Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,446 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

FG Scholarship Without Beneficiaries, Nigerians Call For Transparency - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Scholarship Without Beneficiaries, Nigerians Call For Transparency (1165 Views)

Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) / 2019/2020 FG Scholarship For Nigerian Undergraduate, Msc And Phd To Study Overse / 2018 FG Scholarship Awards For Students In Nigerian Tertiary Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Scholarship Without Beneficiaries, Nigerians Call For Transparency by GERMANE1(m): 6:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
Last month, the Federal Ministry of Education through its scholarship board department, announced the opening of portal for the commencement of registration for the 2020/2021 Federal Government undergraduates and postgraduates scholarships.

Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu said the scholarship which is under the Ministry’s Bilateral Education Agreement is for undergraduate studies in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, and Macedonia.

Malam Adamu in a statement added that the postgraduate scholarships (Master’s degree and Ph.D) are for studies in China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea and Russia.

The Scholarship board also offers scholarships to undergraduates and postgraduates students at Nigeria Public tertiary institutions.

Nigerians are now challenging the process involved in selecting beneficiaries for the Federal Government scholarship scheme both at overseas and in the country.

The Ministry of education engage in massive publicity announcing the opening of its various scholarships, only to go into hibernation after candidates have applied and screened for the exercise.

The Ministry of Education will shortlist candidates for Aptitude test and interview as well as recent introduction of Computer Based Test (CBT); and the next information will come a year later announcing the commencement of the scholarship without publication of beneficiaries of the previous one.

The board recently updated its website, http://education.gov.ng/fsb/, listing hundreds of supposed beneficiaries of the scholarship scheme since 2009. Candidates have been complaining that they are for years put in the dark about their performances in the screening exercise.

What trust do Nigerians have in the Federal scholarship scheme? Many Nigerians have been complaining that they applied for the scholarship many times but got no information about how the process was concluded.

Due to the fact that it is the scholarship scheme of the federal government, fund will be budgeted for the exercise yearly. Two years ago, the National Assembly raised questions over the modalities adopted by the scholarship board as well as how fund released yearly to the board were expended. Unfortunately, the National Assembly is yet to make public its findings.

Many Nigerians have been expressing their frustrations on many social media platforms especially on Nairaland over the non transparent manner at which the scholarship board is handling the matter.

There are allegations that politicians, top civil servants and other influential Nigerians do hijacked the exercise to favour their cronies.

Why is the exercise shrouded in secrecy? Who are the beneficiaries of scholarships? Why did the scholarship board refused to publicise on yearly basis the successful applicants? How much is budgeted for the exercise yearly? These are some of the questions continuously asked by Nigerians.

The Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu must take steps to address the concerns of Nigerians relating to the scholarship board under his watch.

Malam Adamu must return confidence to the board by ensuring that its activities are conducted in the most transparent manners.

The Minister should set up fact finding team to the board to investigate the allegations against the scholarship board so that the objective for which it was established is not defeated.

Nigerians demand that the scholarship board should be more transparent in the processes leading to the selection of beneficiaries.

Do you have similar experience with the Federal Government Scholarship Board? Are you satisfied with the modalities adopted in selecting beneficiaries for the scholarships? Share your experience with Opera News.. #transparency #FGscholarships
http:///s52b335d6191114en_ng

1 Like

Re: FG Scholarship Without Beneficiaries, Nigerians Call For Transparency by STENON(f): 9:47pm On Nov 14, 2019
GERMANE1:
Last month, the Federal Ministry of Education through its scholarship board department, announced the opening of portal for the commencement of registration for the 2020/2021 Federal Government undergraduates and postgraduates scholarships.

Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu said the scholarship which is under the Ministry’s Bilateral Education Agreement is for undergraduate studies in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, and Macedonia.

Malam Adamu in a statement added that the postgraduate scholarships (Master’s degree and Ph.D) are for studies in China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea and Russia.

The Scholarship board also offers scholarships to undergraduates and postgraduates students at Nigeria Public tertiary institutions.

Nigerians are now challenging the process involved in selecting beneficiaries for the Federal Government scholarship scheme both at overseas and in the country.

The Ministry of education engage in massive publicity announcing the opening of its various scholarships, only to go into hibernation after candidates have applied and screened for the exercise.

The Ministry of Education will shortlist candidates for Aptitude test and interview as well as recent introduction of Computer Based Test (CBT); and the next information will come a year later announcing the commencement of the scholarship without publication of beneficiaries of the previous one.

The board recently updated its website, http://education.gov.ng/fsb/, listing hundreds of supposed beneficiaries of the scholarship scheme since 2009. Candidates have been complaining that they are for years put in the dark about their performances in the screening exercise.

What trust do Nigerians have in the Federal scholarship scheme? Many Nigerians have been complaining that they applied for the scholarship many times but got no information about how the process was concluded.

Due to the fact that it is the scholarship scheme of the federal government, fund will be budgeted for the exercise yearly. Two years ago, the National Assembly raised questions over the modalities adopted by the scholarship board as well as how fund released yearly to the board were expended. Unfortunately, the National Assembly is yet to make public its findings.

Many Nigerians have been expressing their frustrations on many social media platforms especially on Nairaland over the non transparent manner at which the scholarship board is handling the matter.

There are allegations that politicians, top civil servants and other influential Nigerians do hijacked the exercise to favour their cronies.

Why is the exercise shrouded in secrecy? Who are the beneficiaries of scholarships? Why did the scholarship board refused to publicise on yearly basis the successful applicants? How much is budgeted for the exercise yearly? These are some of the questions continuously asked by Nigerians.

The Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu must take steps to address the concerns of Nigerians relating to the scholarship board under his watch.

Malam Adamu must return confidence to the board by ensuring that its activities are conducted in the most transparent manners.

The Minister should set up fact finding team to the board to investigate the allegations against the scholarship board so that the objective for which it was established is not defeated.

Nigerians demand that the scholarship board should be more transparent in the processes leading to the selection of beneficiaries.

Do you have similar experience with the Federal Government Scholarship Board? Are you satisfied with the modalities adopted in selecting beneficiaries for the scholarships? Share your experience with Opera News.. #transparency #FGscholarships
http:///s52b335d6191114en_ng
I was shortlisted for the interview in 2013 but didn't get the scholarship after all the stress of writing exams and attending interviews. embarassed cry
Re: FG Scholarship Without Beneficiaries, Nigerians Call For Transparency by legendine(m): 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
STENON:
I was shortlisted for the interview in 2013 but didn't get the scholarship after all the stress of writing exams and attending interviews. embarassed cry

That one pain u?

I wrote the exam in 2017, which I was even teaching people telling them answers

Nobody was shortlisted in my sch that year

Which I never lose any scholarship exam in my life....
But FSB na scam
Re: FG Scholarship Without Beneficiaries, Nigerians Call For Transparency by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 18, 2019
legendine:

That one pain u?

I wrote the exam in 2017, which I was even teaching people telling them answers

Nobody was shortlisted in my sch that year

Which I never lose any scholarship exam in my life....
But FSB na scam
But pls can you write the exam in any centre or they will post you to where you will write? Tnks
Re: FG Scholarship Without Beneficiaries, Nigerians Call For Transparency by Rachael0108(f): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
Please who knows what Taidob college, Abeokuta interview looks like for teachers?
Re: FG Scholarship Without Beneficiaries, Nigerians Call For Transparency by Guest14(m): 8:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
FSB is scam
Re: FG Scholarship Without Beneficiaries, Nigerians Call For Transparency by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
I am not even interested in this year's.
Government controlled stuff dey always get k-leg
Re: FG Scholarship Without Beneficiaries, Nigerians Call For Transparency by PaulErungworo: 12:12am On Nov 20, 2019
It's very pathetic when applicants don't get to hear back from ministry of education after the CBT. I remebremembered vividly how I went and suffer in Asaba just for this scholarship. FG must re-organize the board for efficiency and accountability
Re: FG Scholarship Without Beneficiaries, Nigerians Call For Transparency by legendine(m): 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2019
pstmikol1:
But pls can you write the exam in any centre or they will post you to where you will write? Tnks

They would post u to where u filled in

(1) (Reply)

UNN Witchcraft Conference: A Catholic Priest Says Opening Prayer / Online Learning Portal - SS1 Chemistry Lesson Notes / Nigerian Man Bags Phd At 24

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.