Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,964 members, 7,952,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:51 AM

100 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Deleting Your Blog Post - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 100 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Deleting Your Blog Post (614 Views)

How To Optimize Blog Post Title For Better SEO Ranking (A Detailed Guide) / 6 Effective Ways To Generate Article Titles For Your Blog Post / How Much Do U Make From Your Blog? Be Honest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

100 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Deleting Your Blog Post by beelson: 4:36am On Nov 17, 2019
Did someone ever advice you not to delete your blog post? Whether yes or no..Today, I won't just advice you but to warn you not to delete your blog post.

Wait oo!..If you really don't like the post why publishing the post in the first place?
Oh!..maybe the post doesn't generate traffic the way you was expecting.

Well, you may have some reasons in one way or the other, but that shouldn't make you to delete your blog post. Anyway, there are no 100 reasons but let me tell you the only reason why you should avoid deleting your blog post.

If you're really conversant with my blog since the first day I started running techshouters.com.ng you will noticed that I have deleted some of my blog posts which caused a big problems to my blog.

I wasn't know the consequences until I received email from Google search console where they stated that my blog is getting 100% bounce rate. I was like OMG!

Though it doesn't affect my organic ranking but bounce rate kills blog. Why? Because, visitors no longer spend much time reading your blog posts.

Once they visit your blog and noticed that there is little or no explanation on what they are looking for, they will hover to another blog instantly. Sometimes, going out of point also causes bounce rate. But deleting a blog post causes the major effects.

Remember that before you delete your blog post, the post has already been indexed on Google, meanwhile even if you deleted the post it would continuously appearing on Google when ever someone search for a related content but when the person click on your post tittle it would show that the content is no longer on your site. And this usually send back your visitors and suck down your blog traffic.

How do you feel when you try to make an urgent call...booom!!!...you noticed that the number you're trying to call is kindly switched off. Very annoying right?

The same thing happened to your visitors when they are looking for a particular information from your blog and they finally find out that the information is no longer existing in your blog

How To Handle Old Blog Posts Without Deleting Them

Read full post: https://www.techshouters.com.ng/2019/11/100-reasons-why-you-should-avoid-deleting-your-blog-post.html?m=1#more

(1) (Reply)

Building An Email List! / Internet Marketing: You've Tried It All, But We Have The Winning Strategies / Build A Website For A New College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.