-bad-investment/

Re: Buying A Home To Live In Is Bad Investment, Rent Is Better - Finance Expert Says by SocialJustice: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
So even nairametrics is trying to harvest traffic here. This is low class bloggers attitude, please stop it.
Re: Buying A Home To Live In Is Bad Investment, Rent Is Better - Finance Expert Says by Greyworld: 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2019
If I lay a curse on this one nw they will say Greyworld has come again. why lead the children of God Astray Mr. Man?
Re: Buying A Home To Live In Is Bad Investment, Rent Is Better - Finance Expert Says by Greyworld: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2019
If I lay a curse on this one nw they will say Greyworld has come again. why lead the children of God Astray Mr. Man?

Is it not a human that built the one you want to rent?
Re: Buying A Home To Live In Is Bad Investment, Rent Is Better - Finance Expert Says by Righteousness89(m): 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
I don't agree with the Expert Completely..

What I will say is Owning a Property that is not in use is a Liability..

Building an Edifice that is way Bigger than the occupants as is a Liability. Just like u see Most times in Nigeria Especially Lagos

In Nigeria, you will see Someone build a House of 10bedrooms , restrooms, etc . Meanwhile it's just him , his wife, one or two children who most times are outside the Country..

Most of the people these kind of houses are Criminals who have Embezzled Money.

I have one in my area in Nigeria. A custom officer that drives a small Renault to work but Acquired Big Automobiles. His house is like Aso rock, and there are not more than 3-4 people in the house throughout the year.

(1) (Reply)

Adeshewa Bedspreads And Duvet Rolls Out Christmas Promo / A New Dofollow Forum Website Like Nairaland / Inter-cop Guards Limited – One Of The Best Security Company In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.