Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users (21681 Views)

This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors / Iphone Users, How Do You Pay For Your Apple Music Subscription?? / 10 Incredibly Useful Apps For Iphone Users (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by MGab25(m): 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2019
Facebook’s VP of Integrity, Mr. Guy Rosen recently revealed how a bug in their IOS App caused the App to secretly Record iPhone Users while they scrolled through Facebook.

Mr. Guy Rosen also revealed that the code was accidentally added to the Application, but has now been removed in the latest version of Facebook’s iOS App.

The app with the Bug is version 244 of the Facebook iOS app, so, Check your App and Update to the Latest Version.

His Tweet goes as thus; “We recently discovered our iOS app incorrectly launched in landscape. In fixing that last week in v246 we inadvertently introduced a bug where the app partially navigates to the camera screen when a photo is tapped.

“We have no evidence of photos/videos uploaded due to this.”

Although Facebook’s VP of Integrity revealed that they stored no record of the videos recorded while the Bug was in Play, the tweet caused a stir on twitter as a User replied the tweet with one that goes as thus; “I don’t believe this was accidental or that it doesn’t affect Android.”

Could this be one of the reasons Facebook App requests access to our Camera?

A Twitter User recorded a video of how he discovered the Bug while using Facebook.

Watch Video Here

https://mobile.twitter.com/neo_qa/status/1190639141979140097?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1190639141979140097&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.entgist.xyz%2Fread-how-facebook-bug-secretly-recorded-iphone-users%2F

https://www.entgist.xyz/read-how-facebook-bug-secretly-recorded-iphone-users/

1 Like

Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by DRPAIT123(m): 2:38am On Nov 15, 2019
So they decided to come clean so as to avoid lawsuit or what?
And to all the people shouting and ranting about that faceapp that became viral some months ago, do you now see that nothing is truly secure, no total privacy really exist anywhere.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by hisexcellency34: 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
How can regulate a social media page like Facebook or nairaland? Practically impossible
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2019
World of gathering data...
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2019
Okay na today

G.oogle is also doing somthing similar with your mic, if you have android phone. Disable goo.gle now/assistant today.

If you go into go.ogle account settings, data and personalisation. Turn off what you don't need, all your search history and other things are saved. although they claim only you get to see those stuffs, i don't believe that story.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by LOWLIFER: 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2019
a
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by nixaman(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hello
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by Antoeni(m): 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
Wetin dey wan Hear
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by Toppytek(m): 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
If your privacy matters to you, stay off social media and the internet as whole.

33 Likes

Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by Faridaheilk: 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
What technology will cause these days ehn mmmm
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by GuestLog: 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
Hmmm
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by Shaprara: 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
All iOS users should indeed be careful with the new fix.

MGab25:
Facebook’s VP of Integrity, Mr. Guy Rosen recently revealed how a bug in their IOS App caused the App to secretly Record iPhone Users while they scrolled through Facebook.

Mr. Guy Rosen also revealed that the code was accidentally added to the Application, but has now been removed in the latest version of Facebook’s iOS App.

The app with the Bug is version 244 of the Facebook iOS app, so, Check your App and Update to the Latest Version.

His Tweet goes as thus; “We recently discovered our iOS app incorrectly launched in landscape. In fixing that last week in v246 we inadvertently introduced a bug where the app partially navigates to the camera screen when a photo is tapped.

“We have no evidence of photos/videos uploaded due to this.”

Although Facebook’s VP of Integrity revealed that they stored no record of the videos recorded while the Bug was in Play, the tweet caused a stir on twitter as a User replied the tweet with one that goes as thus; “I don’t believe this was accidental or that it doesn’t affect Android.”

Could this be one of the reasons Facebook App requests access to our Camera?

A Twitter User recorded a video of how he discovered the Bug while using Facebook.

Watch Video Here

https://mobile.twitter.com/neo_qa/status/1190639141979140097?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1190639141979140097&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.entgist.xyz%2Fread-how-facebook-bug-secretly-recorded-iphone-users%2F

https://www.entgist.xyz/read-how-facebook-bug-secretly-recorded-iphone-users/

Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by Thegoodone13(m): 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
grin grin Monitoring spirit get back from me.
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by Vacora(m): 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
[quote author=cdindy352 post=84057715]HOT African Maid Being Fuc*ked By Her Boss For 12 Hrs Still Want More After The Wife Leaves(Video)

You need Jesus in your life, fam
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by Godhatesodomy: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
Wow
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by Badonasty(m): 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
Nothing is free...not even in Freetown...the day I know say our every move on the internet is monitored was when Mark himself use papertape block camera of him laptop

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
Even people with N0.00 in their account will come to cey

1 Like

Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by TechCapon(m): 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
cheesy
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by QuietHammer(m): 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2019
grin

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake

grin
So you better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by softplaceng: 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2019
they just want facebook to crash from one problem to another

i always why nairaland has much users until i discovered that most users like spammer always create account immediately they are banned
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by ForeThinker: 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2019
Inside life
Re: How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users by Timileyin1234(m): 6:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
Facebook dey mad, I no even get Facebook for phone na only messenger I get and I no dey update am

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me / Tecno N3 Or Tecno T3, which one? / How To Verify If Your Tecno Phone And Battery Are Genuine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.