Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Calling On All Web Design Experts. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Calling On All Web Design Experts. (687 Views)

Calling On All Coders & Web Developers, Please Advice Me On Social Community / Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng / All Web Designers In Nigeria Are Amateurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling On All Web Design Experts. by Jackelony(m): 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2010
Good day all, I’m a budding web designer and I use Dreamweaver as my development tool. However, I need help from experts in the house. Could anyone please tell me how to make my website scalable (I’m not sure this is the right word)? However, I mean how to make my sites fit properly into all screen sizes. I use a 14’’ monitor and do not like the way my site appears on smaller or bigger screens.

Secondly, I use Fireworks to prepare my drop-down menus and it always pops-up a security alert saying “Internet Explorer has restricted the webpage from running Scripts or Active X control” and ask if I would want to go ahead. Usually, I would click “Yes”, knowing that it is harmless to my computer. But, imagine a scenario where the site is hosted and a not-so-knowledgeable visitor is confronted with the same pop-up, the natural instinct would be to click “NO” (thinking it’s a malignant virus)thereby disabling the menus from dropping.
I hope someone can relate with these issues and assist me speedily.

Thanks
Re: Calling On All Web Design Experts. by leo2009(m): 8:38am On Nov 19, 2010
abt ur pop ups being blocked, dats from ur browser nt ur design, check ur browser settings ,
abt ur scalling, dnt know abt dreamweaver cos i design my sites using pure coding, and dat problem can be solved by coding ur dimensions in % and not in pixels, sori am not of much help to u
Re: Calling On All Web Design Experts. by utimatedes(m): 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2010
The pop-up is because you are previewing your work directly from you computer. It is normal and it is because you enable it. When you upload your work to the server, you won't see those pop-up blocker again.

You have to specify the wide of your document. if you want the side to fit to the screen, use the wide as 100% e.g <table width="100%">
</table>

You can also use CSS to control the width if you are good in CSS
Re: Calling On All Web Design Experts. by Jackelony(m): 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2010
Thanks for your input.

As for the pop-up being from my web browser, I have tried my site on other browsers and got the same result. I presume every web browser is by default set to block scripts so I can't go deactivating it on all the browsers where my site will be run.

As for the the scaling, where can I see the % thingy?
Re: Calling On All Web Design Experts. by hostmot(f): 9:44am On Nov 20, 2010
To really get good in this thing, you have to learn hands-on HTML + CSS. Lots of resources are around. Just google.

To get painless worry-free dropdown menus, you have to use one of the many suckerfish menu solutions out there (Google suckerfish menu). Code auto-generated by fireworks is not so clean and might not look good in all browsers.
Re: Calling On All Web Design Experts. by ajaxphp7: 3:24pm On Nov 20, 2010
Well, I think I have had such problem in the past as a begginer. The best solution to that problem is make sure you are conversant with the Dhtml that is try to make use of css(cascading style sheet) know how to position your div tag using float, center, and probably absolute. It will help

(1) (Reply)

Any Good Php Programmer In The Around Ikeja, Akowonjo, Isolo Or Ikotun / Joomla 1.6 Tutorials Anyone? / Get Ready Made Articles For Your Blog And Web Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.