Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE (643 Views)

Queen Aanu Introduces New Man To Her Family / Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down / African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE by equity1(m): 9:01am On Nov 16, 2019
Veteran actor, Pete Edochie isn’t happy at the way Africans are adopting the doctrines and culture of the whites, thereby neglecting our own tradition and culture.

The celebrated actor seriously whitewashed African men who kneel down to propose to their wives to be, all in the name of love. He said by so doing, you’re giving the woman power over you, thereby making her the head of the marriage.

In his words;

“Kneeling to propose to a woman is white people’s culture because women dominate there and have more right than men, it is not the African man’s ways”

He went on to remind us that, in the traditional setting, it is a woman who kneels to give drink to a man to show her loyalty, humility and total submission to the man and that’s the way it should be.

“I didn’t kneel to propose to my wife and we’ve stayed 50years in our marriage, I took my time to woo her, when it’s time to settle down, I asked if she’ll marry me and that was it”, he said.

He went on to give account of how the Whites came to Africa pretending to be archeologists but little did we know they came to destroy our culture and trade us.

Source: yabaleftonline.com[sub][/sub]
Re: It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE by Smalldick123(m): 9:02am On Nov 16, 2019
SECONDED
Re: It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE by equity1(m): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2019
equity1:
Veteran actor, Pete Edochie isn’t happy at the way Africans are adopting the doctrines and culture of the whites, thereby neglecting our own tradition and culture.

The celebrated actor seriously whitewashed African men who kneel down to propose to their wives to be, all in the name of love. He said by so doing, you’re giving the woman power over you, thereby making her the head of the marriage.

In his words;

“Kneeling to propose to a woman is white people’s culture because women dominate there and have more right than men, it is not the African man’s ways”

He went on to remind us that, in the traditional setting, it is a woman who kneels to give drink to a man to show her loyalty, humility and total submission to the man and that’s the way it should be.

“I didn’t kneel to propose to my wife and we’ve stayed 50years in our marriage, I took my time to woo her, when it’s time to settle down, I asked if she’ll marry me and that was it”, he said.

He went on to give account of how the Whites came to Africa pretending to be archeologists but little did we know they came to destroy our culture and trade us.

Source: yabaleftonline.com[sub][/sub]

Nairalanders, what is you opinion on this. Do you agree with him?
Re: It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE by equity1(m): 9:07am On Nov 16, 2019
Nairalanders, what is your opinion on this.
Do you agree with him?
Re: It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE by Abfinest007(m): 9:14am On Nov 16, 2019
every mallah with his own kettle .he is married don't let him deceive you though he is right to some extend
Re: It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 16, 2019
Abfinest007:
every mallah with his own kettle .he is married don't let him deceive you though he is right to some extend
He is not right to some extent, he is completely right.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE by Abfinest007(m): 11:24am On Nov 16, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

I use to think same way but kneeling down will not make u not to be a man again beside some things done in the sake of love.it means u respect her
Re: It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE by Ejike07: 11:39am On Nov 16, 2019
Abfinest007:

op is 1000% right
Re: It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE by siduofmandesid(m): 11:50am On Nov 16, 2019
you are a culture man. Is a taboo
Re: It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE by festacman(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
cool
Re: It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE by equity1(m): 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
GeniusWannabe:

what is the reason for kneeling down ? I think he is right. Must we copy everything?
Re: It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE by equity1(m): 4:49pm On Nov 16, 2019
Moderator front page please let hear opinion of others.
Re: It Is Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down And Propose To His Lover. PETE EDOCHIE by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
Yessooo its not and never a must to kneel down ....but any man who is driven to kneel down by emotions have not done anything wrong...

So he that kneeleth to propose doeth well and he that kneeleth not doeth better

(1) (Reply)

Supreme Court Removes Prominent Oyo Monarch, Eleruwa Of Eruwa In Oke-ogun, Oyo / Igbo Traditional Engagement: Marriage Price List For Grooms / I Love Yoruba, Dark And Exotically Beautiful. Stylish!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.