Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? (8406 Views)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / How To Calculate Your Income Tax In Nigeria (Ugometrics) / Advert Rates In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by 50kobo: 7:40pm On May 23, 2007
Does anyone know where i can find information about the business and income tax rates in Nigeria? Thanks.
Re: Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by 50kobo: 2:57pm On May 25, 2007
i take it that we dont pay taxes in nigeria? no one ? hello any response?
Re: Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by skybaba(m): 3:04pm On May 25, 2007
I kind of have the same opinion.
Countries like the UK live solely on the task of the people, imagin paying 40% tax, na Govt u dey work for??
Re: Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by easimoni(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2007
@ 50kobo,
I pay an income tax of 22% of my income to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (the BAT man). Based on my datbase of company results, banks pay ~15% of thier earnings as tax. For other companies, it seems to be all over the place.

A google search of "Nigeria Tax Rates" came up with this link that shows income tax rates are 30% but can be reduced to 20% for certain industries (Agric, manufacturing, ). Interesting! Also has info on VAT, dividend withholding tax and PPT.

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/Africa/Nigeria-TAXATION.html

50kobo, next time do your own homework and don't rely on efikos like me! cheesy
Re: Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by 50kobo: 4:28pm On May 25, 2007
@ easimoni thanks for the info, i did my homework- although im not an efiko like you grin i couldnt understand the whole tax thing in nigeria, seems complicated, so many taxes and i was looking for somewhere i cud find a break down of all the taxes (both state and federal).
Re: Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by FLT123(m): 9:29pm On May 27, 2007
Taxes are complicated all over the world. Get a tax consultant.
Re: Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by adconline(m): 1:00am On May 28, 2007
here are  some links for Federal Inland Revenue and Ministry of Finance

http://www.fmf.gov.ng/detail.php?link=firscharter
http://www.firs.gov.ng/
Re: Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by jenny2007(f): 11:20am On May 28, 2007
do we actually pay income tax in Nigeria. if we do then why do most people only get their Tax Clearance Certificate only when they want to hold an important political position. Some1 pls correct here if i'm wrong!
Re: Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by 50kobo: 4:39pm On May 28, 2007
@ adconline

thanks for the info. most useful info!
Re: Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by Olufidu(m): 5:57pm On May 28, 2007
@  jenny2007,

Majority evade tax! The tax law is there but who cares!?!?!?? As long there is a "short cut" to it, trust my fellow country men. However, there are companies that can not "help it" like the multinantionals, they dare not or else they will get their as***s burnt. One can actually get one's clearance anytime if one has been paying taxes but with the nornal Naija little stress though.

@ FLT123,

Taxes are no rocket science! Those that handle it are not super humans; it is only that they are priviledged to have the related info and in Nija getting info is stressful.

@ adconline,

Great! I must confess that I tripped when I saw nija gov links u posted. I have not been there though, I hope the desired info are there.
Re: Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by mdjo(m): 9:00pm On May 28, 2007
@50 kobo
Taxation in Nigeria, #:-S thats serious man. Will that ever work?
Re: Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by JJay1(m): 12:50pm On May 29, 2007
NAija is a Tax free country, Hurray
Re: Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by heavyde: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2007
i do think nigeria pay taxes because back in 80's and 90's without your parent tax clearance you will not be admitede to school or take a free education programe has things change
Re: Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? by heavyde: 8:08pm On Jun 07, 2007
heavy de:

i do think Nigeria pay taxes because back in 80's and 90's without your parent tax clearance you will not be admitted to school or take a free education program has things change

(1) (Reply)

MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% / Overcoming The Nigerian Factor In Your Business / Need Information On Setting Up A Standard All-in-one Printing Press

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.