Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,263 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme (16067 Views)

LASU Students Chased SARS Officials Pretending To Be EFCC / 1 Year Top Up Degree Programme, OND/HND/ICAN,ACCA and Others / LASU Students Call Out Other Corrupt Lecturers Following Sack Of ASUU Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by cjfavour(m): 8:28am On Nov 16, 2019
Kanade21:

Yes I do.

Our budget for this year is $22 billion dollars. Canada spent $70billion dollars on primary education alone last year.

One reason why I am making this point is that over the years, I have heard Nigerians expect us to have Canada and US level of facilites on school fees that are less than $300 per annum. That's not possible

So, if you want our universites to look good...you either increase fees, or beg IMF for a loan of $70billion dollars per annum.

P.S If we are not careful, the private universtes , which charge sky high fees, will surpass the public universtes in the next ten years. And when that happens, it would be the rich kids who have an advantage in the job market.

Bros, where will they sink the amount you're mentioning? Building infrastructure? Buying lecturing materials? Research works? Paying lecturers? How will these huge amount impact on the students?

We like copying western world but we'll never copy them completely. You want govt to sink huge amount of money in education but in which areas? Are you not aware that there is huge corruption going on in these schools? The little given to them they divert to their private use and you want govt to give them more without mentioning areas the funds are needed. Pls I'm not against giving more funds to schools but where and where will they spend the money? That's my question. Go to these schools and see how they spend the little given to them. To build a block of classroom costs billions in these schools. Are you not aware of that?
Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 16, 2019
cjfavour:

Bros, where will they sink the amount you're mentioning? Building infrastructure? Buying lecturing materials? Research works? Paying lecturers? How will these huge amount impact on the students?

We like copying western world but we'll never copy them completely. You want govt to sink huge amount of money in education but in which areas? Are you not aware that there is huge corruption going on in these schools? The little given to them they divert to their private use and you want govt to give them more without mentioning areas the funds are needed. Pls I'm not against giving more funds to schools but where and where will they spend the money? That's my question. Go to these schools and see how they spend the little given to them. To build a block of classroom costs billions in these schools. Are you not aware of that?

1.So, we should leave our universites in bad condtion because...corruption. Okay...

2.Join a party, or form one and kick the corurpt out of office. Don't wait for a 'revolution'.
Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by stormborn28(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2019
Kanade21:

No, universites are just being honest.

According to the ASUU-FG agreement of 2009...universites need at least 1.5 trillion naira in annual funding at least.

Our education budget is less than 500billion naira. Universites don't get much from that.

Plus 150000 is less than $500.

You cannot be expecting Canada and US level of education and facilites on just $500. Unless you people want to be taking hefty loans.

How many average Nigerians earn 150k plus? let's start with that 1st

Lasu is for children of low income earners.how them wan take get 150k....they sha wan frustrate and choke youths from getting education.smh...no wonder majority of the youths are illiterates and the wan wey read sef, if he no get person behind im back,na frustrate he go take frustrate or resort to crime
Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 16, 2019
stormborn28:

How many average Nigerians earn 150k plus? let's start with that 1st

Lasu is for children of low income earners.how them wan take get 150k....they sha wan frustrate and choke youths from getting education.smh...no wonder majority of the youths are illiterates and the wan wey read sef, if he no get person behind im back,na frustrate he go take frustrate or resort to crime

Then stop expecting Nigerian universites to be as good facility wise as American or Canadian universites.

We are getting what we are paying for.

If you like, you can vote in a government that would provide free education, but that comes at the cost of high taxes.
Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by stormborn28(m): 8:41am On Nov 16, 2019
Kanade21:

Then stop expecting Nigerian universites to be as good facility wise as American or Canadian universites.

We are getting what we are paying for.

If you like, you can vote in a government that would provide free education, but that comes at the cost of high taxes.

you are just ranting... what an average politician steals is enough to better the lots of Nigeria education... Clean the system and watch things work.. Don't direct the incompetence of government to the masses
Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by Mshad662(m): 8:44am On Nov 16, 2019
Who is that Nama that is talking about Education budget up and down. We are talking about what the masses can afford you are talking sh!t about budget. Nonsense
Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2019
stormborn28:
you are just ranting... what an average politician steals is enough to better the lots of Nigeria education... Clean the system and watch things work.. Don't direct the incompetence of government to the masses

This is where I tell you to go into poltics, and make things better.

But for the time I have been on Niaraland, most of you guys who are bashing me, the minute I call out GEJ or Buhari, you people would promptly bash me for that...and you expect corruption to go...

But I digress.

We should get our money back from the looters. The problem is, it isn't just on education, university educaiton that we need to spend that money. We need to rejig our economy and make it more attractive to foreign investment, so that we can in addition have a high tax base to fund free education.

The problem is, part of the solution involves removing subsides. And since you guys don't want removal of subsides...which could save money that could be channeled into education....our education remains poor.

Nigeria is not as rich as Canada or the US....and the stealing from our leaders past and present makes it worse. Plus, mot people aren't ready to have the corrupt leaders prosecuted either.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by stormborn28(m): 8:54am On Nov 16, 2019
Kanade21:

This is where I tell you to go into poltics, and make things better.

But for the time I have been on Niaraland, most of you guys who are bashing me, the minute I call out GEJ or Buhari, you people would promptly bash me for that...and you expect corruption to go...

But I digress.

We should get our money back from the looters. The problem is, it isn't just on education, university educaiton that we need to spend that money. We need to rejig our economy and make it more attractive to foreign investment, so that we can in addition have a high tax base to fund free education.

The problem is, part of the solution involves removing subsides. And since you guys don't want removal of subsides...which could save money that could be channeled into education....our education remains poor.

Nigeria is not as rich as Canada or the US....and the stealing from our leaders past and present makes it worse. Plus, mot people aren't ready to have the corrupt leaders prosecuted either.
When did I absorbed GEJ and Buhari from the political situations in Nigeria... I'm not a fan of all these useless politicians oooo... So, always verify the Monicas that attack you when you criticize government... For example I'm in support of border closure even though I don't like the government in power... Most neighbouring countries were actually reaping us off
Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by Marcsunny(m): 8:58am On Nov 16, 2019
How to get affordable quality Europe pant trousers in NigeriaEurope brands for male and are Top designer in wholesale and retail purchase.Any colour for pants kindly dm. By clicking my profile to get my whatapps contact Customers outside lagos will pay a token for delivery.
Please don’t message if you not ready for immediate order.

1 Like

Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by sammyj: 9:11am On Nov 16, 2019
Food for thought, but please note that if we continue to increase our fees without the government intervention or subsidies education kindly note that the so called public universities will turn up to become schools for the rich while the poor gets no tertiary education which will lead to dooms day for the country
Kanade21:

Yes I do.

Our budget for this year is $22 billion dollars. Canada spent $70billion dollars on primary education alone last year.

One reason why I am making this point is that over the years, I have heard Nigerians expect us to have Canada and US level of facilites on school fees that are less than $300 per annum. That's not possible

So, if you want our universites to look good...you either increase fees, or beg IMF for a loan of $70billion dollars per annum.

P.S If we are not careful, the private universtes , which charge sky high fees, will surpass the public universtes in the next ten years. And when that happens, it would be the rich kids who have an advantage in the job market.
Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by Funkybabee(f): 10:42am On Nov 16, 2019
chaiii Nigeria. a new course introduced for extortion of student..

we have started this in NOUN for the past three semesters and there no big fund attached to it so why all these. yeye

1 Like

Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by ugofulfilled(m): 11:51am On Nov 16, 2019
Osinachi1:
Extortion abi,

Unizik just got it school fees increased from 65k to 100k for new intakes

Make your business known to thousands through Social Media marketing. See my siggy

What! And to think I even sat for the DE exam and scored slightly above average. God knows why he either delayed or refused the admission. Either ways I will wait for 2020/2021 session.
Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by gudugudumeje: 12:31pm On Nov 16, 2019
LASU is either ignorant of what really create jobs.Or it is out to defraud.. It shd learn from Stanford University, California,. USA and stop defrauding us. Intercalated programmes in enterprise development are common ground the world over; not stream 2...
Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by Legendguru: 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
Ye
Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by EddyRex: 7:40am On Nov 17, 2019
Lol is outrageous nah. Just like Unizik dat their acceptance and ICT fee is approximately 55k and skul fee is abt 135k 4 freshers.
Re: LASU Students To Pay N150,000 For "Second Stream" Degree Programme by tokzyfeller: 10:30am On Jun 15, 2020
For your project assistance/guide, u can call/whatsapp on dis number 08109766437

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra, Enugu, Lagos Produce Best Pupils In NECO Common Entrance Exam / Ex-OOU VC, Tunji Oyeneye Dies At 67, With Remains Buried Yesterday. / Riot In University of Uyo: Can Any One Confirm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.