Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

"Samson And Delilah" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Samson And Delilah" (1633 Views)

Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? / Arch Bishop Samson Mustapha Benjamin Protests Against 5G Network / Bishop Tom Samson And His Rolls Royce Phantom Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 3:17am On Nov 24, 2019
solite3:
[b]samson falling into the temptation does not mean he is less righteous.
[/b]Yes samson walked into delilah's embrace and fell for her not minding the implication of having a relationship with a philistine. God only use the situation for his own glory, that although samson fell for a moment but he surely rose up again.

Yes...I wasn't saying that he was less righteous.
I was saying that he chose to make bad decisions on some occasions.
Since Delilah didn't force him to do it, then he had a role to play in his "falling".
He allowed lust to overtake him each time.
But did he sin by sleeping with Delilah those times?
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by MuttleyLaff: 7:42am On Nov 24, 2019
Eviana:
I agree thay Delilah was not God's choice for Samson.
That was Samson's lust that motivated his choice.
There is nothing wrong in having lust. We just have to be mindful and/or careful, that it is a right lust, lol

Eviana:
God had laid in Samson's heart to deal with the Philistines..
"1Again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the LORD, so the LORD delivered them into the hands of the Philistines for forty years.
5You will become pregnant and have a son whose head is never to be touched by a razor because the boy is to be a Nazirite, dedicated to God from the womb. He will take the lead in delivering Israel from the hands of the Philistines.
"
- Judges 13:1 and 5

It is true God had laid in Samson's heart to deal with the Philistines, but Samson too, was destined, willing and/or wanting to deal with the Philistines. With Samson, on the scene, it is the time for the reversal of Israel's fortune, lol.

Eviana:
but I was just wondering if he had to marry a Philistine in order to attack the Philistines?
Why not marry a Philistine in order to attack the Philistines? It is not like, Samson broke any law in marrying a Philistine or did he now, lol?

Eviana:
His parents thought that he just wanted to marry from the heathen...not knowing the full gist of what was to happen.
Was just thinking about that.
His parents were forgetful and didnt pay attention to the last part of the Judges 13:5 prophecy, lol

Eviana:
Not trying to cause confusion about the scripture though
Causing confusion can be good sometimes, as causing the right kind of confusion starts a developing of wisdom, lol.

Eviana:
but I probably need to research more to get clarity on that because it is important to me.
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
I am not understanding what specifically you say you need and/or want to get clarity on, hmm? You need to research to get clarity on particularly what?
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by supercase1(m): 7:58am On Nov 24, 2019
jcross19:
now let me start from where Delilah asked her about secret of his power and Samson knew quite alright the danger that surrounded him,now the story teller made us to know Delilah asked Samson three consecutive times and each time the enemy will ambushed him that suppose to tell Samson that Delilah is trying to get him , Mr zombie claiming the strongest still fall for it that's why is a zombie.
That the state of your country for you grin
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 1:14pm On Nov 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
I am not understanding what specifically you say you need and/or want to get clarity on, hmm? You need to research to get clarity on particularly what?

Yes...I expected this from you sir.
I think I had been looking at some of the story in the wrong manner.
Maybe I could be looking too deeply.

I just was wondering if Samson specifically had to marry a Phillistine in order to defeat the Phillistines in that earliest scenario.
Or could he have married from his own people, and still gone down to Timnath and defeated the Phillistines.
He didn't get to keep his first wife even after his conquer correct?

I was wondering if he had a "lust of the eye" problem before he met Delilah...or did that come later.
It's important to me because sometimes we can be called to do something by God, but veer off the track on our way to doing our calling. Or do it the way we "think" God has told us...
Ex. Abraham/Sarah/Hagar/Ishmael (father of nations blessed through his seed scenario).

1 Like

Re: "Samson And Delilah" by MuttleyLaff: 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2019
Eviana:
Yes...I expected this from you sir.
What exactly does "Yes...I expected this from you sir" mean?

Eviana:
I think I had been looking at some of the story in the wrong manner.
I beg to differ that you had been looking at some of the story in the wrong manner because I would have said, you've been thinking about some of the story too much and in a way that is not ending being useful, lol.

Eviana:
Maybe I could be looking too deeply
There is nothing wrong with looking at anything too deeply

Eviana:
I just was wondering if Samson specifically had to marry a Phillistine in order to defeat the Phillistines in that earliest scenario.
There was no specified law against marrying a Phillistine

Eviana:
Or could he have married from his own people, and still gone down to Timnath and defeated the Phillistines.
It's true he could have married from his own people, and still go down to Timnah and defeat the Phillistines, but God in His divine wisdom, wants to take the chance and gain advantage from Samson's weakness and/or strong fascination of or attraction to foreign women, lol. God's power is perfected in weakness things going on there, lol.

Eviana:
He didn't get to keep his first wife even after his conquer correct?
Yes, he didnt, and that's because of his straying eyes and uncontrollable third leg, lol

Eviana:
I was wondering if he had a "lust of the eye" problem before he met Delilah...or did that come later.
It's important to me because sometimes we can be called to do something by God, but veer off the track on our way to doing our calling. Or do it the way we "think" God has told us...
Ex. Abraham/Sarah/Hagar/Ishmael (father of nations blessed through his seed scenario)
Not just the "lust of the eye" problem, he had the other two as well, namely "lust of the flesh" and "pride of life" problem
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
What exactly does "Yes...I expected this from you sir" mean?

There was no specified law against marrying a Phillistine

Yes, he didnt, and that's because of his straying eyes and uncontrollable third leg, lol

Not just the "lust of the eye" problem, he had the other two as well, namely "lust of the flesh" and "pride of life" problem

Ok..I wanted to address these points sir...if you don't mind.

1). Sorry...I meant that I expected the "gif" to be making an appearance..and you didn't disappoint me. Nice one by the way.
2). Was Samson a Philistine? Or was he of a Godly heritage that forbid him from marrying non-believers? Did they serve the same God?
3).Did Samson lose his first wife because he strayed or because she was taken away from and given to his friend as payback for him destroying

Judges 14:15-19 (KJV)

15 And it came to pass on the seventh day, that they said unto Samson's wife, Entice thy husband, that he may declare unto us the riddle, [/b]lest we burn thee and thy father's house with fire: have ye called us to take that we have? is it not so?

[b]16 And Samson's wife wept before him, and said, Thou dost but hate me, and lovest me not: thou hast put forth a riddle unto the children of my people, and hast not told it me. And he said unto her, Behold, I have not told it my father nor my mother, and shall I tell it thee?

17 And she wept before him the seven days, while their feast lasted: and it came to pass on the seventh day, that he told her, because she lay sore upon him: and she told the riddle to the children of her people.

18 And the men of the city said unto him on the seventh day before the sun went down, What is sweeter than honey? And what is stronger than a lion? and he said unto them, If ye had not plowed with my heifer, ye had not found out my riddle.

19 And the Spirit of the Lord came upon him, and he went down to Ashkelon, and slew thirty men of them, [/b]and took their spoil, and gave change of garments unto them which expounded the riddle. [b]And his anger was kindled, and he went up to his father's house.

Judges 15: 1-3, 5-6 (KJV)

1 But it came to pass within a while after, in the time of wheat harvest, that Samson visited his wife with a kid; and he said, I will go in to my wife into the chamber. But her father would not suffer him to go in.

2 And her father said, I verily thought that thou hadst utterly hated her; therefore I gave her to thy companion: is not her younger sister fairer than she? take her, I pray thee, instead of her.

3 And Samson said concerning them, Now shall I be more blameless than the Philistines, though I do them a displeasure.

5 And when he had set the brands on fire, he let them go into the standing corn of the Philistines, and burnt up both the shocks, and also the standing corn, with the vineyards and olives.

6 Then the Philistines said, Who hath done this? And they answered, Samson, the son in law of the Timnite, because he had taken his wife, and given her to his companion. And the Philistines came up, and burnt her and her father with fire.

So Muttley, (although Samson began the journey toward fulfilling his purpose) I'm just saying that in those above mentioned series of tragic events, I wonder if some of that could have been avoided had he not inter-married? Lessons are to be learned (as ensamples) for us modern-day Israelites, you know.
Well, fortunately, Samson will be in the Kingdom, which is the good news.
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
God did not push him into the direction and/or warm embrace of Delilah

So, Delilah was the first strange woman he went after? Read Judges 14:1-4.

1 Like

Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 24, 2019
Eviana:

Sir/madam,
You are correct.
I was wanting someone to bring this up.

Judges 14: 3,4 (KJV)

3 Then his father and his mother said unto him, Is there never a woman among the daughters of thy brethren, or among all my people, that thou goest to take a wife of the uncircumcised Philistines? And Samson said unto his father, Get her for me; for she pleaseth me well.

4 But his father and his mother knew not that it was of the Lord, that he sought an occasion against the Philistines: for at that time the Philistines had dominion over Israel.

It's clear that Samson had a purpose/ calling from God...and was aware of it.
But it may have been possible, that, in his desire to accomplish that purpose, he "veered off of the narrow pathway" at times to fulfilling the purpose by surrendering to temptation ...(the women).
That is my thought (and I could be wrong), but I do not see this as a "Hosea/Gomer" (where Hosea actually was commanded by God to marry Gomer--as an illustration between God and his wayward bride--the Church) type of situation.

You are correct. It is just like a man like David that God gave the kingdom to rule. He could acquire anything he wanted, but acquiring another man's wife was not part of the menu. He fell into sin in the cause of ruling and rightly didn't blame God for it.

1 Like

Re: "Samson And Delilah" by MuttleyLaff: 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2019
Eviana:
Ok..I wanted to address these points sir...if you don't mind.
1). Sorry...I meant that I expected the "gif" to be making an appearance..and you didn't disappoint me. Nice one by the way.
That was the first and only gif on this thread, so why, how and where were you expecting the "gif" to be making an appearance from? Also I have never in all my interactions with you yet used a gif, so again why were you expecting one and welcoming not getting disappointed, hmm? Your stas arent adding up here ojaare ma'am, lol

Eviana:
2). Was Samson a Philistine?
Of course, Samson was not a Philistine ma'am. Is the Pope Muslim?

Eviana:
Or was he of a Godly heritage that forbid him from marrying non-believers?
God in Deuteronomy 7:1-3 specified to the Israelites, the nations they should not intermarry from. Philistines didnt make it on the list

Eviana:
Did they serve the same God?
Nope, but I am sure you know some foreign women are prepared to say: "... Your people will be my people and your God my God."

Eviana:
3).Did Samson lose his first wife because he strayed or because she was taken away from and given to his friend as payback for him destroying
Judges 14:15-19 (KJV)
15 And it came to pass on the seventh day, that they said unto Samson's wife, Entice thy husband, that he may declare unto us the riddle, [/b]lest we burn thee and thy father's house with fire: have ye called us to take that we have? is it not so?
[b]16 And Samson's wife wept before him, and said, Thou dost but hate me, and lovest me not: thou hast put forth a riddle unto the children of my people, and hast not told it me. And he said unto her, Behold, I have not told it my father nor my mother, and shall I tell it thee?

17 And she wept before him the seven days, while their feast lasted: and it came to pass on the seventh day, that he told her, because she lay sore upon him: and she told the riddle to the children of her people.
18 And the men of the city said unto him on the seventh day before the sun went down, What is sweeter than honey? And what is stronger than a lion? and he said unto them, If ye had not plowed with my heifer, ye had not found out my riddle.
19 And the Spirit of the Lord came upon him, and he went down to Ashkelon, and slew thirty men of them, [/b]and took their spoil, and gave change of garments unto them which expounded the riddle. [b]And his anger was kindled, and he went up to his father's house.

Judges 15: 1-3, 5-6 (KJV)
1 But it came to pass within a while after, in the time of wheat harvest, that Samson visited his wife with a kid; and he said, I will go in to my wife into the chamber. But her father would not suffer him to go in.
2 And her father said, I verily thought that thou hadst utterly hated her; therefore I gave her to thy companion: is not her younger sister fairer than she? take her, I pray thee, instead of her.
3 And Samson said concerning them, Now shall I be more blameless than the Philistines, though I do them a displeasure.

5 And when he had set the brands on fire, he let them go into the standing corn of the Philistines, and burnt up both the shocks, and also the standing corn, with the vineyards and olives.
6 Then the Philistines said, Who hath done this? And they answered, Samson, the son in law of the Timnite, because he had taken his wife, and given her to his companion. And the Philistines came up, and burnt her and her father with fire.
The answer is all there in the verses you provided now, that Samson lost his first wife because she was taken away from and given to his friend. Her father did not do this as payback for Samson destroying anything, but because Samson after killing those 30 Philistines at Ashkelon, angrily went to his father's home without his wife

Eviana:
So Muttley, (although Samson began the journey toward fulfilling his purpose) I'm just saying that in those above mentioned series of tragic events, I wonder if some of that could have been avoided had he not inter-married?
The Yoruba will say and call it "Ayamo" Samson was destined to intermarry and so he did.

Fyi, he intermarried without breaking any law forbidding him not to marry a Philistine. Philistines were not on the list God one by one, mentioned of nations not to marry from.

Eviana:
Lessons are to be learned (as ensamples) for us modern-day Israelites, you know.
Well, fortunately, Samson will be in the Kingdom, which is the good news.
I could imagine the state of mind of Samson again, especially after the Philistines went up and burned his ex-wife and his ex father-in law to death.

The lesson is a simple, frank and straightforward one, be careful of and be on your guard against the frightful trio, namely: "lust of the eye" "lust of the flesh" and "pride of life"
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

The lesson is a simple, frank and straightforward one, be careful of and be on your guard against the frightful trio, namely: "lust of the eye" "lust of the flesh" and "pride of life"

Don't know if that is the "main" lesson, but I'll definitely agree about our crucial need to guard against the "trio" for sure.

1 Like

Re: "Samson And Delilah" by MuttleyLaff: 10:38pm On Nov 26, 2019
Eviana:
Don't know if that is the "main" lesson, but I'll definitely agree about our crucial need to guard against the "trio" for sure.
You want to know how long a piece of string is, abi? There isnt any per se "main" lesson and that mainly because I dont read of Samson refusing to obey any command, dont read Samson rebel or go against God, dont read Samson contravene any specified law, dont read Samson etcetera, lol. The trio captures all and any lesson thats to be learned, thats why its a simple, frank and straightforward one
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
You want to know how long a piece of string is, abi? There isnt any per se "main" lesson and that mainly because I dont read of Samson refusing to obey any command, dont read Samson rebel or go against God, dont read Samson contravene any specified law, dont read Samson etcetera, lol. The trio captures all and any lesson thats to be learned, thats why its a simple, frank and straightforward one

Ok sir,
So I have to believe your analysis 100 percent?
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by MuttleyLaff: 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2019
Eviana:
Ok sir,
So I have to believe your analysis 100 percent?
Smh. If a crooked stick is before you, you need not explain how not 100 percent or crooked it is. Lay a straight one down by the side of it, and the work is well done and without you needing to force anyone, to believe or not believe.
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Smh. If a crooked stick is before you, you need not explain how 100 percent or crooked it is. Lay a straight one down by the side of it, and the work is well done without you needing to force anyone to believe or not believe.

Ok...
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by MuttleyLaff: 10:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
Eviana:
Ok...
OK, even if its an Eviana or not, wanting to split hair, lol.
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 10:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
OK, even if its an Eviana or not, wanting to split hair, lol.

Well you are the biblical "guru"....
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by MuttleyLaff: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2019
Eviana:
Well you are the biblical guru...
Smh, you're slowly but surely beginning to reveal your true colors. Fyi, I know what I do bring to the dinning table and trust me when and/or if I say, I am never afraid to eat alone.
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 11:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
Sorry..messed up while quoting.
Reposted below.
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 11:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Smh, you're slowly but surely beginning to reveal your true colors. Fyi, I know what I do bring to the dinning table and trust me when and/or if I say, I am never afraid to eat alone.

Ok sir..
I'm really not hiding much nor am I trying to pretend to be anyone other than who I am.
A person can be known by his/her words and how he/she types.
My true color is brown...how I was born.
But I bleed red blood.
This is not personal.
I just wonder why you feel that someone "must" believe something because you say it.
I agreed with your last statement..but I wasn't gonna say that there wasn't another lesson in there too.
Do you know that the problem within Christianity is the misinterpretatin of scriptures?
Hence the thousands of denominations...
I'm not arguing with you...just having a discussion.
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by MuttleyLaff: 8:12am On Nov 27, 2019
Eviana:
Ok sir..
I'm really not hiding much nor am I trying to perpetrate anyone.
A person can be known by his/her words and how he/she types.
If you pay attention, people, if given long enough time, will show their true colors unintentionally. When you don't respond the way they want you to respond back, then their true character is always revealed by their follow up words and what next is typed, lol

Eviana:
My true color is brown...how I was born.
But I bleed red blood.
Roses are red, ṣhit is brown and some posters whose true color is brown... and/or born brown, are so full of ṣhit. I wonder if you're like those posters, full of ṣhit and/or know like they know, that you're full of ṣhit, hmm?
Thank you for all these unsolicited information

Eviana:
This is not personal.
I just wonder why you feel that someone "must" believe something because you say it.
Just show where MuttleyLaff has ever typed to you, that you Eviana "must" believe anything and/or something. Has MuttleyLaff on the record proselytised you?

Eviana:
I agreed with your last statement..
So what, if you agreed with my last statement? Were you expecting me to go frame up your agreeing to my last statement? Put it up on my bedroom wall, displayed as a picture or portrait award ni?

Eviana:
but I wasn't gonna say that there wasn't another lesson in there too.
You talk, I talk. You say another talk, I also do my own additional talk. So whats the problem? Isnt it talking we are doing? Whats the beef, where from did that your slighting and uncomplimentary remark spring from, huh?

Eviana:
Do you know that the problem within Christianity is the misinterpretatin of scriptures?
Hence the thousands of denominations...
[img]https://s5/images/HeightView.jpg[/img] [img]https://s5/images/DiffHeightSameView.jpg[/img]

We understand scripture to the level of our submission to the Spirit of Truth. We understand scripture to how much we fill out to snuggly fit into the gift of the given Holy Spirit. We understand scripture according to the altitude of our vantage points and the level/angle/direction/line of our perspective. Those two pictures I pasted above, are worth more than twenty thousand words, lol.

Eviana:
I'm not arguing with you...just having a discussion.
"You seem to be the only one who doesnt yet know that MuttleyLaff doesnt do arguments, lol"
- Religion / Re: The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. by MuttleyLaff: 9:52pm On Nov 25

You stopped having a discussion, when you started your argument(s)

Eviana:
But foljs start getting personal.
You've being itching to get personal and it was not a case of if but it was a matter of when, meaning, when will you eventually show your true color, lol. Yes Dahling Eviana and so, your true color showed when I didnt respond to you the way you wanted me to respond to you. Eviana, I've moved among and engaged with loads of other interlocutors enough to learn a lot from them, like how people, when they don't get their way, will always show their true colors. Case in point, just happened here, lol. Never mind, c'est la vie. There however, is an adage Eviana, that says, dont create a storm of problems, let that ṣhit before it rains, go and live happily ever after. Capisce? lol

1 Like

Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 12:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Capisce? lol

Nope sir,
I don't understand all of what you wrote other than "profane" language and reverse psychology.

Ok, now may I direct you back to a question that was asked on this past Sunday by a poster regarding Delilah being Samson's alleged "first" strange woman encounter? I think he even propsed reading a few scripture passages.
Perhaps you can rearrange your attention off of me...and focus on that question.. please and thanks.
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by MuttleyLaff: 1:31pm On Nov 27, 2019
Eviana:
Nope sir,
I don't understand all of what you wrote other than "profane" language and reverse psychology.
Dahling, you could have fooled me, lol. Please when is your birthday next coming. Remind me to get you a dictionary. I used the word ṣhit in context of and in relation of you bringing up the color brown, of which brown incidentally is what's mostly, the colour of ṣhit. I guess you're going to pretend that you don't ṣhit or that your ṣhit doesn't smell, maybe because it's deodorised

Eviana:
Ok, now may I direct you back a question that was asked on this past Sunday by a poster regarding Delilah being Samson's alleged "first" strange woman encounter?
"Strange woman" are not words you can attribute to me. It was HedwigesMadlol. who introduced that wording to the thread, so you're better off asking him and not me about the strange woman

Eviana:
I think he even propsed reading a few scripture passages.
Perhaps you can rearrange your attention off of me...and focus on that question.. please and thanks.
You brought attention on yourself, when your mask slightly slipped to reveal who and what you really are, lol

God knows Samson wouldnt be capable to withstand Delilah's rugged determination and he wouldn't be able to nor manage to withhold revealing his secret to her, so why it wasn't a God idea to associate him with a woman especially like Delilah.
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

God knows Samson wouldnt be capable to withstand Delilah's rugged determination and he wouldn't be able to nor manage to withhold revealing his secret to her, so why it wasn't a God idea to associate him with a woman especially like Delilah.

But the poster (below) was the one that asked the question to you Muttley in response to what you had written to someone else.
I copied it for you, but feel free to scroll back to Sunday...cause it's there.
Ohh, but I get it.
You were too busy trying to prove "me" wrong on Sunday, that you missed "his" post...
It's ok...I completely forgive you.

Re: "Samson And Delilah" by HedwigesMaduro: 4:00pm On Nov 24

MuttleyLaff:

1 Like
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by MuttleyLaff: 11:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
Eviana:
But the poster (below) was the one that asked the question to you Muttley in response to what you had written to someone else.
I copied it for you, but feel free to scroll back to Sunday...cause it's there.
Meet me down, where I'll do a better work of clearing things up for you.

Eviana:
Ohh, but I get it.
You were too busy trying to prove "me" wrong on Sunday, that you missed "his" post...
[img]https://s3/images/3xsmhp.gif[/img]
Jumping to the wrong conclusion.
Smh. This is unforgivably cringeworthy to read.

Eviana:
It's ok...I completely forgive you.
To forgive, is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner you set free, is yourself, actually you, lol. Forgive yourself first dahling, before others, lol

Eviana:
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by HedwigesMaduro: 4:00pm On Nov 24

MuttleyLaff:

HedwigesMaduro:

solite3:
The sad story of a man who fell into the arms of a strange woman.

MuttleyLaff:
"1One day Samson went down to Timnah, where he saw a young Philistine woman.
2So he returned and told his father and his mother, “I have seen a daughter of the Philistines in Timnah. Now get her for me as a wife.”
3But his father and mother replied, “Can’t you find a young woman among your relatives or among any of our people? Must you go to the uncircumcised Philistines to get a wife?”
But Samson told his father, “Get her for me, for she is pleasing to my eyes.
"
- Judges 14:1-3

The strange story of a determined man, who always had a strong and/or habitual liking for strange women. He open eyed, walked directly into a ditch because of the last of the strange women.

HedwigesMaduro:
You skipped the part where it was stated that it was God that was pushing him in that direction.

MuttleyLaff:

HedwigesMaduro:
I have just in the above, reproduced those quotes to show the entire thread of the iteraction that got going on between MuttleyLaff and HedwigesMaduro

I am 110% unmistaken that God did not push Samson into the direction and/or warm embrace of Delilah. This is the reason why I wasnt bothered responding to the last comment HedwigesMaduro made. I missed not "his" post ... as Eviana thought and wrongly concluded. It actually was a case of, I deliberately ignored that HedwigesMaduro comment because I previously had said, Samson is a determined man, who always had a strong and/or habitual liking for strange women. Besides, not all strange women are bad, crooked, bent and/or up to dirty tricks? I earlier did hint with "... your people will be my people and your God, my God ..." which is about Ruth, and after reading that HedwigesMaduro comment and because of an Eviana comment about foreign women or something like that. Afterall, was Ruth not a strange woman too ni?
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by nlPoster: 1:45am On Nov 28, 2019
OP is there a question?
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by nlPoster: 1:47am On Nov 28, 2019
Eviana:

Samson, a Godly man, however,

Where in the bible is Samson described as a godly man?
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 2:12am On Nov 28, 2019
nlPoster:

Where in the bible is Samson described as a godly man?

Judges 13: 2-3, 5, 24 (KJV)
2 And there was a certain man of Zorah, of the family of the Danites, whose name was Manoah; and his wife was barren, and bare not
[/b]
3 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son.

5 For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: [b]for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb: and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines.

24 And the woman bare a son, and called his name Samson: and the child grew, and the Lord blessed him.

Hebrews 11: 32, 34, 39-40 (KJV)
32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens

39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

It begins from the word "danites" which is the tribe of Dan...a Godly lineage beginning from Abraham which runs all the way to Jesus Christ.
Samson's lineage already showed that he was to be a special, Godly man.
Samson made some terrible choices, even resulting in a most horrific death, BUT there is no doubt that he was a Godly man and ultimately fulfilled his God ordained calling. Because a Christian may fall, does not mean that he/she was never a Godly person.
Confession, forgiveness, and repentance is what makes the difference.

1 Like

Re: "Samson And Delilah" by MuttleyLaff: 3:14am On Nov 28, 2019
Eviana:
Judges 13: 2-3, 5, 24 (KJV)
2 And there was a certain man of Zorah, of the family of the Danites, whose name was Manoah; and his wife was barren, and bare not
[/b]
3 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son.

5 For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: [b]for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb: and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines.

24 And the woman bare a son, and called his name Samson: and the child grew, and the Lord blessed him.

Hebrews 11: 32, 34, 39-40 (KJV)
32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens

39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

It begins from the word "danites" which is the tribe of Dan...a Godly lineage beginning from Abraham which runs all the way to Jesus Christ.
Samson's lineage already showed that he was to be a special, Godly man.
Samson made some terrible choices, even resulting in a most horrific death, BUT there is no doubt that he was a Godly man and ultimately fulfilled his God ordained calling. Because a Christian may fall, does not mean that he/she was never a Godly person.
Confession, forgiveness, and repentance is what makes the difference.
Who now, is the real biblical "guru" fa, lol. Here the laurel wreath and crown for Eviana, the undisputed heavyweight biblical "guru" lol

Eviana:
On hindsight and after just now, giving your "don't know if that is the "main" lesson" some more thought and/or deeper consideration, I have come to a reviewed conclusion, that one out of the possible main lessons in the Samson story, is that inspite of our imperfections, many shortcomings and/or weaknesses, God often still finds us useful and so within whats permissible, will make use of us. This means, dont be too hard on yourself, dont be saying I am not perfect. Dont be thinking that, I am not there yet so God is not interested in me and so, wont use me. We are not created or born perfect, and that's for many reasons. We actually, are created to be real to our nature, and born to be real to ourselves. Besides, there is power in imperfection. Its as I previously have said, God's power is perfected in weakness things going on there, lol. For God Himself, in 2 Corinthians 12:9 said: "My power is strongest when you are weak"

The heading, Samson and Delilah, sums up the story of a conquered, captive, strong, weak man later become a broken and contrite man triumphant, even as when caught up in the tragic drama that ended his life.
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Who now, is the real biblical "guru" fa, lol. Here the laurel wreath and crown for Eviana, the undisputed heavyweight biblical "guru" lol

On hindsight and after just now, giving your "don't know if that is the "main" lesson" some more thought and/or deeper consideration, I have come to a reviewed conclusion, that one out of the possible main lessons in the Samson story, is that inspite of our imperfections, many shortcomings and/or weaknesses, God often still finds us useful and so within whats permissible, will make use of us. This means, dont be too hard on yourself, dont be saying I am not perfect. Dont be thinking that, I am not there yet so God is not interested in me and so, wont use me. We are not created or born perfect, and that's for many reasons. We actually, are created to be real to our nature, and born to be real to ourselves. Besides, there is power in imperfection. Its as I previously have said, God's power is perfected in weakness things going on there, lol. For God Himself, in 2 Corinthians 12:9 said: "My power is strongest when you are weak"

The heading, Samson and Delilah, sums up the story of a conquered, captive, strong, weak man later become a broken and contrite man triumphant, even as when caught up in the tragic drama that ended his life.

Oh no...
I'm definitely NOT a biblical "guru"...nowhere near.
Still learning..have much more to understanding/knowledge to gain.
That which I know, I know (through the Holy Spirit)...but could never claim to know it all.
The child asked a question about Samson..and I felt compelled to answer it.
Several scripture verses prove who Samson was and I wanted no doubt about that.
I'm kinda protective of my Lord and Saviour..and His Word.
Some things should be crystal clear but if questioned (with whatever motive), need to be answered for those who may truly be searching for the truth.
We may not scripturally agree on everything, but personal insults should be omitted. Mature discussion is what I respect.
Your summation was not bad at all. Appreciate and thank you for that.
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by MuttleyLaff: 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2019
Eviana:
Oh no...
I'm definitely NOT a biblical "guru"...nowhere near.
Still learning..have much more to understanding/knowledge to gain.
That which I know, I know (through the Holy Spirit)...but could never claim to know it all
lol, keep on churning out Bible verses like you earlier were doing there, then you'll become the next one, that even comes after being called a Bible guru, lol

Eviana:
The child asked a question about Samson..and I felt compelled to answer it.
Several scripture verses prove who Samson was and I wanted no doubt about that
Why are you calling someone "the child"? Any particular reason for that?

Eviana:
I'm kinda protective of my Lord and Saviour..and His Word.
Some things should be crystal clear but if questioned (with whatever motive), need to be answered for those who may truly be searching for the truth
Our Lord and Saviour is big and capable enough to take care of Himself. Doesn't need your protection.

Eviana:
We may not scripturally agree on everything, but personal insults should be omitted. Mature discussion is what I respect.
Has anyone insulted you on this thread? Or, you don't like things being said as they are ni?

Eviana:
Your summation was not bad at all. Appreciate and thank you for that.
I am pleased you approve.
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by Eviana(f): 1:08pm On Nov 29, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
lol, keep on churning out Bible verses like you earlier were doing there, then you'll become the next one, that even comes after being called a Bible guru, lol

Why are you calling someone "the child"? Any particular reason for that?

Our Lord and Saviour is big and capable enough to take care of Himself. Doesn't need your protection.

Has anyone insulted you on this thread? Or, you don't like things being said as they are ni?

I am pleased you approve.

I thought he/she was a child based on some things he/she has written.
My age range for a child is broad.
If the poster is not a child, then my apologies.
Of course God doesn't need my protection.
I'm well aware of that.
But when you love someone, you try and protect him/her right? You want folks to see that person as you see him/her.
Well, when I constantly see my Lord ridiculed, misjudged, misunderstood, mocked etc., here on this forum, it makes me want to defend Him..because I know who He really is.
I just want others to try to understand who He is also...that's all.
Re: "Samson And Delilah" by MuttleyLaff: 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2019
Eviana:
I thought he/she was a child based on some things he/she has written.
My age range for a child is broad.
If the poster is not a child, then my apologies.
Of course God doesn't need my protection.
I'm well aware of that.
But when you love someone, you try and protect him/her right? You want folks to see that person as you see him/her.
Well, when I constantly see my Lord ridiculed, misjudged, misunderstood, mocked etc., here on this forum, it makes me want to defend Him..because I know who He really is.
I just want others to try to understand who He is also...that's all.
It is biblical to be like a child, so necessarily nothing wrong in that poster being a child in my humble opinion.

God has mastered the art of longsuffering in silence. Anybody else, these people will have been yesterday dead for their shameful behaviours.

Genuine people, seekers people, people who are wanting to know, will reach out and ask honest sincere questions. When they do, there is the opportunity to be of service, help and/or an illumination, lol. You might even awake positive something or things in them, lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Satan The Choirmaster? / The Jehovah's Witnesses And The Resurrection Of Jesus / An Islamic Response To Pope Benedict Xvi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.