Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth (4152 Views)

5G: Era Of TV Coming To An End, As China Lunches 5G Phone That Can Project Movie / Read About China's Artificial Sun That Is 'SIX TIMES' Hotter Than The Real Sun / The Working Of Artificial Intelligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by RubiesBanking: 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
Should we really be afraid the way were going or embrace this new tech and scientific discoveries making new grounds everyday.
What's your opinion concerning this matter? Do you think this Discovery of artificial birth would be of great help to us as Humans or were just creating a shorter path to our destruction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by waseun007: 6:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
Its a welcomed development...nice one

8 Likes

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by Sonsly041(m): 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
End time program

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by GreetMe(m): 7:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
Why is the man sounding pained?

Must women suffer all the time? I guess it's african mentality

14 Likes

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by Techdra: 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
Too many artificial stuff in this generation. I shudder like mad anytime I think of how the world would be in the 40-50 years. A real shit-hole.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by traihit: 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
GreetMe:
Why is the man sounding pained?

Must women suffer all the time? I guess it's african mentality

Must everything criticism always be African mentality? So it's now unsafe to have an opposing view of an idea? Mind you, the foreigners who you think fall head over heels for these technological development are also divided.

12 Likes

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
Amazing development!
Cant wait oo

1 Like

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by TMemos: 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
The so-called Biblical curse on Eve and her descendants finally destroyed.

The curse on the snake has since been destroyed because not all snakes are poisonous.

With the Eve curse about to be trashed, it has implications for the sin of Adam and the death of Christ.

7 Likes

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by omoiyalayi(m): 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
I wonder how God will feel knowing human are tampering with his ideology of creation.

Changing the way He plan things for us
Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by Amstupid(m): 9:21pm On Nov 14, 2019
grin
I love it ,,, only if d thing get artificial vigina ..... undecided

I will phuck it ND I will see my sperm Live ND clear forming into a lion in d artificial womb grin

1 Like

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by Tedpgrass: 9:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
Sci-fi isn't that far-fetched!!!!!....

This is already being trialled somewhere.

I'm certain there are human versions of "dolly the sheep".... Maybe not in general population but definitely being studied.. Enhancing perfection of DNA optimization techniques, being an standby organ donor of sorts ..

Mind-boggling some of these advances....... as most do not meet ethical standards.

3 Likes

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by FlyingTOMATOE: 9:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
MASS PRODUCTION

1 Like

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by ikbnice(m): 9:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
omoiyalayi:
I wonder how God will feel knowing human are tampering with his ideology of creation.

that's if that entity actually exists in the form we have been programmed to believe he does.
Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by donjazet(m): 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
The man said, women will just dump their babies and come back 9 months later lol say na cloth grin grin

On a more serious note, I shudder to think of this our world in 100 years time. The rate of technological advancements is just so rapid.

Just think of equipments that could visualize our dreams while sleeping or store our memories graphically.

We already have gene sequencing that enables one to edit a fetus DNA.

This world sha.

5 Likes

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by ikbnice(m): 9:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
This will only give rise to genetically modified babies. Maybe we would create humans with AI soon.

4 Likes

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by donjazet(m): 9:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
TMemos:
The so-called Biblical curse on Eve and her descendants finally destroyed.

The curse on the snake has since been destroyed because not all snakes are poisonous.

With the Eve curse about to be trashed, it has implications for the sin of Adam and the death of Christ.
Word. I just wonder how billions of people are brainwashed into believing supernatural beings. We should be curious about the unknown, not awed or worshipped.

3 Likes

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by Kendumazy(m): 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
Mheen!
Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by GreetMe(m): 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2019
traihit:

Must everything criticism always be African mentality? So it's now unsafe to have an opposing view of an idea? Mind you, the foreigners who you think fall head over heels for these technological development are also divided.

where did I state he shouldn't have his opinion? So no one should debate opinions again because u said so?

1 Like

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by nlPoster: 11:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
Brave new world?

Too many logistics though, in addition, the sperm and egg need to be from legally approved sources and with the full consent of the donors. Just saying in case anyone forgot or didn't know.
Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by ednut1(m): 2:26am On Nov 15, 2019
omoiyalayi:

how does toyota or Ferrari feel when you love-vendor their cars None of their business tho . God gave humans the brain

2 Likes

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by Badb0y4lyf(m): 5:59am On Nov 15, 2019
The whites will end the world
Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by Venerable612(m): 6:32am On Nov 15, 2019
donjazet:

Word. I just wonder how billions of people are brainwashed into believing supernatural beings. We should be curious about the unknown, not awed or worshipped.

Hmmm.

I don’t think Brainwashed is the proper word to use, at least not a blanket word for all people who accepted Faith.

Oxford Dic:
“pressurize (someone) into adopting radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible means.“

I was born into a Christian family. But at some point in my life, like many others, I questioned my faith. I had to have valid objective reasons, for my belief in Jesus Christ, and the Holy Trinity.

I found the answers. I received the gifts of the Holy Spirit, something special and that could only come from the supernatural. I continue to bear witness to these gifts in the lives of others.

So I think curiosity is good, but it can be bad when you are not objectively curious. Curiosity is about seeking knowledge - which means you must be open minded.

I will advise you keep an open mind in your curiosity as I did.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by Venerable612(m): 6:49am On Nov 15, 2019
AND AS FOR THE SUBJECT:

It’s already possible to EDIT the genes of a baby from different DNA compositions, so this baby tubes are not new.

You can decide the type of child you would have:
Tall
Dark
Intelligent etc.
They call them designer babies

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.economist.com/leaders/2019/11/09/a-new-type-of-genetic-profiling-promises-cleverer-better-looking-children

2 Likes

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by emmarocks: 7:31am On Nov 15, 2019
Mother and child bond won't be strong

1 Like

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by Kingluqman(m): 7:32am On Nov 15, 2019
Venerable612:
AND AS FOR THE SUBJECT:

It’s already possible to EDIT the genes of a baby from different DNA compositions, so this baby tubes are not new.

You can decide the type of child you would have:
Tall
Dark
Intelligent etc.
They call them designer babies

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.economist.com/leaders/2019/11/09/a-new-type-of-genetic-profiling-promises-cleverer-better-looking-children
I will just go for Fendi baby

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by GoldenJulius(m): 7:50am On Nov 15, 2019
Something wey don dey happen for spiritual realm tey tey undecided

1 Like

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by QFOComNg: 7:59am On Nov 15, 2019
Science is indeed doing everything for us
Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by kelvinkelvinkk(m): 8:34am On Nov 15, 2019
RubiesBanking:
Should we really be afraid the way were going or embrace this new tech and scientific discoveries making new grounds everyday.
What's your opinion concerning this matter? Do you think this Discovery of artificial birth would be of great help to us as Humans or were just creating a shorter path to our destruction.
so we would literally have individuals without mothers in the future? Okay.fd
Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by Coldie(m): 9:02am On Nov 15, 2019
Fantasy.

Human tech hasn't reached that level yet
Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by dipson4u08(m): 9:02am On Nov 15, 2019
RubiesBanking:

come to think of it....

girls will mean nothing to us...

i can just walk into an hospital and self-service my sperm to them

and get my child in 9months..... grin grin grin grin grin grin

i can now have as much girl friend as i wish...

welcome to our ERA....

BUT ON A SERIOUS NOTE: THIS DISCOVERY IS NOT TO HELP THE HUMAN RACE

BUT TO CREATE SOLDIERS AND TROOPS FOR THE COUNTRY DOING THE

RESEARCH, END TIME APPROACHING.......

IMAGINE CREATING A TROOP WITHOUT FAMILY AND LOVE ONES...

END TIME APPROACHING...

BEWARE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by seanwilliam(m): 10:02am On Nov 15, 2019
Wake me up when there's technology that adds to one age and makes one to decide when to die

4 Likes

Re: Artificial Wombs; The Coming Era Of Artificial Birth by durubrian(m): 10:12am On Nov 15, 2019
Science offers what religion couldn't. ALL HAIL SCIENCE!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Shocking Discoveries About Human Body Parts / Download "rich Dad,poor Dad " Ebook For Free Here / Professional Course For Statistics Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.