Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War (3030 Views)

Twitter Deletes Buhari’s Tweet About Nigerian Civil War - Peoples Gazette / 65,000 People On The Run In North-East After Boko Haram Attack - U.N. / Killings Triple In The South-East After IPOB Launched ESN - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by IGBOSON1: 6:12am On Nov 17, 2019
YungMillionaire:

The ceding of Bakassi was entirely a Geo-political move. Obasanjo was working tirelessly to manage Nigeria's debt (France was one of the major holders). France wanted Cameroon to have it - Shekinah. If you know you know.
Now, if Kanu/Ipob is able to convince China (China is currently Nigeria's single biggest economic partner) that Biafra should be actualized THEN there is a very good chance that Biafra will come. Otherwise (if Igbos declare Biafra without any major/crucial international backing) na war.
I do not want war. Because I do not like seeing dead bodies and blood all over the place. Now since you will not get China's (or any other major countries backing) here is the reality: You cannot get referendum and if you declare Biafra you are declaring war

I notice how you only zero in on China as a potential ally of your Fulani-owned 'one Nigeria'! What of France, the UK, the USA, Isreal, Russia, etc? Could it be that you're banking on a kindred spirit country you know has little regard for human rights just like you do?

If China is the all-powerful bully you make them out to be and would always toe the line of supporting the status-quo of its ally countries, then why haven't they flexed this muscle with little Taiwan and forcefully annexed them like Russia did with Crimea?

You fail to understand that liberal-democracies (of which all the western countries you failed to mention are) would be more inclined to champion the ideals on which their societies are built on, rather than sell their soul to the devil for the sake of their business interests like you're implying China would do! In any event, what makes you think Biafra can't make an offer China would find irresistable? In international relations, you talk of permanent interests and not permanent friends! I hope you know all what the Fulani owned Nigeria is using for leverage (to dangle in front of Chinsa) is located in the south?

You say France wanted Cameroon to have the peninsular, yet didn't give any reason/s why. What if i equally say Isreal and the United States would want to support Biafran secession for their own reasons...one of which i've already outlined above?

Do not get too cocky and comfortable thinking your shithole of a country is indivisble! The old Sudan thought that way; the old USSR thought that way; the old Yugoslavia thought that way; the old British colonial empire thought that way; Apartheid South-Africa thought that way! If you're hinging your hopes on Biafra not having the stomach for a fight, then all i can say is just carry on with the marginalisation, state sponsored murders, plotting to deny Igbos the presidency, etc....just carry on with all this and you may just get the trouble you're asking for! And know this: 'ONE NIGERIA' CAN NEVER SURVIVE ANOTHER CIVIL WAR! You lot know this, and this is why you'd do anything to prevent one from happening!

5 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by MetaPhysical: 6:21am On Nov 17, 2019
YungMillionaire:
Igbos are no longer Biafrans but Nigerians. They should be treated as such. This is why I support an Igbo presidency. Unfortunately, Igbos are not very good in politics. It would be beautiful if Igbos can get a Tinubu-like political figure. Igbos should send someone like Peter Obi to go and learn politics under Tinubu for like 5 years.

Orji Uzor Kalu is the godfather of SE politics. Currently he is the most senior elected Igbo politician, plus the man is a bridge builder.
Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by meccuno: 6:27am On Nov 17, 2019
When you get up early in the morning to check what's the latest news and what's happening around Nigeria and the world,you see dumb comments. Any one who still believes in Nigeria is a complete moronn. The indices are there for one to know that there is a grand conspiracy going on by the West and their in house slave master the fulanis to destroy the ambitions of the black man and steal his resources. Igbos might be brash, sometimes rugged and raw but they were created to be like that and the civil war made it worse. But I will always respect my People. It's not easy to be disliked by majority of the tribes in Nigeria and still survive. Nigeria needs to be divided to ensure that the black race has. A chance of going advanced. There is no future with. Nigeria. The north cannot be the only group that decides the future of this useless country. After 50 years look at the result. Eventually we would get that division which is the best. The hate and the killings are getting too much.

5 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by horsepower101: 6:31am On Nov 17, 2019
meccuno:
When you get up early in the morning to check what's the latest news and what's happening around Nigeria and the world,you see dumb comments. Any one who still believes in Nigeria is a complete moronn. The indices are there for one to know that there is a grand conspiracy going on by the West and their in house slave master the fulanis to destroy the ambitions of the black man and steal his resources. Igbos might be brash, sometimes rugged and raw but they were created to be like that and the civil war made it worse. But I will always respect my People. It's not easy to be disliked by majority of the tribes in Nigeria and still survive. Nigeria needs to be divided to ensure that the black race has. A chance of going advanced. There is no future with. Nigeria. The north cannot be the only group that decides the future of this useless country. After 50 years look at the result. Eventually we would get that division which is the best. The hate and the killings are getting too much.

Thanks for calling a spade a spade. Nigeria is a total disaster and should have never existed to begin with.

It has held the potential of black Africa down under the leadership of the most mentally and socially backward people on this earth.

It will not get any better and those that keep saying it will are suffering from extreme delusions.

3 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by MetaPhysical: 6:34am On Nov 17, 2019
If you cant make it while in Nigeria, trust me...you can't make it when you are not in Nigeria. It's time you begin taking stock of what and who you are, instead of blowing vuvuzela about a war recovery that has produced more wealthy criminals than honest earners.
Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by ludd2018: 6:34am On Nov 17, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Gbam. This guy Kanu (in my humble opinion) is single-handely destroying all the good will that generations of Igbos have garnered for the SE for decades. I still remember growing up when your hear the word Igbo - people say things like business, Onyeka Onwenu, Papillo, Okocha, Sam Okwaraji ,Iwanyanwu national etc, Even as recently as the early 2000s Psquare and Brackett...Now, when you say Igbo the next thing people say is Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu...tell me do you honestly think this is good for Igbos in Nigeria?

Bros you are the one that got ur brain twisted. Igbos are hated in Nigeria and therefore they have 100% to ask for independence from Nigeria . IT is their civil right and some one has to champion that therefore sb like Nnadi Kanu is the right person for it now . Igbos never got goodwill from Nigeria....it has been death so it is time to leave . Marriage is not by force .

5 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by YungMillionaire: 6:35am On Nov 17, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Orji Uzor Kalu is the godfather of SE politics. Currently he is the most senior elected Igbo politician, plus the man is a bridge builder.

How relevant is Orji Kalu in SE? What Igbos need is someone who is strong at home (SE) and also have the connect to other regions.
Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by ludd2018: 6:39am On Nov 17, 2019
meccuno:

Bros you are 100% right and people know you have spoken the truth . Nigeria can never work and Africa is not moving forward because of Nigeria. No country in the world survives dual ideologies or divergent value systwms .

4 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by MetaPhysical: 6:39am On Nov 17, 2019
YungMillionaire:

How relevant is Orji Kalu in SE? What Igbos need is someone who is strong at home (SE) and also have the connect to other regions.

I just told you! In political heirarchy he is the highest elected Igbo in Nigeria. He is also a title holder in Katsina. You cannot build bridge to North without him, neither can take a political move without him. The guy has Igboland in lock-down.
Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by ludd2018: 6:48am On Nov 17, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I just told you! In political heirarchy he is the highest elected Igbo in Nigeria. He is also a title holder in Katsina. You cannot build bridge to North without him, neither can take a political move without him. The guy has Igboland in lock-down.

Orji Uzor kalu is lost his respect n reputation in the SE . Igbos don't like him . Igbos don't need to build bridges with the north ...all want now is to have their own country. North has been the problem of Nigeria n will never develop Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by meccuno: 7:52am On Nov 17, 2019
ludd2018:

Bros you are 100% right and people know you have spoken the truth . Nigeria can never work and Africa is not moving forward because of Nigeria. No country in the world survives dual ideologies or divergent value systwms .
I want you to try and watch or read books about what the British an France did in Africa, whites are vey bad people. i just watched video of what the whites did in Congo. 6 million people dead. Religion is another mean they used in penetrating us. what makes me sad is that there are so many people who are comfortable with the whites being our masters which is wrong. no one was created to be a slave to another but there will always be those ahead. sometimes i just feel tired that Africans are okay with their status. there is a case in the US about COMCAST and one black millionaire. cannot remmember his name. Then you will get the mental picture of what these white people think of us.

3 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by RTSC: 8:53am On Nov 17, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Gbam. This guy Kanu (in my humble opinion) is single-handely destroying all the good will that generations of Igbos have garnered for the SE for decades. I still remember growing up when your hear the word Igbo - people say things like business, Onyeka Onwenu, Papillo, Okocha, Sam Okwaraji ,Iwanyanwu national etc, Even as recently as the early 2000s Psquare and Brackett...Now, when you say Igbo the next thing people say is Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu...tell me do you honestly think this is good for Igbos in Nigeria?
That is why I want him hanged by the balls.
A nonentity destroying Igbo progress.
Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 17, 2019
it was a great recovery

3 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by kettykings: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2019
YungMillionaire:
Igbos are no longer Biafrans but Nigerians. They should be treated as such. This is why I support an Igbo presidency. Unfortunately, Igbos are not very good in politics. It would be beautiful if Igbos can get a Tinubu-like political figure. Igbos should send someone like Peter Obi to go and learn politics under Tinubu for like 5 years.

What politics did Obama play to get elected twice as US president, please we need to see Nigeria for what it really is.

This is an almalgam of very dissimilar African nations very irreconcilable opinions. Is Joe igbokwe, ngige , ogbonnaya onu, rochas not die hard APC fans . why can't APC elect any of them as president

5 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by kettykings: 11:13am On Nov 17, 2019
YungMillionaire:

That is true. I know of one Igbo chap who was even mentioned as a possible UK prime Minister. The day the British Royal family decide its time for a black PM, that guy will enter with no problem. There are also a couple in Canada and local politicians in the US. Guy all politics is fvckery but Nigerian politics is an epic level of fvckery. Igbos are not good at Nigerian politics.

Even Obama would have failed in Nigeria. The Nigeria political space is the problem and not igbos

4 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by Ttipsy(f): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2019
horsepower101:

Igbos are not good in politics yet they have been elected in so many countries outside of Nigeria. More than all other ethnicities combined.
very true

3 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by joeyfire(m): 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
YungMillionaire:

shocked Igbos are not good in politics but the first black senator in Italy is an Igbo man. His party is even right-wing and anti-immigration. Nigerian politics is designed to promote the most useless ones to relevance (orji uzor kalu and rochas) and keep the best far from power. If that's the type of politics that one Nigeria is all about then yes we are not good at that type.

4 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by horsepower101: 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2019
joeyfire:

shocked Igbos are not good in politics but the first black senator in Italy is an Igbo man. His party is even right-wing and anti-immigration. Nigerian politics is designed to promote the most useless ones to relevance (orji uzor kalu and rochas) and keep the best far from power. If that's the type of politics that one Nigeria is all about then yes we are not good at that type.

I have even lost count of how many igbos that have been elected in various countries this year alone. Imagine if I start counting the last 10 years.

IGBOs are very very very GOOD in POLITICS. They have proven it over and over.

3 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by joeyfire(m): 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
horsepower101:

I have even lost count of how many igbos that have been elected in various countries this year alone. Imagine if I start counting the last 10 years.

IGBOs are very very very GOOD in POLITICS. They have proven it over and over.

This caricature practiced in this sick country called Nigeria is not politics. Igbos have been doing democracy before the white man came. Others were doing ranka dede and baba sope. That's why we are so incompatible

3 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by Chibuzoc(m): 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
horsepower101:

Thanks for calling a spade a spade. Nigeria is a total disaster and should have never existed to begin with.

It has held the potential of black Africa down under the leadership of the most mentally and socially backward people on this earth.

It will not get any better and those that keep saying it will are suffering from extreme delusions.

Bro to be honest I think the British is behind this experiment as the never wished well for the blacks and with the rise of a black power the atrocities of the British people will be revisited and justice will be duly served.

The had to tie the Great Biafrans with the nomadic tribes to hold them down. In all honesty nigeria is not working and can never work

3 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by tricksters: 1:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
The first person you n your bigoted fathers should thank after almighty God is Awolowo that gave Igbo states it federal allocation for the entire duration of the war without any of your foolish n cursed governors bold or daring to even ask for it from the then military administrator but what did your back biting bigoted fathers do but insult the same Awolowo.

aishauju:
Thanks to God for ending the Nigerian Civil War and uniting Nigeria again. Kudos to the elders that saw to the peaceful resolution of Nigeria.
The South-East lost many or almost everything during the civil war: these include: education, businesses, career, wealth, people, peace and so on; but with perseverance, diligence, hardwork, dedication and so on, it is now one of the prosperous regions who have met up with the education, businesses, wealth, career and people in Nigeria. It is also doing well in other aspects of life. It is also an oviously rich region.

Thanks to God for such.

Lesson: Never give up, you can rise again.
Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by maestroferddi: 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
YungMillionaire:

Because I was about to lecture you on the unprintable names Obama and his family were called in US. The horrific attacks directed towards immigrants all in the name of Brexit in the UK. Even the current American president rose to office by racially attacking Obama. So please there is nothing like 'civil and lack tribalism' politics ANYWHERE in the world.

Now, I agree with you that due to history there is general inherent bias against Igbos (especially in the North). However, even some Igbos are not helping matters by their utterances.

Let me ask you a very straight forward question (and please give me the honest answer):

Who is the most prominent Igbo person in the news in the last 5 to 7 years (be honest)?
Silly question!

Who is the most prominent Nigerian apart from an Igbo in the news in the time frame you are talking about?

Misguided elements like you...

When it comes to the politics of electing a president, a demon from every other tribe is qualified but when it concerns the Igbo, you start asking for an angel from heaven.

You people are not serious, are you?

3 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by mrvitalis(m): 2:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
YungMillionaire:

1. Granting referendum is tantamount to saying Nigeria's sovereignty is negotiable. Which is contrary to the oath taken by Nigerian office holders and the mandate of the Nigeria military. 2. It is not a matter of illegality. It is a matter of what message are you (as Igbos) passing to your fellow Nigerians. If you demand Biafra then that means you are not Nigerians. If you are not Nigerians then how can you be trusted to do good by Nigerians?

Lastly just because a referendum is legal does not mean a country has to allow it. Otherwise California and Texas would have had one to separate from America. No American state is leaving the US without a war. The same thing applies to Nigeria. This is the reality. All that stuff you might read on UN website is theory.
Nigeria is indivisible but we gave away bakasi

1 Like

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by mrvitalis(m): 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Igbo's n Yoruba's are not the same we are Republicans ....Kalu won the election because PDP presented a bad candidate

If he was the god after why haven't he won since 2007 .....no body can control Igbo's we are free thinkers ...a leader we respect today might get rejected tomorrow

We are only loyal to equity n justice

4 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by Kapilta(m): 2:41pm On Nov 17, 2019
MetaPhysical:

so ouk is now a bridge builder and no more fulani/caliphate slave. grin you my in-laws will not kill somebody with confusion.

2 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by MetaPhysical: 4:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
Kapilta:
so ouk is now a bridge builder and no more fulani/caliphate slave. grin you my in-laws will not kill somebody with confusion.

grin
If SE must have a President it MUST be OUK, otherwise Ibo will abandon Nigeria and opt for referendum. Nigeria be warned!
Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by MetaPhysical: 4:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
mrvitalis:

Igbo's n Yoruba's are not the same we are Republicans ....Kalu won the election because PDP presented a bad candidate

If he was the god after why haven't he won since 2007 .....no body can control Igbo's we are free thinkers ...a leader we respect today might get rejected tomorrow

We are only loyal to equity n justice

You dont have anyone else with his qualification and general acceptance nationwide. Learn to love this man. Dont do him what you did to Ngige and Okorocha.
Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by mrvitalis(m): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
MetaPhysical:

You dont have anyone else with his qualification and general acceptance nationwide. Learn to love this man. Dont do him what you did to Ngige and Okorocha.
Oga this is why regional government is the best

North and west are socialist ....Igbo's are capitalist Republicans

Roachas did him self ...u can never impose on an Igbo man ...never ...

If PDP brings a better candidate in 2023 kalu would lose ...

Its funny how people like u that complain OBJ was never your candidate is asking Igbo's to accept kalu

If u want to make him president for Igbo turn fine but we can be forced to accept that

The minister of state for education would have been a perfect choice

2 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by naijaking1: 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
aishauju:
Thanks to God for ending the Nigerian Civil War and uniting Nigeria again. Kudos to the elders that saw to the peaceful resolution of Nigeria.
The South-East lost many or almost everything during the civil war: these include: education, businesses, career, wealth, people, peace and so on; but with perseverance, diligence, hardwork, dedication and so on, it is now one of the prosperous regions who have met up with the education, businesses, wealth, career and people in Nigeria. It is also doing well in other aspects of life. It is also an oviously rich region.

Thanks to God for such.

Lesson: Never give up, you can rise again.

Please tell us that you really don't know that one of the biggest frauds in Nigeria was reconstructing the west while the war damage was in the east!

2 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by Tranquillity360: 5:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
horsepower101:

Igbos are not good in politics yet they have been elected in so many countries outside of Nigeria. More than all other ethnicities combined.
Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by Tranquillity360: 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2019
horsepower101:

That is because Igbos don't Know how to play politics of hate which they plays in nigeria.

Have you ever wonder why the only thing that units yorubas and hausafulanis is hatred for igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Great Recovery Of South-East After Nigerian Civil War by richie240: 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2019
YungMillionaire:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Uzodimma Lists Items That Must Be Recovered From Okorocha / Fulani Using NIN To Fight Population Jihad In Nigeria —Mailafia / Yoruba People Will Move On After Sunday Igboho Is Imprisoned In Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.