Stats: 3,162,304 members, 7,850,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:05 PM

Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie (1077 Views)

Davido Kneels Down To Propose To Chioma (Photos + Video) / Don Jazzy Kneeling To Beg Rihanna To Marry Him (Edited Photo) / Josephine Edochie: Pete Edochie's Wife And Yul Edochie's Mother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie by Pmtvng: 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
Nollywood veteran actor, Pete Edochie has condemned the African men kneeling down to ask a woman to marry them while proposing, Praizenews report.

He said ;
It is not our lifestyle.

Kneeling before a girl in Igbo tradition means handing over authority to her, she becomes the head of the family.

Marriage in Igbo tradition is when a lady gives her husband to be wine while kneeling down.

What does that signify? That the man has accepted as the husband of the lady.

It is a lady who kneels before the husband, not vice versa

So it is our duty to correct the children of this generation.

I have lived with my wife for 50 years
https://mobile.twitter.com/LailaIjeoma/status/1195688890465734656

However according to Pete Edochie, kneeling to propose to a Lady is totally wrong because it means you are transferring authority to the woman and she becomes the head of the family. He emphasized that the woman is the one that is required to kneel while giving her husband wine at the wedding not vice versa.

From Praizenews ; http://www.praizenews.com/kneeling-to-propose-to-a-lady-is-totally-wrong-pete-edochie/

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie by Pmtvng: 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
grin ghenghen
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie by Jasen1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
He is very very right

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie by festacman(m): 3:59pm On Nov 16, 2019
Kneeling down to ask a lady to marry you has never been and will never be part of Igbo culture. It is as culturally alien as it is 'Igbotically' illogical.

Ichie Pete Edochie, I kowtow in deep respect in echoing your guidance.

However, it is important to state that how any young man chooses to fool around with his sweetheart in his private space is completely his exclusive right.
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie by Mystiquefia: 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2019
We die here... old, single, ugly, pained nairaland ladies who convulse at the sight of liberation talks will soon Start raining abuses on Pete edochie..
We will soon start seeing things like Real men kneel down to propose to their women.
Good guys accept to pay the bills without asking too many questions.
Matured and responsible men don't beat their women not even when they are being slapped, kicked, dragged and embarrassed in public.
You can't be man enough and not open the door for your wife.

Worse still, they claim to be feminists in other threads.
Good guys, matured men, responsible men, Real Men are the worst manipulative terms Women, Men and the society use to make men bend their principles and only dumb Men fall for it.

Selective Gender Roles ordained by God are being reversed because we are civilizing, meanwhile Responsibilities remain unturned. WorseStill, dumb pussy worshippers not sensing there is an attempt to permanently Relief Men of their Masculinity and power dance in support of these changes. You hate African culture because it gives too much authority and Superiority to the Man yet you Embrace the western culture that gives POWER to the woman. What kind of Civilization strips and robs one gender of their divine rights and responsibilities and wears it on another?? They term these gesures "ROMANTIC" to twist and rubbish rational thoughts and minds but I call it babaric and idiotic.

To this generation a woman kneeling for her hubby to serve him food is slavery and but it's not slavery to propose to a woman, on ones knees, it becomes romantic. Double standards!!!!

A woman can't be seen opening the door for the hubby because it is slavery but it is romantic for the man to do it. Double standards!!!

Polygamy is frowned at and is slavery to women, traditional marriage is achaic. meanwhile court marriages strip men of their powers to discipline their wives dicisively even on occasions of Promiscuity unless through divorce which she benefits the most from. Yet this is the most accepted form of marriage today.

Before African men go get sense we done turn bobrisky finish while the Women go dey claim MR King Tonto dike
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie by Chubhie: 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
That's the Igbo tradition for you. Some tradition demands that an erotic moves be performed on the groom by the sister inlaw and once the groom expels his akamu in the consuming tension, everything is called off.

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie by TheGiftedOne(m): 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2019
Igbo Kwenu!

Kwenu !!

Kwezienu!!!

Our copycat generations have abandoned their root for westernization, reason we have unions that doesn't last the shelf life of agege bread.
Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2019
With all due respect this is a shallow way of reasoning. Leave who wan kneel to propose with what he said he is an egoist, myopic man who might have treated his wife like a slave. Being married for 50 years does not translate to a happy or successful marriage undecided
Old man stuck in 1853.He should leave millenials alone and stop disturbing us on what is cultural or not. The last time I checked everything evolves including culture which is very dynamic.

Leave modern people like us to live in our time cool
Some Africans are so good at using that word culture whenever it suits their backward way of thinking and wanting to oppress women.
I am waiting to hear an African say that it was in their culture that Science, Technological inventions emanated from.They won't say this but are more fixated on how people choose to live their personal lives

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie by pocohantas(f): 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2019
No problem at all, I am not even a fan of proposals...

Don't kneel to propose.

Sha, BOW and give me better head.

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie by SURElee(f): 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2019
Thank you, marry your marry let others marry their own marry according as they choose and deem fit. Whatever rocks your boat as long as they are happy in their marriage.

Is it the 10secs kneeling to propose that the lady might be shocked, carried away and not hear anything aside being eager to say "yes, yes and yes" that stops the guy from being a man in his home?

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie by SURElee(f): 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
With all due respect this is a shallow way of reasoning. Leave who wan kneel to propose with what he said he is an egoist, myopic man who might have treated his wife like a slave. Being married for 50 years does not translate to a happy or successful marriage undecided
Old man stuck in 1853.He should leave millenials alone and stop disturbing us on what is cultural or not. The last time I checked everything evolves including culture which is very dynamic.

Leave modern people like us to live in our time cool
Some Africans are so good at using that word culture whenever it suits their backward way of thinking and wanting to oppress women.
I am waiting to hear an African say that it was in their culture that Science, Technological inventions emanated from.They won't say this but are more fixated on how people choose to live their personal lives

God bless you. Na culture we Wan chop? How does the culture ever put food on the table sef. 50yrs, I don hear. Make he keep him opinion to himself. Na their type their wife no dey fit talk because she be woman.

Re: Kneeling To Propose To A Lady Is Totally Wrong - Pete Edochie by Twoclans(f): 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2019
pocohantas:
No problem at all, I am not even a fan of proposals...

Don't kneel to propose.

Sha, BOW and give me better head.

Loud it girlie

Davido’s Brother, Adewale Adeleke To Drop His Debut Single Featuring B-red / Behold The Popular Queer Couple Precious And Myles. - Pictures / Wow!!! See What Actress Lala Akindoju Said About Khafi And Gedoni