Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

What Are Your Top 3 Lessons From Getting To Your First Million? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Are Your Top 3 Lessons From Getting To Your First Million? (503 Views)

How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts / Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Top 3 Lessons From Getting To Your First Million? by elefind(m): 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
What Are Your Top 3 Lessons From Getting To Your First Million?
Re: What Are Your Top 3 Lessons From Getting To Your First Million? by Phil124: 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
Let me park my danfo here and wait for the elders.. smiley
Re: What Are Your Top 3 Lessons From Getting To Your First Million? by Nickisindigo(m): 11:32pm On Nov 17, 2019
the highest money I got is 166k
Re: What Are Your Top 3 Lessons From Getting To Your First Million? by deyink1: 11:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
Space booked
Re: What Are Your Top 3 Lessons From Getting To Your First Million? by ForeThinker: 1:10am On Nov 18, 2019
Get rich or due trying

No free food in free town
Re: What Are Your Top 3 Lessons From Getting To Your First Million? by SoNature(m): 6:23am On Nov 18, 2019
elefind:
What Are Your Top 3 Lessons From Getting To Your First Million?

1. Being self-employed helps because you can never be richer than your employer.

2. Always look for innovative ways to cut your overheads as a self-employed hustler

3. Stay away from girls. Girls perceive money from afar. When they realize you are comfortable, they will want to be friends with you (this is a real-life experience)

4. Always learn a new skill. At the rate the world is moving, the most sought-afer skills will become useless before long

5. Please don't invest your little savings in a business you won't be directly involved in because you wish to make more money. Most Nigerians are mean. It's better your little savings are safely kept in your account than taking senseless risk to invest in a friend's business that may collapse tomorrow.

6. Don't try to impress people. Give, but don't accept that you have all the time.

7. Don't lend any money you cannot afford to forefeit. If a friend asks that you lend him 100k for business, dash him 5-10k. Tell him that's the best you can do. If he accepts the money, he holds no grudge against you.

8. Save! Save and save! People say that if you save money, money will save you.

9. Be humble and never give that person who always pay you a reason to believe you are incompetent. Make sure you satisfy him and ask for his honest review

10. If you must be self-employed, make sure you are doing something you like. If you start something newly, you may not start making money at the drop of a hat (this is not always the case). However, the only reason you won't get frustrated and give up is IF you like what you do. But then, before long, money will start rolling in because you do it so perfectly and effortlessly too.

I can go on and on.

Well, I learned the hard way, especially #1 cry

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Top 3 Lessons From Getting To Your First Million? by Danirose007(m): 9:14am On Nov 18, 2019
SoNature:

1. Being self-employed helps because you can never be richer than your employer.

2. Always look for innovative ways to cut your overheads as a self-employed hustler

3. Stay away from girls. Girls perceive money from afar. When they realize you are comfortable, they will want to be friends with you (this is a real-life experience)

4. Always learn a new skill. At the rate the world is moving, the most sought-afer skills will become useless before long

5. Please don't invest your little savings in a business you won't be directly involved in because you wish to make more money. Most Nigerians are mean. It's better your little savings are safely kept in your account than taking senseless risk to invest in a friend's business that may collapse tomorrow.

6. Don't try to impress people. Give, but don't accept that you have all the time.

7. Don't lend any money you cannot afford to forefeit. If a friend asks that you lend him 100k for business, dash him 5-10k. Tell him that's the best you can do. If he accepts the money, he holds no grudge against you.

9. Be humble and never give that person who always pay you a reason to believe you are incompetent. Make sure you satisfy him and ask for his honest review

10. If you must be self-employed, make sure you are doing something you like. If you start something newly, you may not start making money at the drop of a hat (this is not always the case). However, the only reason you won't get frustrated and give up is IF you like what you do. But then, before long, money will start rolling in because you do it so perfectly and effortlessly too.

I can go on and on.

Valid points Man... Especially number 3
Re: What Are Your Top 3 Lessons From Getting To Your First Million? by elefind(m): 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2019
SoNature:

I can go on and on.

100% correct.

(1) (Reply)

Scrap Vessels Forsale In Lagos / Truck Of Long Grain Rice Available In Jalingo,taraba N16,000 / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.