Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,612 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program (1484 Views)

Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) / N78.9 Billion: Gov.wike Praises President Buhari, Invites Him To Rivers State / IMF Praises FG Over Adoption Of Finance Act, Deep Offshore Basin Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by maimalari: 8:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has praised Vice President Yemi Osinbajo for the successes recorded by the Buhari government Social Investment Programmes (SIPs) in empowering the poor and improving the welfare of beneficiaries.
Governor Wike who was represented by Rivers State deputy governor, Dr. Mrs. Ipalibo Harry-Banigo commended the Vice President for the great work he is doing for the nation.
The encomiums by the Rivers governor comes weeks after the Emir of Daura, Alhaji Faruk Umar, commended Prof. Osinbajo for being the most trustworthy Vice President who has Nigeria’s best interest at heart.

He also lauded the Vice President for his loyalty and commitment to the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Speaking during the Great Minds Summit in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, where the VP was Special Guest of Honour and delivered the keynote address, Harry-Banigo said Osinbajo has been doing great work for the Nation, noting that the VP connected with all Nigerians everywhere he went.

She said, “Your Excellency, when our Daddy in the Lord, General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Adeboye, was speaking about how we are going to be from great might to greater might and how we should use this to help the poor, immediately I thought about our Vice President and all the good work he has been doing in this great Nation.
“I remember vividly the effects of the Social Investment Programmes all over this country and Local Government Areas. I recall on an occasion, I had the privilege of riding with him (VP) in Bonny where I represented His Excellency, the Governor, at the flag-off of the Bonny-Bodo road and we got to a section of the road and there were so many men and women carry N-Power placards and in all his humility, he stopped the convoy, he needed to come down and talk to them and ask them how the programme had impacted their lives.”

Expressing delight in Osinbajo’s presence in the State, the Rivers Deputy Governor said she believed that the Vice President “is a man whom God has given the vision and he is giving to the country what he knows, what the country should have as his own contribution of what God has blessed him to be.”

She added, “We are very proud and happy, honoured to have him in Rivers State and in this part of the State. In fact, Marine Base is a good place Your Excellency to come and talk to us because he was asking me, ‘what section of this town is this?’ I said it’s called Marine Base.

I had not gotten in the discussion of telling him about Marine Base, but I am sure the pastor sitting next to him would tell you how much several outreaches have done in the area. Only last week Sunday, I was speaking in a church in Marine Base and telling us how we have to reach out, reach in and reach further and see our churches not just as buildings, but as building without walls.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/11/wike-lauds-osinbajo-for-empowering-the-poor-improving-welfare/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by rottennaija(m): 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
Wike is no longer fighting the FG.

1 Like

Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by maimalari: 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
It’s getting more obvious of a political realignment ahead of the 2023 presidential elections. The South-south Seems to know politics more than some of their neighbors.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
I love Wike, but to be frank, he has failed Rivers people as regards youths empowerment and employment.

1 Like

Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by maimalari: 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
wizzyrich:
I love Wike, but to be frank, he has failed Rivers people as regards youths empowerment and employment.

That isn’t correct. I was in portharcourt last month when Wike flagged off construction of 3 flyovers by Julius Berger. In his speech, he emphasized a condition, that Berger absorb indigenous locals, train them and involve them throughout the duration of the project.

1 Like

Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by Lydia696: 9:35pm On Nov 17, 2019
It a good one the N-Power will help the Nigeria youth and unemployed to have something doing great next level administration

1 Like

Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by omenka(m): 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2019
Wike has seen the handwriting on the wall and is already positioning himself for his political future.

These are just the preliminary steps. Next big step would be mending fences with Amaechi after which he'd shove a big ol spear right through the heart of pdp.

You heard it from me first. grin

5 Likes

Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by Arubajagz: 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2019
No matter how garrulous Wike might be, he knows when to side with the truth for the sake of the people of Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by omenka(m): 9:41pm On Nov 17, 2019
Very soon, pdp will become isolated to three desolate states after Umahi and Obiano decamp from their respective parties to APC. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by babyfaceafrica: 9:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
maimalari:

That isn’t correct. I was in portharcourt last month when Wike flagged off construction of 3 flyovers by Julius Berger. In his speech, he emphasized a condition, that Berger absorb indigenous locals, train them and involve them throughout the duration of the project.
audio condition
Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
maimalari:

I hope you know this is Wike's second tenure. The flyovers in question have not kicked off to count that as youth Empowerment and employment.

By the way, what is number of workers that will solve the employment crisis in Rivers State with millions stranded.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by FakeManna: 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
[s]
omenka:
Very soon, pdp will become isolated to three desolate states after Umahi and Obiano decamp from the respective parties to APC. wink
[/s]
shut up
Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by FakeManna: 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
[s]
omenka:
Wike has seen the handwriting on the wall and is already positioning himself for his political future.

These are just the preliminary steps. Next big step would be mending fences with Amaechi after which he'd shove a big ol spear right through the heart of pdp.

You heard it from me first. grin
[/s]
trash
Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by Nwadiuto247: 10:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
omenka:
Very soon, pdp will become isolated to three desolate states after Umahi and Obiano decamp from the respective parties to APC. wink

Just yesterday Imo state was under APC and APC spoilt that state, left it desolate

Today you confirm the evil works of APC in Imo but you want to blame it on PDP. Shame on you for displaying your insincerity.
Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2019
maimalari:

Amaechi built primary health centers and schools in all the LGA's, employed teachers, health workers, Timariff and even paid bursary to Rivers state students. Wike's employment is only audio employment.

PDP might find it difficult in the next election if the governor does not do something about this.

1 Like

Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by ojokolax: 11:27pm On Nov 17, 2019
Surely one needs to be a nuclear physicist to still refute the impact that N-Power and the other SIP's have had on the lives of youths across the country.
Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by maimalari: 5:24am On Nov 18, 2019
wizzyrich:
Amaechi built primary health centers and schools in all the LGA's, employed teachers, health workers, Timariff and even paid bursary to Rivers state students. Wike's employment is only audio employment.

PDP might find it difficult in the next election if the governor does not do something about this.
Ofcourse nobody can compare Amaechi’s achievements to Wike or anyother Gov in Nigeria since 1999. Amaechi's performance is top notch. No doubt.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by allthingsgood: 5:49am On Nov 18, 2019
Ok o
Same people that were calling osibanjo names during elections, while some ingrates and morons that govt was trying to help also join them
Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by mrvitalis(m): 5:58am On Nov 18, 2019
maimalari:
It’s getting more obvious of a political realignment ahead of the 2023 presidential elections. The South-south Seems to know politics more than some of their neighbors.
Oga east rejected buhari and would do that again and again even if we knew the result and every rightful thinking Nigerian should do so

The east vote candidate not party ...APC have not presented a candidate that should win in the east and didn't win

South east governors even organized people to attend APC rally if thats not matured politics then I don't know what it is again

If not voting buhari would cost us 2023 then its a small price to pay
Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by otokx(m): 6:55am On Nov 18, 2019
Politics is all about alignment and realignment.
Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by fyneguy: 10:47am On Nov 18, 2019
mrvitalis:

Oga east rejected buhari and would do that again and again even if we knew the result and every rightful thinking Nigerian should do so

The east vote candidate not party ...APC have not presented a candidate that should win in the east and didn't win

South east governors even organized people to attend APC rally if thats not matured politics then I don't know what it is again

lol small indeed
Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by maimalari: 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
mrvitalis:

You people are waiting for Apc to bring out angels from heaven b4 you can vote for them? Kontinu. Pdp that brought rags like recent abia and imo governor, na them una vote abu. Just kontinu fooling urself
Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by mrvitalis(m): 2:45am On Nov 19, 2019
maimalari:

You people are waiting for Apc to bring out angels from heaven b4 you can vote for them? Kontinu. Pdp that brought rags like recent abia and imo governor, na them una vote abu. Just kontinu fooling urself
IMO governor was the best candidate and so far he is doing wonderfully well

Abia APC refused to respect zoning ...they were never serious
Re: Wike Praises FG N-power And Social Welfare Program by Charleys: 6:48am On Nov 19, 2019
H

(1) (Reply)

Senator Hope Uzodimma To Be Sworn In As Imo State Governor Tomorrow / Important!!! Before You Buy A Facemask, Please See This (Photo, Video) / 90 DAY UNLTIMATUM GIVEN TO GOVT RE: FORCE MAJEURE OR ELSE NIGERIA ENDS - NINAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.