Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? (1070 Views)

I Love This Car � Big Boys Deals, Buy & Drive With Confidence / Corolla And Camry Car Parts And Their Prices / Searched, Inspected, Serviced, Paid & Delivered To Oyo State / 2002 Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? by whiterat(m): 11:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
My 2002 Camry car (big daddy) is doing start and off.... except you throttled it ( as if the engine is low). I took the car to mechanic and he has worked and adjusted the accelerator pedal sensor or throttle sensor but the problem still continues.......what should I do pls? somebody with experience should help me on what to.
Re: My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? by safari0412(m): 11:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
whiterat:
My 2002 Camry car (big daddy) is doing start and off.... except you throttled it ( as if the engine is low). I took the car to mechanic and he has worked and adjusted the accelerator pedal sensor or throttle sensor but the problem still continues.......what should I do pls? somebody with experience should help me on what to.

Does it jerk and have you checked your fuel pump.

1 Like

Re: My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? by whiterat(m): 11:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
No it does not jerk and my mechanic has serviced the fuel pump
Re: My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? by ojmaroni247(m): 12:33am On Nov 15, 2019
I have used this car before, no need to adjust the accelerator. There are two likely causes ONLY. Did you takeout the battery head at any point in time If you removed the battery head, the steaming would be low but after u drive it for sometime (a day or two) it will come back to normal, this actually happens cause of the ECM(brainbox) was cut from power and needs to read the movement of the engine all over again, it's normal and not an issue at all. Second solution is for you to get carbon spray and service the fuel injection nozzles (flushing them), they block often.
whiterat:
No it does not jerk and my mechanic has serviced the fuel pump

1 Like

Re: My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? by tunax5loon(m): 2:43am On Nov 15, 2019
Check the air filter. My mechanic removed the hose and forgot to tighten it back. I spent 20mins starting the engine but it won't stay unless i press the throttle.
Re: My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? by oshosegun27(m): 4:52am On Nov 15, 2019
I experienced this same issue with a friend's ES300. I had to put paper somewhere on the throttle pedal so it could idle.

ojmaroni247:
I have used this car before, no need to adjust the accelerator. There are two likely causes ONLY. Did you takeout the battery head at any point in time If you removed the battery head, the steaming would be low but after u drive it for sometime (a day or two) it will come back to normal, this actually happens cause of the ECM(brainbox) was cut from power and needs to read the movement of the engine all over again, it's normal and not an issue at all. Second solution is for you to get carbon spray and service the fuel injection nozzles (flushing them), they block often.
Re: My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:21am On Nov 15, 2019
whiterat:

https://www.nairaland.com/5497866/how-insert-signature-profile

Do this then click my signature
Re: My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? by whiterat(m): 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2019
ojmaroni247:

Thanks for your advice..............I remember my battery head was loose that very day the whole thing started and I tight it back ......maybe that is the causes.
Re: My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? by ojmaroni247(m): 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
That's definitely the cause, drive it for two days and the engine will steam properly, if u drive it and it dosent get back in two days use carbon spray and flush the nozzles that's all. Don't adjust your pedal accelerator ever, cause it's sensor not manual, not meant to be adjusted.
whiterat:

Thanks for your advice..............I remember my battery head was loose that very day the whole thing started and I tight it back ......maybe that is the causes.
Re: My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? by ojmaroni247(m): 10:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
No need of paper and all that, it's sensor accelerator pedal not meant to be adjusted.
oshosegun27:
I experienced this same issue with a friend's ES300. I had to put paper somewhere on the throttle pedal so it could idle.

Re: My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? by Grupo(m): 11:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
ojmaroni247:
No need of paper and all that, it's sensor accelerator pedal not meant to be adjusted.

I want to buy a 2004/2005 tokunbo. Would you advise me to do so? Or just get corolla of the same year?

1 Like

Re: My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? by ojmaroni247(m): 8:03am On Nov 16, 2019
For fuel economy get a Corolla for space u can get the Camry BUT, the 2004 Camry is different from the 2005 Camry. What distinguishes them is the gearBOX, the 2004 Camry comes with a 10pin gear box which cost 100k to replace while the 2005 Camry comes with a 13pin gearbox(not repairable)which cost abt 250k. The Corolla gear box is abt 100k too, in drive I prefer the 2005 Camry and fuel consumption is very close to the Corolla, for durability and fuel efficiency the Corolla beats all, service parts like the brake pads are all closely related in price,with the Corolla abit more pricey. Resale value the Corolla beats all too. But if u love space and abit more fun drive you can go for the 2005 Camry
Grupo:

I want to buy a 2004/2005 tokunbo. Would you advise me to do so? Or just get corolla of the same year?
Re: My 2002 Camry Car (big Daddy) Is Doing Start And Off....what Should I Do Pls? by Grupo(m): 8:44am On Nov 16, 2019
ojmaroni247:
For fuel economy get a Corolla for space u can get the Camry BUT, the 2004 Camry is different from the 2005 Camry. What distinguishes them is the gearBOX, the 2004 Camry comes with a 10pin gear box which cost 100k to replace while the 2005 Camry comes with a 13pin gearbox(not repairable)which cost abt 250k. The Corolla gear box is abt 100k too, in drive I prefer the 2005 Camry and fuel consumption is very close to the Corolla, for durability and fuel efficiency the Corolla beats all, service parts like the brake pads are all closely related in price,with the Corolla abit more pricey. Resale value the Corolla beats all too. But if u love space and abit more fun drive you can go for the 2005 Camry

Wow. Thanks for responding. That was very detailed.

One last question. How much does the engine of the two cars cost?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Benz E 240 Is Going For 850k / 2013 Toyota Venza Registered For Sale Full Option / Extremely Clean Toyota Venza 2011 Model Fully Loaded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.