Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

Timeline Of Evans’ The Alleged Billionaire Kidnapper - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Timeline Of Evans’ The Alleged Billionaire Kidnapper (459 Views)

MURIC Complains About Delay In Trial Of Evans, Wadume & Others / Court Plays Video Of Evans' Confession To Kidnapping / Court Declares Arrest Of Evans’ Brother-In-Law Invalid, Awards N2m Against Polic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Timeline Of Evans’ The Alleged Billionaire Kidnapper by Success100: 10:12am On Nov 15, 2019
Chukwudidumeme Onuamadike, which is also known as Evans. He is a native of Nnewi, Anambra State.

Evans is also considered as one of the richest criminals in the kidnapping 'business' in Nigeria.

He had undergone trial on 52 charges. He is facing separate charges from Judges which include: conspiracy, kidnap and murder from three judges and his case has not been concluded since August 30, 2017, when he was first charged to court.

Below is a timeline of when the alleged kidnapper was arrested and how the case has been in court for almost 2 years.

June 10, 2017: Evans was arrested by the policemen in his home in Magodo, Lagos. It was reported that he had packed his luggage, ready to fly to South Africa, the next day. He was arrested along with six members of his gang which are Nwosu Chukwuma, aka Sudo, 42; Suoyo Paul aka Nwana, 42; Felix Chinemerem, 36; Chukwuemeka Bosah, 28; Uchechukwu Amadi and Ogechi Amadi.

June 11, 2017: Evans explained why he became a kidnapper after he was paraded at the Lagos Police Command Headquarters, Ikeja Lagos. He said, “I was into auto spare parts importation but lost all my money, over N25 million, when customs seized my goods. From there, I relocated to South Africa, where I started peddling drugs. But along the line, my business partner shot me and passed me off as dead. I recuperated, returned to Nigeria and decided to start kidnapping rich men for ransom.”

June 12, 2017: Evans started naming bigwigs in kidnapping in the police custody and the high profile accomplices.

June 13, 2017: An ex-militant from Bayelsa, Suoyo Paul, 42 said Evans paid him N3 million to supply guns. He said he met Evans in 2008 when he was in the camp as a militant.

June 14, 2017: The infamous billionaire kidnapper, Evans, entered a guilty plea to kidnap charges. This was because his lawyer said police told him to plead guilty that failure to do so he would be killed.

See more here: http:///s5b7131d3191115en_ng

Re: Timeline Of Evans’ The Alleged Billionaire Kidnapper by beresponsible(m): 10:23am On Nov 15, 2019
Which kind yeye timeline be this?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

84-years-old Man Commits Suicide In Enugu State / When Police Was Truly Your Friend / Navy Hands Over Vessel, 9 Suspects To EFCC For Illegal Oil Bunkering (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.