Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan (8242 Views)

Will Gene Drive For Malaria Control Be Accepted, Supported In Nigeria, Africa? / Buhari Congratulates Funmi Adewara For Winning World Bank SDGs Award / United States To Spend $9.6m On Malaria Control In Sokoto - Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by AkwalaIke1: 8:04am On Nov 15, 2019
[s]
helinues:
So each states will get $19m.

And this people think N72m is enough for one governor to swallow?
[/s]
Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by realmindz: 8:14am On Nov 15, 2019
helinues:
So each states will get $19m.

And this people think N72m is enough for one governor to swallow?

that's about 7 billion naira
Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by thundafire: 8:32am On Nov 15, 2019
GuestLog:
I don't understand!

$250m (N90,250,000,000)- N90b to tackle malaria scorge!!! What is the money actually used for really? Are they trying to clean up all the gutters in 13 states or spray insecticides in all the cities? Are they for malaria research or vaccines? This Government is just squeezing money with any available excuse it can grasp like a drowning man grasping straw to survive.

I don't understand.
Las Las we'll still have mosquitoes in Nigeria and the government will still use this "scorge" to scam foreign institutions.

This is what they do every year. If Bill Gates is not donating this year, it's World Bank, China, USA or some NGO. But this time, it is loan

Foolish & failed Nigerian recycled leadership since 1985.
watch as dey will buy only mosquito nets finish money disappears
Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by panpan(m): 8:44am On Nov 15, 2019
touchmenot:
... World Bank is enabling corruption as they do not put any control measure in place to ensure money is used for what it is intended for. No mention of the specific activities $250m will be used for. ...
The World Bank's primary purpose is to give loans with compound interest.

Whether the borrower uses the loan for its intended purpose, is that country or state's business.
Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by larj(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2019
grin
Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by sykeng(m): 9:38am On Nov 15, 2019
yusman14:
please are you a microbiologist?? if yes, I want to ask this
I am suffering from malaria but my room is mosquito free,I am also neat and ok..
I av been using malaria drugs for the past 8months
hospital sef Don tire me...can stress be causing the malaria??do we have anything like stress induced malaria??

please I need other replies..God bless you sir... please save a soul

Stress can not cause malaria but can weaken your immune system, thereby making you more susceptible. Have you gone for test to know if its truly malaria? If yes, then Doctors know what to do, p.falciparum have high resistance to drugs presently. There is 97%-100% prevalent rate in Nigeria, no matter how clean your environment is, it will only make you less vulnerable. Humans move around and there is mosquito everywhere, you can't be confined in an area.
Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 15, 2019
yusman14:
I am suffering from malaria but my room is mosquito free,I am also neat and ok..
hospital sef Don tire me...can stress be causing the malaria??do we have anything like stress induced malaria??

Ah you sure say those hospital hediots no dey mistake typhoid one one other disease(that I hope is not deadly) for malaria. But do you have puddles in your area.
Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 15, 2019
The day these people will come back for the loans. China and World Bank them, they will just vex and seize Nigeria and sell it to the highest bidder.
Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by echelons(m): 10:31am On Nov 15, 2019
yusman14:

I'm not a microbiologist or a doctor, but I know for sure that stress weakens the body defensive mechanism and this makes us more prone to illnesses.

You might have to visit the Doc and go for test to know for sure what you're treating.

Don't rely on Nairaland advice for health related issues.
Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by Wisefellow(m): 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2019
Unfortunately, our leaders continue to borrow for wrong reasons, knowing fully well the money will end up been mismanaged and embezzled amongst themselves.

Nigerians should please wake up and call these leaders or looters to order.

I know for certain, nemesis would catch up with everyone involved in setting our country backward in poverty.
Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by Abass07(m): 7:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
Oloriburuku lawon leaders wa
Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by yusman14(m): 7:30pm On Nov 17, 2019
sykeng:

Stress can not cause malaria but can weaken your immune system, thereby making you more susceptible. Have you gone for test to know if its truly malaria? If yes, then Doctors know what to do, p.falciparum have high resistance to drugs presently. There is 97%-100% prevalent rate in Nigeria, no matter how clean your environment is, it will only make you less vulnerable. Humans move around and there is mosquito everywhere, you can't be confined in an area.
Thanks. I have gone for a test it was malaria negative
but anytime I am sick,the symptoms are just like that of malaria...I do stress myself alot...that is y I asked that can stress cause malaria
Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by yusman14(m): 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ausrichie:

Ah you sure say those hospital hediots no dey mistake typhoid one one other disease(that I hope is not deadly) for malaria. But do you have puddles in your area.
it was not hospital it was my school health center...The test result was malaria negative but the symptoms are that of malaria ..I am confused
and anytime I use malaria drugs I am always back to myself. .. malaria drugs is working but the result is malaria negative
Re: Malaria Control: 13 States To Benefit From $250 Million World Bank Loan by yusman14(m): 7:37pm On Nov 17, 2019
echelons:

I'm not a microbiologist or a doctor, but I know for sure that stress weakens the body defensive mechanism and this makes us more prone to illnesses.

You might have to visit the Doc and go for test to know for sure what you're treating.

Don't rely on Nairaland advice for health related issues.
I have gone for a test..It was malaria negative. but the symptoms are dat of malaria...
The doctor prescribed some drugs for me but they are not working.. anytime I use malaria drugs I am always reliefed and back to myself and I am not suffering from malaria
I am confused...this days my urine is always colored and I do experience bitter taste

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya Bello Increases Doctors' Hazard Allowance By 100% / Help:dark Itchy Spots Multiplying On My Daughters Leg! / “Wearing Tight Shape Wear Can Cause Blood Clots & Death” – Health Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.