Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,819 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg (43563 Views)

What I Bought From Market With 10k / See What Rice Traders Do To Bags Of Rice To Reduce Its Quantity (pics/video) / Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by BuhariCarryGo: 6:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
Santuscom Agro-Hub Investment Nigeria Limited, producer of Ogoja Rice, has said it will crash the prices of local brands as it begins harvest at its 1,000-hectare farm in Okpoma, Yala Local Government Area of Cross River State.
The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Santuscom, Chief Paul Santus, made this known while speaking with journalists on the farm’s effort to cushion the effect of rising prices of rice domestically as a result of the closure of the land borders.

Chief Santus said the Ogoja Rice brand would sell for N14,000 ahead of the Christmas and New Year celebrations.

Since the recent closure of land borders by the Federal Government, prices of the commodity have risen to as much as N18,000 to N22,000, depending on which market.

Explaining further, Chief Santus said, “We at Santuscom Agro-hub Investment Nigeria Limited, producers of the popular Ogoja Rice brand, are concerned with the skyrocketing prices of rice after the closure of land borders by the Federal Government.

“We want Nigerians to understand the action by the government, and notwithstanding, we want to assure Nigerians that as a company, we will do everything possible before the Christmas and New Year celebrations to crash the prevailing and the current market prices of rice as we will be selling at N14,000 per 50-kg bag of rice anytime from now.

“Everything is ready for us to commence serious production of high quality and stone-free Ogoja Rice that would be very affordable and accessible by consumers in any part of Nigeria.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/border-closure-ogoja-rice-to-hit-market-with-reduced-price.html?

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by BuhariCarryGo: 6:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
God bless Federal republic of Nigeria
But our problem lies with the middle men. They'll buy it cheap and sell at a higher prizes!

159 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by ursullalinda(f): 6:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
The earlier the better......Rice don turn to scarce commodity oh

6 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by netpro(m): 6:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
Nigeria on the beat.

More rice cultivation next year. Sebi una want rice. We shall see. Rice go full market next year.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
We go see first nau undecided abi na audio rice

I would like to see how it can cater for those in Lagos not to talk of Nigeria

No be so Lagos State shout lake rice Wey the lake rice

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by ayukdaboss(m): 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
We go see first nau undecided abi na audio rice

I would like to see how it can cater for those in Lagos not to talk of Nigeria

No be so Lagos State shout lake rice Wey the lake rice

I don't understand how some of you are always waiting to see how things in this country will fail. Then you still turn around and complain about the same country, there are a lot of indigenous rice farmers now both in small and large scale, this is just one of them and I didn't read anywhere these guys mentioned they will be supplying Lagos with rice for Christmas so please use your head when commenting next time.

188 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
ayukdaboss:

I don't understand how some of you are always waiting to see how things in this country will fail. Then you still turn around and complain about the same country, there are a lot of indigenous rice farmers now both in small and large scale, this is just one of them and I didn't read anywhere these guys mentioned they will be supplying Lagos with rice for Christmas so please use your head when commenting next time.
Once beaten twice shy

We are just being realistic

Before closing the border, Buhari was everywhere telling people that Nigeria has sufficient rice shocked shocked shocked

Rice dey sufficient, na him one woman dey smuggle one abi na two derica of rice

Don't deceive yourself, be realistic. Being realistic will brace you for whatever that's coming, so that you can have a proper plan for victory!!!

Don't just come online and deceive people!!!

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by ayukdaboss(m): 7:16pm On Nov 14, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Once beaten twice shy

We are just being realistic

Before closing the border, Buhari was everywhere telling people that Nigeria has sufficient rice shocked shocked shocked

Rice dey sufficient, na him one woman dey smuggle one abi na two derica of rice

Don't just come online and deceive people!!!

No one is deceiving anybody, there has definitely been an improvement in local rice production and it's a gradual process with the first and most important step being making sure local producers of rice are encouraged and what other better way can we get that done than making sure the careless inflow of foreign rice through our borders is put in check?

And for the Lady who smuggled 1 derica of rice through her breasts, that's solely her business, I'm surprised you could even raise that as a point lipsrsealed

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
ayukdaboss:

No one is deceiving anybody, there has definitely been an improvement in local rice production and it's a gradual process with the first and most important step being making sure local producers of rice are encouraged and what other better way can we get that done than making sure the careless inflow of foreign rice through our borders is put in check?

And for the Lady who smuggled 1 derica of rice through her breasts, that's solely her business, I'm surprised you could even raise that as a point lipsrsealed
Look, you can say all you want!!! Lack of transparency, Propaganda and deceit precedes this government!!!

The borders in the North is open!!!

Like I said time will tell if rice will be sold for that amount. Till then nothing you are saying will stick

No offence intended!

@ bolded, why will you be surprised In a country of plenty, why would she smuggle little

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by nzeobi(m): 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2019
Local rice without dust and stone sells for 14000. I must commend this govt and I urge them to do so in tomatoes

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by ayukdaboss(m): 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

Look, you can say all you want!!! Lack of transparency, Propaganda and deceit precedes this government!!!

The borders in the North is open!!!

Like I said time will tell if rice will e sold for that amount. Till then nothing you are saying will stick

No offence intended!

@ bolded, why will you be surprised In a country of plenty, why would she smuggle little
Oya you go and smuggle one derica of rice in your breasts to make a point grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by obidark: 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
BuhariCarryGo:
But our problem lies with the middle men. They'll buy it cheap and sell at a higher prizes!

i tell you....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Mariangeles(f): 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2019
netpro:
Nigeria on the beat.

More rice cultivation next year. Sebi una want rice. We shall see. Rice go full market next year.
Amen o!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Olayinka8793(m): 10:23am On Nov 15, 2019
Way to go.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by BafanaBafana: 10:24am On Nov 15, 2019
Kogi state also launched a state owned rice mill, while the Benue state governor launched his personal rice, there are rumors that he will force all civil servants to buy the rice and deduct it from their salary. Na only God fit punish Ortom

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by NaijaHeadlines: 10:24am On Nov 15, 2019
shocked
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Lordofthewest(m): 10:25am On Nov 15, 2019
That's what's up. I wish they extend the border closure till 2023. Meanwhile at Nigeria's border, smuggle in rice and die

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by ednut1(m): 10:26am On Nov 15, 2019
All smugglers should be shot dead

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by IvarTheBoneless: 10:26am On Nov 15, 2019
Audio rice grin

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by maxiflexy(m): 10:27am On Nov 15, 2019
grin
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by NORSYK(m): 10:28am On Nov 15, 2019
I hope it won't be like Ogoja garri because Ogoja garri is the worst garri anyone could think of

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by TriCee: 10:28am On Nov 15, 2019
Some opportunists we have in this country will still buy that rice, re-bag it(with foreign rice bag of course) ...and still get mind sell for 25k.. Chai

I hope this is stone free though, because with what I've eaten so far in the name of local rice, I'm considering beans and plantains for Christmas.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Generalwoodz(m): 10:29am On Nov 15, 2019
Santuscom ko santuscomando ni grin

Believe them at your peril
All na Audio

4 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:29am On Nov 15, 2019
Shey they are planting Rice in Cross Rivers ni, I think say them say na Oye full them land.
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by bimgo: 10:29am On Nov 15, 2019
Buhari please do not open NIGERIA BORDER. Make Nigeria great again.

7 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Kayouzka(m): 10:30am On Nov 15, 2019
BuhariCarryGo:

You are very right, take vegis for instance they will buy it from farmers like the farmers went to steal it and then sell at a very high price

6 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by RexTramadol1: 10:30am On Nov 15, 2019
Hope
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by marvin906(m): 10:30am On Nov 15, 2019
the negativity on this forum sometimes sha..
some people all they want to see is the failure of this country..
whether it gives them orgasm only God knows

14 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by jericco1(m): 10:30am On Nov 15, 2019
bought a measure of rice for 800 yesterday
Re: Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 15, 2019
As long as the rice is long grain, no wahala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Incredibly Cheap Groceries From Raobiis Stores / How To Bake A Cake Without An Oven / Catfish Pepper Soup (point & Kill)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.