Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,301 members, 7,954,197 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:02 PM

How To Build A Retentive Memory As A Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Build A Retentive Memory As A Student (915 Views)

Examination; A True Test Of Students Performance And Retentive Ability / See 4 Types Of Food That Can Boost Up Your Memory As A Student / How To Have Retentive Memory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Build A Retentive Memory As A Student by Alusbconcept: 2:05am On Nov 17, 2019
How fast can you remember?

Some brains are experiencing quick ejaculation when it come to knowledge. The most derogatory thing that can happen to student is to read and before you use the information you have forgotten them.

They are laws that converns how to build a retentive memories. I thought I was not gifted like every other students and that reading, assimilating and having information stored in my brains was not my stuff especially when a song of failure was orchestrated by my teacher and echoed by the student for me.

But the truth is gifted brains are not gifted they are used brains. They are exceptions!

Are you using your brain or still whiching you are that gifted guy or lady.

Memorization occurs in the brains after the process of
1. Registration
2 storage
3 recollection.

The number1 law I will share with you is :
1. The law of interest and concentration :
According to Dale Carnegie "the first mandate of memory is this : get a deep, vivid and lasting "impression" of the things, you wish to retain and to do that you must concentrate.

Students or anyone don't remember what was taught by their lecturer because of lack of interest.

You can't have a gross concentration if you don't have interest. You only concentrate most times on what you are interested in.

I was sharing with some students the week in a polytechnic, while I was still speaking most of the student were asking that whenever they want to read they fell dizzy and what might be the problem.?

Part of the problems I outlined amidst others is cause by lack of interest among other factors that I cant say in this article. Why will you stay up late to watch movies, ?because that is what you are interested in.
But they is a way to trick your heart! grin :DYou can trick you mind. Yes! I shared it with them.

Have you wondered the same mind that is weak to read, and shows lack of interest immediately you are told next week is exam, the mind will step up to cover more than 4 pages of book in one night?. You can make you mind always assume that state by tricking your mind. I can show you how!

Some people can remember stories of what they have read for most times more than 6 months and some guys can remember the name of their club player let say Arsenal since 1994. Ask the one that have all the facts concerning Arsenal most times about the novel he read since last year he will not be able to answer because his interest is elsewhere while for others the opposite is true.

Informations that interest us are stored as either short term or long term memory depends in your level of interest, emotions, concentration attached to the information or event.

Share your Academic worries let's us help you out!

IamChris.
Your success partner.

1 Like

Re: How To Build A Retentive Memory As A Student by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 17, 2019
I forget things easily, I think it's because I'm greatly distracted. This is affecting me academically.
Re: How To Build A Retentive Memory As A Student by Alusbconcept: 7:40am On Nov 17, 2019
@aceOpace distraction is part of it. But you can distract your distractions.
Re: How To Build A Retentive Memory As A Student by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
Alusbconcept:
@aceOpace distraction is part of it. But you can distract your distractions.
How, please?
Re: How To Build A Retentive Memory As A Student by Alusbconcept: 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2019
1. First is to know what the distraction is. Write it down. The first step to conquer any challenge is to know the challenge.

2. After you have written it down, brainstorm on the solutions and start to work on the solution.

For example they were I was distracted, and I sit down to know what is the chief distrator and I found out it was my smartphone.

So I set the solution, by so so time, either I off the phone, or silence the phone I must not pick any calls when I am about to study in other to avoid the distractions that it's brings until I am done with what I want to do.

If I didn't hit that daily goal then, I can't operate or receive any call.

So I distract the distraction my replacing it with something interesting.

You must discipline your undiscipline.

If the distractions is beyond the social cultural atmosphere then I should know, so as to give a more vivid answer. Thanks
Re: How To Build A Retentive Memory As A Student by iaamxavier(m): 10:28pm On Nov 17, 2019
Is there any effective way of cramming? I have retentive memory only when I understand the concept

But I need tips on cramming
Re: How To Build A Retentive Memory As A Student by Alusbconcept: 10:26am On Nov 18, 2019
Cramming is amassing of large information usually for a short period of time.

The most effective way to cramme is to understand what you are cramming. Everyone crams in one way or the other but if not understood ,then you can't recollect the information.

Crammed words are usually stored as a short term memory. It takes repetition to move it to become a long term memory.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HND Or Direct Entry? / Schwarzman Scholars Program Application For 2021/2022 / KWASU VC Calls For Reopening Of School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.