Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI (42458 Views)

More Factories, Businesses May Shut Down As Diesel Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre / Border Closure: Rice Smugglers Divert To Pineapples / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by madridsta007(m): 10:38pm On Nov 16, 2019
Area4Area:
Give us the actual growth rate in the first and second quarters, not projected growth

You are having the growth rate of 2017 and you still state it is projected?
Are you living in 2016? grin grin grin grin undecided
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by stealmatic(m): 10:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
wristbangle:
I was brainwashed into thinking that Alomo bitter is the best aphrodisiac for sexual rendezvous not knowing our local jedi-jedi performs more magic, even at very lower price when compared to Alomo. Go to Oyigbo market, just N100 collection will make u agile and last very long wink

Whatever ghana thinks they have and it's superior to our products, ours at reduced cost beat it hands down.

Am waiting for Buhari to amend 2020 budget and include building giant walls at our borders, lock the gates and throw the keys into Pacific Ocean. Time for big brother is over. When are we cutting gas supply to them sef? They are owing us big time.

Clarion call to Nigerians schooling in Ghana to evacuate the country. We have covenant, Bowen and other pleasant private universities here whose standard is more commendable. The other day I visited convenant, I even thought am in Harvard university with display of Pretty girls, serene environment, 24hours light, good ventilation lecture room, good food, etc.

Waiting for those Ghanian monikers to say thrash as usual.

Abeg if Una need pre-wedding, wedding, birthday and other shoots, check my signature/profile and holla me

God bless u is al i can say,ghana showin muscle to nigeria,dat 4 hectre of land wit no natural resources beatin der chest lik our broda frm d yeast,infact der whole economy wil crumbl
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Area4Area: 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2019
madridsta007:

You are having the growth rate of 2017 and you still state it is projected?
Are you living in 2016? grin grin grin grin undecided
What was actual growth rate for the first and second quarters in 2019?
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Area4Area: 10:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
stealmatic:
God bless u is al i can say,ghana showin muscle to nigeria,dat 4 hectre of land wit no natural resources beatin der chest lik our broda frm d yeast,infact der whole economy wil crumbl
Funny enough, it wasn't Ghana that the closure was directed at, tell me what happens if Nigeria decides to face them squarely?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by madridsta007(m): 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
Area4Area:
What was actual growth rate for the first and second quarters in 2019?

Ghana's economy grew by 6.7% in Q1 of 2019. Ghana's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for the first quarter of 2019 grew by 6.7% compared to 5.4% recorded for the first quarter of 2018

Nigeria's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) grew by 2.01%(year-on-year), in real terms, in the first quarter of 2019. Compared to the first quarter of 2018, which recorded real GDP growth rate of 1.89%, the Q1 2019 growth rate represented an increase of 0.12% points.

From Ghana and Nigeria Stats boards respectively. Note that Nigeria's population growth rate far exceeds most countries in Africa, including Ghana.
For Q2 do your own research.

My point: the mockery is just plain silly. I am sure you know this- like many others here. But Nigerians have a way of distracting themselves from their real issues, using things like comedy and mockery. So continue.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Itzstarboi(m): 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2019
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Chelseafan99: 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Area4Area: 10:51pm On Nov 16, 2019
madridsta007:

Ghana's economy grew by 6.7% in Q1 of 2019. Ghana's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for the first quarter of 2019 grew by 6.7% compared to 5.4% recorded for the first quarter of 2018

Nigeria's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) grew by 2.01%(year-on-year), in real terms, in the first quarter of 2019. Compared to the first quarter of 2018, which recorded real GDP growth rate of 1.89%, the Q1 2019 growth rate represented an increase of 0.12% points.

From Ghana and Nigeria Stats boards respectively. Note that Nigeria's population growth rate far exceeds most countries in Africa, including Ghana.
For Q2 do your own research.

My point: the mockery is just plain silly. I am sure you know this- like many others here. But Nigerians have a way of distracting themselves from their real issues, using things like comedy and mockery. So continue.
If you were being sarcastic then I apologize for misunderstanding you, cheers

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by RTSC: 10:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
pocohantas:

You have spoken well. Nigerians get too carried away easily. Beginning to look like a dick measuring contest.
Ghanaians made it a dick contest when they decided to take us on in an exercise that did not target them in the first place.

We were expecting Benin Republic and Niger republic to complain,not far away Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
24kmagic:
Almost all the people above me are rejoicing over this news, and I wonder why?

Na Ghana problem Una want use take console Una selves? Face your own problems abeg.

The only asset Nigeria has in the eyes of the international community is her population, which ironically is a big liability to us.

You guys are indirectly rejoicing over our own problems, cos I doubt if Ghana will be so keen on doing business with 9ja if not for our population, again, something that is a liability to us.

I don't care what happens in Ghana, I care what happens here.

The border has been closed for some few weeks now and it didn't in any way bettered the life of the common man on the street.
I'm not for or against the boarder closure, I'm just after what will benefit ordinary Nigerian.

We as a country are useless, hopeless and absolutely backward.
.... You are the one that is........... USELESS , HOPELESS and ABSOLUTELY BACKWARD NYASH ! ..... NOT NIGERIANS. Yeye dey smell !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by stealmatic(m): 10:58pm On Nov 16, 2019
Area4Area:
Funny enough, it wasn't Ghana that the closure was directed at, tell me what happens if Nigeria decides to face them squarely?
fertality,my proa wit dem is dat dey dnt knw der mate,f nt 4 our usless leaders dat r raping d economy we wil be comparin wit south africa nd lots

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by gowaga68: 10:59pm On Nov 16, 2019
I'm waiting for them to come and start telling us how gutter will handle Nigerians over there.

mrsage:
Those our brothers in Ghana will learn how to respect elders...

We will sort them out eventually. We are not that heartless.
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by kutashi: 11:08pm On Nov 16, 2019
24kmagic:

Na Ghana problem Una want use take console Una selves? Face your own problems abeg.

The only asset Nigeria has in the eyes of the international community is her population, which ironically is a big liability to us.

You guys are indirectly rejoicing over our own problems, cos I doubt if Ghana will be so keen on doing business with 9ja if not for our population, again, something that is a liability to us.

The border has been closed for some few weeks now and it didn't in any way bettered the life of the common man on the street.
I'm not for or against the boarder closure, I'm just after what will benefit ordinary Nigerian.

Oga! You attended which school? It's not only population but ready market which translates to consumer with cash to spend! I don't know how African country you have visited (at least I can count 20) but in the whole of Africa, the is no country that have crazy consumer like Nigeria. What's the population of US, UAE, Qatar & KSA, all those countries added together are not equal to China or India (and may be 100m people above 9ja) but all industrialised world are rushing those places because of richness of their consumer!

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by adenigga(m): 11:10pm On Nov 16, 2019
wristbangle:
I was brainwashed into thinking that Alomo bitter is the best aphrodisiac for sexual rendezvous not knowing our local jedi-jedi performs more magic, even at very lower price when compared to Alomo. Go to Oyigbo market, just N100 collection will make u agile and last very long wink

Whatever ghana thinks they have and it's superior to our products, ours at reduced cost beat it hands down.

Am waiting for Buhari to amend 2020 budget and include building giant walls at our borders, lock the gates and throw the keys into Pacific Ocean. Time for big brother is over. When are we cutting gas supply to them sef? They are owing us big time.

Clarion call to Nigerians schooling in Ghana to evacuate the country. We have covenant, Bowen and other pleasant private universities here whose standard is more commendable. The other day I visited convenant, I even thought am in Harvard university with display of Pretty girls, serene environment, 24hours light, good ventilation lecture room, good food, etc.

Abeg if Una need pre-wedding, wedding, birthday and other shoots, check my signature/profile and holla me

You're too much!

God bless you!!!!
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 16, 2019
wristbangle:

Is it just Jedi alone or you do it in combination with other stuffs
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by gowaga68: 11:20pm On Nov 16, 2019
You can lie for the world.
Are you as more knowledgable as your minister?

Charlie, park well.

psychologygh:
hahahahaha, this zoo poverty capital of the world citizens are really mustabating with this unknown border closure that is not even known in Ghana and posting fake news just to cheer their 200 million c*ws sorry hungry people .

Listen,GUTA wants that useless borders closed forever so that they can get an excuse to sack over 4 million Nigerian traders from Ghana. Your criminals, kidnappers,fraud boys and prostitutes are a parasite to our beautiful country and we sacking the zoo citizens out of our most peaceful and most developed country in West Africa back to their zoo country.

Do you have light in your kiosk for you to envy such a blessed nation such as Ghana. Thank God cos had it not been the positive image of Ghana in West Africa, the whole region would have been a real big SHITHOLE.

Oh and it's all fake news.That website is a blog who always posts fake news so don't push your hopes so far.Ghana industries are very fine aside Kasapreko who always poisons you zoo civilians with drinks that even horses will not drink in Ghana. Oh and his trucks have already been allowed in already. Hahaha.
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by colestephan86: 11:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
wristbangle:

90% of the students going to Ghana and Benin universities were either not picked in the post ume exam or failed outrightly, and u know there u don't need jamb to gain admission

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Okoroawusa: 11:26pm On Nov 16, 2019
olureignforever:

Are you related to thunder? grin grin
No I want to send one
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by ZooOga: 11:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
Yo FOKN Bois holla back oo grin

FOKN Bois - Thank God We're Not A Nigerians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD9W5VMZkRA

Nigerians Hit Back: Thank God We Are Not Ghanaians - Music/Radio - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/743006/nigerians-hit-back-thank-god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5miYlIvoKXc
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by bakescos01: 11:51pm On Nov 16, 2019
upower123:
Always respect your big brother... Just 2months of closing border... Business are folding up...i thought Ghana can do without Nigeria..it Ghana that need Nigerians to survive so... Keep your business to your self

I think we Nigerians also need to know that there are a lot of Nigerian businesses in Ghana even almost all our banks are in Ghana. Nigerians in Ghana probably holds about 30-40% of there economy, especially in real estate. So, whatever affects Ghanaians directly or indirectly affects Nigerians too. SOme business Nigerians business owners here have family and siblings and parents they take care of in Nigeria also. This year was titled the YEAR OF RETURN in Ghana. That is blacks in the world are coming back home slowly and slowly and we back home need to unite to make African great again. We are all blacks and if not for these white folks we won't have the kind of division we have now. I think its time for blacks to support blacks. White men don't love you and will only be there for you for there own selfish interest. Only Africans can build Africa together.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by akdjr(m): 11:52pm On Nov 16, 2019
Whilst I will commend the FG for the closure in other for us to grow and patronize locally produce goods as a country, I would rather prefer African leaders organizing a conference to bring the continent together. African unity and dream can never be achieved with the colonial sharing formula of our continent. A divided Africa as Mastermind by the colonial masters should be permanently abandoned and discredited.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by jubrilELsudan: 12:23am On Nov 17, 2019
Nothing new. Let it fold up.

Even prick fold up when it's done with the kukunase.

1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Mexyz(m): 12:49am On Nov 17, 2019
adedehinbo:
yes! Alapere side,not far from Ketu bus stop
Debo, you don carry your Buhari support reach here abi
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Trutherme: 1:33am On Nov 17, 2019
undecided
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by 4element: 1:44am On Nov 17, 2019
That mean Ghana is feeding on Nigeria. very surprised to hear from higher Ghana arthourity that without Nigeria opening their border many Ghana company will become bankrupt. How can we solve this problem? As we are working towards African common market? and African common currency?
I believe this is high time that the elite and educated people from both country should come together and find way to move Africa continent forward. we must find solution to this, for the sake of unity of African continent. I think united we stand, divided we fall. Let us reason together.
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Studyinchina200(m): 3:37am On Nov 17, 2019
Stop Hyping Ghana.

There is nothing special about that country.

psychologygh:
hahahahaha, this zoo poverty capital of the world citizens are really mustabating with this unknown border closure that is not even known in Ghana and posting fake news just to cheer their 200 million c*ws sorry hungry people .

Listen,GUTA wants that useless borders closed forever so that they can get an excuse to sack over 4 million Nigerian traders from Ghana. Your criminals, kidnappers,fraud boys and prostitutes are a parasite to our beautiful country and we sacking the zoo citizens out of our most peaceful and most developed country in West Africa back to their zoo country.

Do you have light in your kiosk for you to envy such a blessed nation such as Ghana. Thank God cos had it not been the positive image of Ghana in West Africa, the whole region would have been a real big SHITHOLE.

Oh and it's all fake news.That website is a blog who always posts fake news so don't push your hopes so far.Ghana industries are very fine aside Kasapreko who always poisons you zoo civilians with drinks that even horses will not drink in Ghana. Oh and his trucks have already been allowed in already. Hahaha.
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by Williamsesco(m): 4:13am On Nov 17, 2019
0078293468, acces bank
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by saraki2019(m): 5:03am On Nov 17, 2019
24kmagic:

security
Re: Border Closure: Ghana Businesses May Fold Up By The End Of The Year - GCCI by GeneralPula: 5:32am On Nov 17, 2019
SaintLucia:
And Peter Obi the Chinese man was telling us on AIT during the election campaign how Benin Republic and Ghana economy take better pass Nigeria. Na ordinary border closure exposed Peter Obi and his container economy.

Bitter Obi nah madafoka laya!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge / Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) / Tinubu Rescued Oshiomhole, But Turned His Back On Obaseki - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.