Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Open Letter To The Vice Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open Letter To The Vice Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (734 Views)

Nairalander, Gavel, Bags Phd In Law From Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka / Pictures Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka / Exam Sitting Arrangement In Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To The Vice Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka by Peoplesadvocate: 6:40am On Nov 16, 2019
*OPEN LETTER TO THE VICE CHANCELLOR, NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA*

*RUMOURED INCREASE OF SCHOOL FEES*

*THE NEED TO AVOID STUDENTS UNREST IN UNIZIK*

Dearest Vice Chancellor, I trust God that you are in good health.

Sir, this letter is a follow-up to several open letters that I have written to you over the welfare of Zikites as it pertains to increments of different fees.

Sir, Nnamdi Azikiwe University will be sitting on the keg of a gun powder, if the feelers currently circulating online that the fees payable by old students and freshers has been hiked is true.

Sir, under your predecessor *Prof. Joseph Ahaneku* students were made to make the following payments.
Matriculation #5,000
Acceptance fee #24,000
Tuition fees for freshers #64,000
Old Students #20,100

Today, the news making round online is that Zikites under your watch now have to make the following payments,
Matriculation #10,000
Acceptance fee #47,000
Tuition fees, freshers #100,000
Old Students #50,600.*

Our beloved institution have experienced an atmosphere of tranquility unlike what is obtainable in other institutions across the nation.

The recent increase in cost of tuition if true is reckless unjustifiable and insensitive to the plight of the students especially at this difficult moment when Nigerians are facing difficult financial challenges occasioned by unfavorable policies by the Government of the day.

The school fees increment means that the children of the poor can no longer attend school as they cannot afford the fees based on the socioeconomic status of their
parents and guardians.

Sir, may I draw your attention to an excerpt from a Facebook post made in reaction to the alleged increment by one Pretty sandra, *''Even if the school fees is 500k, I go pay, I will just hustle for a month, Las Las na my Toto go suffer am''* the above quote means that the increment is an open door for Prostitution for those whose parents and guardians cannot afford the alleged hike of school fees.

*Sir, there were students who were unable to write exam because of the #20,100 school fees, imagine what will happen if the new fees as purported is true.*

Sir, I believe that as a man of God, that God brought you to ameliorate the hardship and suffering of Zikites, but alas Zikites are about facing a *''Rehoboam reign''* where the students are been wiped with scorpions.

Sir, It is imperative that you rise to the occasion and address this issue as it has tendency of generating unrest and protest among the students.

Why Zikites await your response, we shall continue to treat the news as a rumour.

*God Save UNIZIK*
*God bless Anambra State*
*God help Nigeria*

Yours Sincerely,

*Amb. Timothy Nwachukwu (De Peoples Advocate)*
*Faculty of Law, Nnamdi Azikiwe University.*
*President, Youth Advocates For Peace Justice And Empowerment Network (YAPJEN)*

*Endorsed by Comrade Nwori Arinze A. 08139162746*

*Comrde Izuchukwu Chikeluba 08139259045*

*For Concerned Zikites*

Re: Open Letter To The Vice Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka by Guzel: 6:58am On Nov 16, 2019
My dear comrade, i acknowledge that times are bad however 50k is not too much for a returning student. The cost of education is very high in nigeria especially with increasing demands from lectuers. With the new ippis scheme coming in place from this month, universities wont have free money to run the universities again hence the increment.
Any serious student even from the poorest of the poor can save up 50k yearly for his fees. Unizik community is so large that any legitimate biz can thrieve.
Comrade encourage your students to get skills and earn smalk cash.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Vice Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 16, 2019
Please pay your school fees....50k is not much for old student.
Standard must be set to achieve quality Education.

Meanwhile in all your post na only this one caught my attention

*God Save UNIZIK* *God bless Anambra State* *God help Nigeria*

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Vice Chancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka by cingelai(f): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2019
Unizik Students wouldn't have complained about the N50,000 increment. However, They are complaining because, the usual 3months long vacation which students usually use to hustle to pay their school fees and house rents were scraped. Unizik academic calendar which usually runs from November to July, then Long vacation is from that July to November. However, the new academic calendar is now from January to December, no break or whatsoever. So, my question now is; where and how do he expect them to pay for the school fees and house rents which is usually 120,000 and above per room?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Presonus Studio One Pro 4.6.1 Serial Key / School-reopening-fg-presents-proposed-guidelines-to-nass/ / Private Schools Reject FG’s Decision, Get Set To Participate In WASSCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.