Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,799 members, 7,837,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever (6523 Views)

Anyone Going From Lagos To Calabar Tomorrow I Need A Travel Buddy / Where Some Lagosians Hang Their Clothes To Dry After Washing (PHOTOS) / I Just Caught This Idiot (Hedgehog) On My Way Home (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by Sundaypaul12345: 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
this 1 is strong
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 11:37pm On Nov 15, 2019
midnighter:

Talking to yourself (and replying) is not even a sign of madness. Lots of people do that and its just a funny habit and not mad.

They mostly do it to go over their ideas with themselves out loud.

You know ideas sound different when they are inside your head compared to when they are spoken out

You work in a psychiatric hospital?.. You seem very close to the behavioural attitude of mad folks. Is there something you ain't telling that's BTW u and Op or what am I missing
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
greatbrian:

You work in a psychiatric hospital?.. You seem very close to the behavioural attitude of mad folks. Is there something you ain't telling that's BTW u and Op or what am I missing

Hahaha

I am so interested in him like seriously... I am 50% sure he is just some guy sitting in his office somewhere, pulling our legs cheesy

Anyway if you read any front Page topic you will see some real mad people in the first 20 comments
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 11:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
midnighter:

Hahaha

I am so interested in him like seriously... I am 50% sure he is just some guy sitting in his office somewhere, pulling our legs cheesy

Anyway if you read any front Page topic you will see some real mad people in the first 20 comments

Seriously you are on point with the first 20 comments. I will be waiting for the day you will size up with the first 20 comments
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2019
midnighter:

Hahaha

I'd say a joke taking to far. But the guy will make a good writer. I admire his madding skills
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 11:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
greatbrian:

I'd say a joke taking to far. But the guy will make a good writer. I admire his madding skills

I think he really does feel some of these things and he is trying to release some psycho-sexual tension by pouring everything out on an anonymous platform.

But he is mixing truth with fiction/jokes to relieve himself, so it looks like he is not serious when he is actually expressing some of the things on his mind.

greatbrian:
Seriously you are on point with the first 20 comments. I will be waiting for the day you will size up with the first 20 comments

Lol I no fit ooo cheesy Those people are truly a bunch of mental disasters
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
midnighter:

I think he really does feel some of these things and he is trying to release some psycho-sexual tension by pouring everything out on an anonymous platform.

But he is mixing truth with fiction/jokes to relieve himself, so it looks like he is not serious when he is actually expressing some of the things on his mind.

Lol I no fit ooo cheesy Those people are truly a bunch of mental disasters

Seriously I just checked your moniker and I released am been on with a female. Well I guess not all ladies selling point z their ass and bra. Coz I feel u r kinda intelligent a bit (I might be wrong). Are u a psychologist or smfin similar coz I feel your assertions about him might be right

But trust Nairaland in this Buhari regime we only look at the bright side and funny side of life
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 11:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
greatbrian:
Seriously I just checked your moniker and I released am been on with a female. Well I guess not all ladies selling point z their ass and bra. Coz I feel u r kinda intelligent a bit (I might be wrong). Are u a psychologist or smfin similar coz I feel your assertions about him might be right

But trust Nairaland in this Buhari regime we only look at the bright side and funny side of life

Lol is it our selling point or you people's buying point? cheesy

Thanks, no I am not a psychologist but I read a lot. I will be interested to see what he writes next time

Yes its good that we take things on a light-hearted note but some of our joking no be here
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 11:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
midnighter:

You might not be far from the truth though.
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 11:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
midnighter:

Lol is it our selling point or you people's buying point? cheesy

Thanks, no I am not a psychologist but I read a lot. I will be interested to see what he writes next time

Yes its good that we take things on a light-hearted note but some of our joking no be here

Ohhh. Selling point or buying point I guess there z a stereotype that comes with been a lady and most of the female folks ain't helping matters.

You read interesting. I love reading too you care to share some books you've read. And the ones u like best
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 12:10am On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:

Ohhh. Selling point or buying point I guess there z a stereotype that comes with been a lady and most of the female folks ain't helping matters.

You read interesting. I love reading too you care to share some books you've read. And the ones u like best

Its a stereotype but its fuelled by guys who keep the demand for such things high

Hmm! What a question. Well at the moment I am reading "The Man who Mistook his Wife for a Hat" by Oliver Sacks. Its about the case studies of people who had different brain disorders...the author is a neurologist

Then "David and Goliath" by Malcolm Gladwell, about different situations where people overcame obstacles and hardship

I read "The Fishermen" by Chogizie Obioma a few months ago...it was captivating and also had a mentally ill character full of funny revelations like OP cheesy

And "Adjustment Day" by Chuck Palahniuk about a fictional revolution caused by an excess of young men in the world... the "youth bulge" . Though I didnt finish that one, it was still pretty interesting
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 12:14am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Its a stereotype but its fuelled by guys who keep the demand for such things high

Hmm! What a question. Well at the moment I am reading "The Man who Mistook his Wife for a Hat" by Oliver Sacks. Its about the case studies of people who had different brain disorders...the author is a neurologist

Then "David and Goliath" by Malcolm Gladwell, about different situations where people overcame obstacles and hardship

I read "The Fishermen" by Chogizie Obioma a few months ago...it was captivating and also had a mentally ill character full of funny revelations like OP cheesy

And "Adjustment Day" by Chuck Palahniuk about a fictional revolution caused by an excess of young men in the world... the "youth bulge" . Though I didnt finish that one, it was still pretty interesting

Y u so interested in mad men novels. Hmmm. And for the records hv read two of those books. The man who mistook his wife for a hat. And Adjustment Day.
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 12:15am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

I came across the fishermen but I must confess I just passed when I saw a Nigerian author
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 12:20am On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:
Y u so interested in mad men novels. Hmmm. And for the records hv read two of those books. The man who mistook his wife for a hat. And Adjustment Day.
Really? What did you think?

I didnt know there was going to be a madman in The Fishermen lol. But I do get interested in things concerning the brain

greatbrian:
I came across the fishermen but I must confess I just passed when I saw a Nigerian author

Hahaha cheesy Why! Thats terrible, the man is a very talented writer

There is also "A General Theory of Oblivion" by Jose Eduardo Agualusa about the Angolan war of independence. A stunning piece of writing
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 12:24am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

I didnt know there was going to be a madman in The Fishermen lol. But I do get interested in things concerning the brain

There is also "A General Theory of Oblivion" by Jose Eduardo Agualusa about the Angolan war of independence. A stunning piece of writing

Hv read that and I think I still have the hardcopy I stole from a library. I also read why we struck by adewale ademoyega, and many more books about African civil war etc.

Presently am enjoying my command by Olusegun obasanjo.

Talking about David and Goliath by galdwell. I think the book isnjust focused on a lopsided conflicts – where the underdog battles through and wins against the odds. But in real life, we often mis-read the odds. The book z good etc. But I feel its not practicable
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 12:27am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

I feel the book A General theory of oblivion is vague. Jose Eduardo is a Portuguese woman she can't tell the story like its from the horse mouth. Have read many books about the Nigerian civil war. But the major one I love and found useful most was by adewale ademoyega one of the coup plotters
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 12:32am On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:
Hv read that and I think I still have the hardcopy I stole from a library. I also read why we struck by adewale ademoyega, and many more books about African civil war etc.

Presently am enjoying my command by Olusegun obasanjo.

Talking about David and Goliath by galdwell. I think the book isnjust focused on a lopsided conflicts – where the underdog battles through and wins against the odds. But in real life, we often mis-read the odds. The book z good etc. But I feel its not practicable

I really enjoyed that book...it was kind of sad though how that woman just ended up wasting away for so many years. Recently I have been avoiding those topics but that book brought it back to life for me

Is it his autobiography? I have only read Bill clintons AB but i dont really trust the writing of all those people. At times I feel they are somewhat insincere

I think David and Goliath is just trying to get us to see the bigger picture and not limit ourselves. Not that we should be illogical and careless with our lives but that we should consider taking a risk if its for our betterment.
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 12:35am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

I really enjoyed that book...it was kind of sad though how that woman just ended up wasting away for so many years. Recently I have been avoiding those topics but that book brought it back to life for me

Is it his autobiography? I have only read Bill clintons AB but i dont really trust the writing of all those people. At times I feel they are somewhat insincere

I think David and Goliath is just trying to get us to see the bigger picture and not limit ourselves. Not that we should be illogical and careless with our lives but that we should consider taking a risk if its for our betterment.

You are wise. I really need to get to bed headache already and judging by your moniker, NO SLEeP for you. Catch you some other days
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 12:39am On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:
I feel the book A General theory of oblivion is vague. Jose Eduardo is a Portuguese woman she can't tell the story like its from the horse mouth. Have read many books about the Nigerian civil war. But the major one I love and found useful most was by adewale ademoyega one of the coup plotters

What was vague about it? He really captured the chaotic nature of turbulent African countries in his storytelling

He is actually Angolan of Portuguese heritage. He was a teenager at the time of the war of independence

I had a lot of those kind of books at home but didnt read all of them...I guess youve read There was a Country and Sunset in Biafra?
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 12:39am On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:
You are wise. I really need to get to bed headache already and judging by your moniker, NO SLEeP for you. Catch you some other days

Lol and you too..good night
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 12:42am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

What was vague about it? He really captured the chaotic nature of turbulent African countries in his storytelling

He is actually Angolan of Portuguese heritage. He was a teenager at the time of the war of independence

I had a lot of those kind of books at home but didnt read all of them...I guess youve read The was a Country and Sunset in Biafra?

HaVe read there was a country. Seriously I will tell you to find WHY WE STRUCK. D copy I had I stole from a library in osun state and another copy I bought was pirated all thanks to our Igbo brothers. (I know u r 1). But you should read the boom it was a direct account of it from one of the perpetrator.
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 12:43am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

I had a lot of those kind of books at home but didnt read all of them...I guess youve read There was a Country and Sunset in Biafra?

Sunset in Biafra was by Elechi Amadi right? I didnt get to read it. All of them were speculating since I saw the full account why we struck I let go of all stories of the civil war. Right now am on my command by OBJ and the book has been worth my time. I started yesterday Ceteris paribus I should finish today
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by Lonelypacifist6: 8:45am On Nov 16, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
Want to run away from the responsibility that comes with sanity by embracing insanity?
Logic 102

1 Like

Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 10:59am On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:

HaVe read there was a country. Seriously I will tell you to find WHY WE STRUCK. D copy I had I stole from a library in osun state and another copy I bought was pirated all thanks to our Igbo brothers. (I know u r 1). But you should read the boom it was a direct account of it from one of the perpetrator.
Lol why do you keep stealing from the library? Its not fair now

Okay, I will look for it.
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:

Sunset in Biafra was by Elechi Amadi right? I didnt get to read it. All of them were speculating since I saw the full account why we struck I let go of all stories of the civil war. Right now am on my command by OBJ and the book has been worth my time. I started yesterday Ceteris paribus I should finish today

Yes by Elechi Amadi. It was an interesting book...it had been lying around my house for years and I one day I decided to read it
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:
Lol why do you keep stealing from the library? Its not fair now

Okay, I will look for it.

Gaskia that z the only way I can get my part from the dividends of democracy. And again z not as if they have use for the book so I help them maintain it inside my own library
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 11:04am On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:

Gaskia that z the only way I can get my part from the dividends of democracy. And again z not as if they have use for the book so I help them maintain it inside my own library

Thats the exact reason the colonialists give for refusing to return our Benin bronzes and masks worth billions of naira, hope you know that??
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 11:04am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Yes by Elechi Amadi. It was an interesting book...it had been lying around my house for years and I one day I decided to read it

Whose point of view did he write from
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 11:07am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

Thats the exact reason the colonialists give for refusing to return our Benin bronzes and masks worth billions of naira, hope you know that??

Take me to school charming. So are you saying am thinking the colonial masters way.... And that means some days.... Well lemme stop hallucinating before folks here take me for OP
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 11:09am On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:

Whose point of view did he write from

He was a captain for the Nigerian army so he told from it Nigerias perspective

I dont know why my dad even kept the book in the house since he hated the guy
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by greatbrian(m): 11:14am On Nov 16, 2019
midnighter:

He was a captain for the Nigerian army so he told from it Nigerias perspective

I dont know why my dad even kept the book in the house since he hated the guy

Wow..... I guess I came across his name in the MY COMMAND by olusegun obasanjo during the liberation of orlu or so. Meanwhile your dad doesn't like me coz he fought for the federal force or what?... and by the way you should consider a career in been a curator.
Re: I Just Burned All My Clothes, Tomorrow I Will Become Mad Forever by midnighter(f): 11:21am On Nov 16, 2019
greatbrian:

Wow..... I guess I came across his name in the MY COMMAND by olusegun obasanjo during the liberation of orlu or so. Meanwhile your dad doesn't like me coz he fought for the federal force or what?... and by the way you should consider a career in been a curator.

Yeah he said he was a traitor. I was curious as to why so I decided to read it

Thanks... it would be nice but the problem with curator, librarian, agents and jobs like that is that they are less stable than science-related jobs. Once they cut your funding, you are finished

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Someone's Underwear Was Showing, Would You Tell Him/her? / The Dirty Things Abuja Big Babes Do For Money / Nigerian Staff Of SEEPCO On Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.