Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors (41541 Views)

If Facebook Stay Offline For More Time, There Could Be Cyber Apocalypse / Olla Note 3 Unboxing, This Company Is Ready To Kick Competitors out / How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by TechCapon(m): 8:29am On May 18, 2019
TechCapon

Facebook is the biggest and most powerful social media company in the world and to remain on top, the company has adopted a very brutal strategy to achieve that goal. Over the years we’ve seen new social media companies emerge out of nowhere to threaten that dominance of Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg. Some of the companies actually put up a really good fight. While others are just sitting there, fighting for attention and survival. In this post, TechCapon will tell you how Facebook fights of any competition that tries to challenge its dominance.

According to CNN, these are the most popular social media companies in the US, (of course China has very powerful social media companies as well but we won’t mention them here because they’re not so popular outside China or Asia)

FACEBOOK BIGGEST COMPETITORS

Facebook

Instagram

Facebook Messenger

Twitter

Pinterest

Snapchat

Reddit

Tumblr

Whatsapp

One thing you’ll notice is that Facebook owns 4 out of the top 10 popular social media companies. This shows that FB is the most powerful and also it knows how to crush an emerging competitor right in its track. This is how Mark Zuckerberg does it.

NUMBER ONE: BUY THE COMPANY

Facebook has spent billions and billions of dollars buying up companies that try to threaten its dominance. It’s biggest acquisitions includes Instagram and Whatsapp. Facebook bought Instagram for $1 billion and 2 years later, the company bought Whatsapp for $22 billion. At the time people don’t understand why Whatsapp was worth that much amount of money. This is an app that runs no ads whatsoever. The fact is that Whatsapp is NOT worth that money and will never make that amount of money for Facebook in terms of profit and revenue. But the thing is Zuckerberg was not interested in the money. All he wants is to get rid of a fast emerging competitor that’s coming to steal its users away. Facebook has also tried to buy up other companies like Snapchat and Twitter. The founders of those companies refused to sell. So when buying doesn’t work, that brings us to number two option.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by TechCapon(m): 8:29am On May 18, 2019
TechCapon

NUMBER TWO: DENY ACCESS

When Zuckerberg fails to buy the company, he uses another strategy which is to deny access to that company from its data. What this means is that you cannot be able to invite your Facebook friend to use that app. Facebook did it to “Vine”, a fast-growing video-sharing app owned by Twitter. The company died. Not only that, Facebook and Instagram has done it to other companies and denied them access to their APIs. Most of those companies died and don’t exist anymore because of the move.

NUMBER THREE: COPY AND PASTE

When buying and denying access doesn’t work, what Zuckerberg does is to copy and paste. What this means is to look for the best feature of that new app, copy it and paste it in its own apps. For example, when Facebook tried to buy Snapchat for $3 billion, Snapchat CEO turned down the offer. What Zuckerberg did next was surprising, he copied Snapchat “stories feature” and applied it on Facebook and Instagram.

That move effectively took away that unique shine from Snapchat and the company has not recovered from that move ever since. So whenever you use Facebook stories or Instagram stories, remember that Zuckerberg actually stole the feature from Snapchat. After that happened Snapchat shares fell drastically and have continued to fall as their daily user base declined.

That is how Facebook has succeeded in staying on top and it has been a brilliant business strategy for the company. But now the table is turning and it could bring trouble for the company. That’s because regulators and politicians are now speaking up against these brutal dishonest strategies of Facebook. Also, a big anti-trust investigation is looming.

Recently a female US presidential candidate, Elizabeth Warren vowed to break up Facebook if she wins the presidential election accusing the company of having too much power. That means it’s not only competitors Zuckerberg has to worry about as politicians are now becoming interested in what they are doing. When Facebook bought Instagram, it has just 30 million users. Today, it has over 1 billion users. Considering what FB is doing, do you think Snapchat and Twitter should have sold their companies to Zuckerberg? Tell us in the comment section.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/this-is-how-facebook-kills-its-biggest-competitors/

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by TechCapon(m): 8:29am On May 18, 2019
Mark Zuckerberg no get joy grin

Let us sustain this momentum

Thanks to all who voted for me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Please I'll like us to sustain this momentum as the competition is very stiff.

Please kindly Go to Facebook and Instagram. Help me like and share these posts. You are entitled to more by voting on Facebook and Instagram: PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VOTE ON INSTAGRAM

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VOTE ON FACEBOOK

PLEASE SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND LIKE ON INSTAGRAM

PLEASE LIKE AND RETWEET HERE

Thanks and God bless you

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by basmur(m): 8:50am On May 18, 2019
The realest and biggest yahoo boy...

Shine on boss

142 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by SageMK: 9:00am On May 18, 2019
It's actually scary when you think deep about it.
As Information is power, facebook is too powerful.

124 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by MJBOLT: 9:34am On May 18, 2019

facebook is in competition with itself (facebook,Instagram,messenger,whatsapp),the rest are playing catch up

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by ifejilika(m): 9:43am On May 18, 2019
That man must be from the East(Anambra precisely)

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by faithfull18(f): 9:58am On May 18, 2019
Hmmn.
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Nobody: 10:05am On May 18, 2019
And when the Chinese copy, y'all be crying blue murder angry

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by TechCapon(m): 11:59am On May 18, 2019
MJBOLT:

facebook is in competition with itself (facebook,Instagram,messenger,whatsapp),the rest are playing catch up
because he bought those companies. Instagram would have been a huge competitor if zuckerberg didn't buy it early. He saw the future

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:18pm On May 18, 2019
Google came up with their Google plus many people predicted the end of Facebook but here we are, Google plus is the one dying.

27 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 18, 2019
....and all those companies refuse to sue him for copy and paste? To me he's not that teach guru, he's only a monopoly

39 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Hisduchess(f): 1:25pm On May 18, 2019
ifejilika:
grin maka why nah

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by yusfatedeeprof(m): 2:20pm On May 18, 2019
That's because he already has the upper hand..... Facebook itself has already set the precedence..... He can deny them acess, but they can't deny him

23 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by longestwai: 2:52pm On May 18, 2019
My tecno pop 1 is saying internal storage running out. I cannot save documents even when I have enough space in my memory card

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Frey5(m): 3:31pm On May 18, 2019
Sharp man
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Shukusheka(m): 3:35pm On May 18, 2019
longestwai:
My tecno pop 1 is saying internal storage running out. I cannot save documents even when I have enough space in my memory card
That is because you have exhausted your phone's internal memory, your memory card is an external memory.

Try to clear out the cache of your chrome browser, that is what is mostly eating up your internal memory.

60 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:38pm On May 18, 2019
Chain decided not to be on Facebook because it will make zuberbager the richest man in the world and probably the most powerful man too because he has 1/3 of all the information in the world.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Onyeedum(m): 3:51pm On May 18, 2019
Database is power.

9 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Femmymcox(m): 5:38pm On May 18, 2019
Badb0y4lyf:
Chain decided not to be on Facebook because it will make zuberbager the richest man in the world and probably the most powerful man too because he has 1/3 of all the information in the world.
your spellings ehn, get as e be ���

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Femmymcox(m): 5:40pm On May 18, 2019
It still amaze me how WhatsApp worth such amount without a single advertisement placement

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by lilianofentse(f): 5:49pm On May 18, 2019
Femmymcox:
It still amaze me how WhatsApp worth such amount without a single advertisement placement
they spy on people's information/chats. Politicians, marketers offer alot of money for this info. Facebook and Instagram does same. They all hide behind "your messages are encrypted". Its all a scam.

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by lanre316: 6:39pm On May 18, 2019
ifejilika:

Yes, nao. His real name is Mark Izukaba

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by judgementyard(m): 6:54pm On May 18, 2019
Facebook all the way!
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Freelancerx: 7:01pm On May 18, 2019
Try and change your SDcard or reset the phone and try to save a document
longestwai:
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by longestwai: 7:12pm On May 18, 2019
please how can I root my camon 11 pro so that I can install font?
Freelancerx:
Try and change your SDcard or reset the phone and try to save a document
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by adebayo10977(m): 7:48pm On May 18, 2019
longestwai:

I am using techno pop 1 also, and I can tell you that i experienced such also, what you need to do is to go to your setting and click on storage and clear cache of some applications like the CHROME, i think the chrome consume more space compared to other app, once you clear it, you'll see drastic change and that no internal storage won't pop up again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by ThePreachersSon: 9:45pm On May 18, 2019
Ucheosefoh:
Google came up with their Google plus many people predicted the end of Facebook but here we are, Google plus is the one dying.

Please what is Google plus?
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by ThePreachersSon: 9:48pm On May 18, 2019
wizzywisdom:
....and all those companies refuse to sue him for copy and paste? To me he's not that teach guru, he's only a monopoly

Guy wake up! This is the business world. You must do anything and everything, legal or not to survive, if you'd end up like Emenike. He's not a guru or anything, he is just super smart. Dangote does the same things

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Vicintonsh(m): 9:50pm On May 18, 2019
The guy truly knows the market and strategies to stay ontop but his brutal ways are killing startups. There should be enough room for competition. Mark wants to occupy that room alone.

4 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by bravesoul247(m): 10:17pm On May 18, 2019
TechCapon:
NUMBER TWO: DENY ACCESS

When Zuckerberg fails to buy the company, he uses another strategy which is to deny access to that company from its data. What this means is that you cannot be able to invite your Facebook friend to use that app. Facebook did it to “Vine”, a fast-growing video-sharing app owned by Twitter. The company died. Not only that, Facebook and Instagram has done it to other companies and denied them access to their APIs. Most of those companies died and don’t exist anymore because of the move.

NUMBER THREE: COPY AND PASTE

When buying and denying access doesn’t work, what Zuckerberg does is to copy and paste. What this means is to look for the best feature of that new app, copy it and paste it in its own apps. For example, when Facebook tried to buy Snapchat for $3 billion, Snapchat CEO turned down the offer. What Zuckerberg did next was surprising, he copied Snapchat “stories feature” and applied it on Facebook and Instagram.

That move effectively took away that unique shine from Snapchat and the company has not recovered from that move ever since. So whenever you use Facebook stories or Instagram stories, remember that Zuckerberg actually stole the feature from Snapchat. After that happened Snapchat shares fell drastically and have continued to fall as their daily user base declined.

That is how Facebook has succeeded in staying on top and it has been a brilliant business strategy for the company. But now the table is turning and it could bring trouble for the company. That’s because regulators and politicians are now speaking up against these brutal dishonest strategies of Facebook. Also, a big anti-trust investigation is looming.

Recently a female US presidential candidate, Elizabeth Warren vowed to break up Facebook if she wins the presidential election accusing the company of having too much power. That means it’s not only competitors Zuckerberg has to worry about as politicians are now becoming interested in what they are doing. When Facebook bought Instagram, it has just 30 million users. Today, it has over 1 billion users. Considering what FB is doing, do you think Snapchat and Twitter should have sold their companies to Zuckerberg? Tell us in the comment section.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/this-is-how-facebook-kills-its-biggest-competitors/

Mynd44

dominique
this is lovely! how do you get your contents please?

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall / Tecno P5 Usb / Charging Port Ways / How Africans Replied A Racist On Tiktok.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.