Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? (1887 Views)

See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries / The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2019
Please i need to ask and important question here.

If someone is given an appointment with the federal/state government,it would be written on his/her appointment letter something like this: ''salary grade level conpcass 01 step 1 which is N1,200,000 ''

This means that the person's salary will be N100,000 per month.

Please does it mean that the person will collect N100,000 per month

or will there be other allowances so that the monthly take home would be more than N100,000?

Please i need urgent answers if you know
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
As in what i am asking is that:

On the offer of appointment letter,

is it the gross salary(consisting of basic salary and allowances etc)that is written

or is it only the basic salary that is written?

I want to know so that i can decide on a job offer(ie if to accept or reject a job offer)
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Poorboy: 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
It's Gross pay without deductions.... Some is just basic salary..... What is the salary and salary structure written then you know.
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2019
Poorboy:
It's Gross pay without deductions.... Some is just basic salary..... What is the salary and salary structure written then you know.
They did not write whether it is gross or basic.
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by oluwoleife: 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2019
Most government appointment letters state only the basic per annum.
The allowances come when salary is being paid and when you get your payslip.
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Poorboy: 7:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
handsomebeauty8:

They did not write whether it is gross or basic.
I saw what is the salary structure. And amount on it
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 15, 2019
Poorboy:
I saw what is the salary structure. And amount on it

N840,017 per annum.

That is about N70,000 per month
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Poorboy: 8:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
handsomebeauty8:

N840,017 per annum.

That is about N70,000 per month
after deductions you will earn about 60+k monthly
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 15, 2019
Poorboy:

So they will still reduce it instead of adding something.

No wahala sha
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Poorboy: 9:03pm On Nov 15, 2019
handsomebeauty8:

So they will still reduce it instead of adding something.

No wahala sha
they will deduct pension and nhis plus tax..
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Shady92(m): 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
They might add something. Like me my basic is 93+ bt my take home is 96+. Allowances can shoot to more than 100+ depending on the agency
Poorboy:
they will deduct pension and nhis plus tax..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Poorboy: 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2019
Shady92:
They might add something. Like me my basic is 93+ bt my take home is 96+. Allowances can shoot to more than 100+ depending on the agency
your basic is 93+ hmmmmm take home is 96+..... That's the first time of hearing that my basic 63+ take home 102+....
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2019
Shady92:
Let me wait and see what they will pay.
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2019
Some people are lucky
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2019
Poorboy:
You are right.
Yesterday i received an alert and they reduced 4k from the money,making it 66k.
Instead of adding,they are subtracting.
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Poorboy: 4:37am On Nov 30, 2019
handsomebeauty8:

You are right.
Yesterday i received an alert and they reduced 4k from the money,making it 66k.
Instead of adding,they are subtracting.
I work with the Federal Government so that's how it is, the deductions is for tax, pensions etc
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Shady92(m): 3:09pm On Dec 25, 2019
My basic is 93+ and I hv peculiar allowance of 18+. So with deduction my take home is 96+
Poorboy:
your basic is 93+ hmmmmm take home is 96+..... That's the first time of hearing that my basic 63+ take home 102+....
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by opil123456789(m): 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2021
Poorboy:
I work with the Federal Government so that's how it is, the deductions is for tax, pensions etc

I need to ask you something about federal government job
Re: Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? by Poorboy: 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
opil123456789:

I need to ask you something about federal government job
noted

(1) (Reply)

After Third Class, Im confused. please advice me / In A Democratic Society, Government Is Not Responsible For Job Creation? / Importance Of Computer Literacy In The Modern World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.