Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,465 members, 7,954,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:07 AM

How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time (575 Views)

FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? / Ambode Solving Lagos Traffic Problems With Common Sense (PHOTOS) / 14 Funny Lagos Traffic And Auto Slangs With Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by CotenantNIG: 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2019
Lagos is the most populated state and equally the smallest state in Nigeria. You are sure to find all the tribes of nigeria in Lagos.

Lagos is a port and the most populous city in Nigeria. It is the second fastest-growing city in Africa and the seventh in the world. The population of Lagos according to the Lagos State Government, was 17.5 million. These figures are however disputed by the Nigerian Government and judged unreliable by the National Population Commission of Nigeria. The latest reports estimate the population at 21 million, making Lagos the largest city in Africa.

Lagos is a metropolitan area which originated on islands separated by creeks, such as Lagos Island, fringing the southwest mouth of Lagos Lagoon while protected from the Atlantic Ocean by long sand spits such as Bar Beach, which stretch up to 100 kilometers (62 miles) east and west of the mouth. From the beginning, Lagos has expanded on the mainland west of the lagoon and the conurbation, including Ikeja (which is the capital of Lagos) and Agege, now reaches more than 40 kilometers (25 miles) north-west of Lagos Island. Some suburbs include Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry, and more local councils have recently been created, bringing the total number of local governments in Lagos to 57.

Lets get started

Leave Home by 4:30-5:00am: i remember going to the Canadian embassy around 4am, believe me i saw people going to work around 4 in Lagos. the funny things is you would find buses around this time going to your work location or private cars. be careful when entering public transport by this time of the day, it can be very dangerous.

Fly Bike: There is a reason why many people are starting bike business in Lagos, Traffic and time. the cost of taking a bike from Egbeda to Ikeja Along is ₦250 for rush hour that's from 7:00AM. The cost of taking opay bikes from egbeda to Allen is ₦900, if you have the money fly bike

Take One way: This one you are own your own, except you have money to bribe police and lastma you are good to go. i have entered buses that take one way from ikeja along direct to egbeda.

Take BRT: BRT Buses have special lanes for them to drive on especially when there is traffic.

Use a Map App: There are many apps that can help you around Lagos traffic example is Google Map or halitraffik.com. Other options are Traffic radio stations or social media handles like @Giditraffic on twitter.

Live close to your work place: Find a place to live near where you work thou some are expensive places you could find shared apartments on our website Co-Tenant

Leave Work Early: Don stay at your office for unnecessary Chats or impromptu meetings, always find ways to escape from impromptu meetings.

Sit at a bar: You could always sit at a bar close to your work place till the traffic gets down just know you would be entering your house very late

Remain Jobless

Remember to share and Like

Add Yours

https://cotenant.ng/2019/11/16/how-to-avoid-lagos-traffic-and-get-home-or-to-work-on-time/

lalasticlala
Re: How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by CotenantNIG: 1:37pm On Nov 16, 2019
yh
Re: How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by CotenantNIG: 1:37pm On Nov 16, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by CotenantNIG: 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by budaatum: 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
CotenantNIG:

Leave Home by 4:30-5:00am: i remember going to the Canadian embassy around 4am, believe me i saw people going to work around 4 in Lagos. the funny things is you would find buses around this time going to your work location or private cars. be careful when entering public transport by this time of the day, it can be very dangerous.
One hour be at work and get two hour sleep in the car park grin

Pity is, for the gain going home, you got to leave at 7pm after all the traffic has died down angry
Re: How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by Johnjanrt: 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
Commuters go continue part of sleep for road be that.
Re: How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by CotenantNIG: 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2019
budaatum:

One hour be at work and get two hour sleep in the car park grin

Pity is, for the gain going home, you got to leave at 7pm after all the traffic has died down angry

i really pity lagos workers honestly

its not easy at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by CotenantNIG: 2:02pm On Nov 16, 2019
Johnjanrt:
Commuters go continue part of sleep for road be that.

lol

lalasticlala
Re: How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by CotenantNIG: 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by Olalekank(m): 5:30pm On Nov 16, 2019
Lagos Tiredness Syndrome

2 Likes

Re: How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by CotenantNIG: 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2019
Olalekank:
Me, I have remained jobless o

I am a fresh graduate, but I had to reject 2 jobs on the island. I'm not happy I did that but then, my sanity is more important than the money and stress biko

Lol this is very loud
Lalasticlala
Re: How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by naijadrivablog: 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
grin

I sometimes board motorcycle from Mile 2 to Volkswagen @ N500 peak periods. I can comman kee myself for that bad Mile 2- Iyana-Iba road.
Driving may be counterproductive.

The "one way" tip is a "no-no". If LASTMA catch you, that place you de rush to go, you go reach there LAST.
Re: How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by adekzy: 10:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
Be self employe..
Re: How To Avoid Lagos Traffic And Get Home Or To Work On Time by CotenantNIG: 10:27pm On Nov 16, 2019
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

How To Survive Encounters With Dangerous Animals / Will Be Moving Yo DUBAI Soon / Life In Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.