Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Good Channels Disappearing: Isn't Gotv Now Better Than Dstv?! - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Good Channels Disappearing: Isn't Gotv Now Better Than Dstv?! (1290 Views)

Which Affordable TV Decoder Can I Buy That Offers Good Channels? / IPTV Better Than DSTV,TSTV Any Other Services Out There. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Channels Disappearing: Isn't Gotv Now Better Than Dstv?! by babawella: 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2019
Hi everyone, I noticed DStv has reshuffled the channels under family bouquet. My favourite channels and the only reason I am still using DStv (Bloomberg TV & CNBC Africa) were removed some days ago, and all movies, sports, and News channels follow suit this morning, even when my subscription is not expiring until early next month. I called the company customer service this afternoon only to be told that I should upgrade to compact plus as (Bloomberg TV & CNBC Africa) have been moved up, but couldn't tell me the reason behind the remaining channels that are vanishing too. So house I just want to confirm whether am the only one experiencing this disruption or it's general. And if it is general, isn't it now a better option to go for Gotv of 2/4k instead of DStv 4/7k with less valuable channels. And won't it be better for Multichoice to kuku scrap Access, Family, and Compact bouquet, so we are left with premium package (DStv) and economy package (Gotv). Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Good Channels Disappearing: Isn't Gotv Now Better Than Dstv?! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
This is what has been on my mind since last week.

Here's my story...

I use Startimes (HD Combo decoder) but with antenna. I intended buying their dish as I hear it has more channels. I was contemplating whether to buy their dish or to port to DStv (as Startimes is fond of repeating stuffs). But with your story I'm in a fix now. If DStv is removing channels from their lower subscriptions, what's the guarantee that it won't be removed from the compact plus in the next few years? The price may not be a problem but the fluctuations (increasing it every now and then).

Cc:
Lalasticlala
twinstaiye
Re: Good Channels Disappearing: Isn't Gotv Now Better Than Dstv?! by showafrica(m): 6:48am On Nov 18, 2019
Dstv is exploiting Nigerians and nobody is checking them.

1 Like

Re: Good Channels Disappearing: Isn't Gotv Now Better Than Dstv?! by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 18, 2019
showafrica:
Dstv is exploiting Nigerians and nobody is checking them.
I will agree to this, but dem sha get quality contents right?
Re: Good Channels Disappearing: Isn't Gotv Now Better Than Dstv?! by AlphaStyles(m): 10:35am On Nov 19, 2019
babawella:
Hi everyone, I noticed DStv has reshuffled the channels under family bouquet. My favourite channels and the only reason I am still using DStv (Bloomberg TV & CNBC Africa) were removed some days ago, and all movies, sports, and News channels follow suit this morning, even when my subscription is not expiring until early next month. I called the company customer service this afternoon only to be told that I should upgrade to compact plus as (Bloomberg TV & CNBC Africa) have been moved up, but couldn't tell me the reason behind the remaining channels that are vanishing too. So house I just want to confirm whether am the only one experiencing this disruption or it's general. And if it is general, isn't it now a better option to go for Gotv of 2/4k instead of DStv 4/7k with less valuable channels. And won't it be better for Multichoice to kuku scrap Access, Family, and Compact bouquet, so we are left with premium package (DStv) and economy package (Gotv). Thanks.
you ain't the only one I too was surprised they couldn't even pick one they just removed both and I love those channels because of the important information I get from them in terms of business

(1) (Reply)

VSAT Internet Bandwidth From N6,500 Monthly. / Is This Possible With FTA? / Starsat X7 Extreme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.