Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,487 members, 7,958,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:15 PM

Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge (14743 Views)

Nigeria Will Remain In Darkness Except FG Pays Our N1.6trn – GENCOS / Gas Shortage: Blackout Looms Nationwide As Gencos Cut Generation / Electricity Workers Begin Nationwide Strike, Blackout Looms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 18, 2019
francisisking:
what is blackout?? here in Japan we don't know that.

Because in Japan, people don't refuse to pay their bills, or do illegal connection, or bribe the power company workers to provide illegal connections, or do connections illegally, or chase DISCO workers away...plus their power companies are allowed to charge at and above the cost of production meaning they can make enough profit to improve power supply, and also people are willing to invest in power supply as a result.

Here in Nigeria, we want power free of charge. The government and the people don't pay their bills on time or at all, and DISCOS are in a financail deficit of N4trillion. NBET too is owing N1 trillion. GENCOS are finding it doffocilt to pay for gas because gas suppliers want their price in dollars, and people bribe Disco workers to illegally conenct them, plus illegal connectors chase people away

Plus in Japan, people don't carry and vandalise power supply lines and equipment the way we do it here.

You can blame me for blaming the masses, but Japan works not because they have a perfect government (corruption and misgovernance dey, plus their debt makes Nigeria's own look like chicken change)...but because people are responsible and behave civilzed. Here in Nigeria, we behave like a bunch of uncultured people...we sabotage anything good....and then we expect the things we sabotage to work like nothing happened.

Until we are willing to change..not APC/Lai change, nothing will change in power sector. And it starts by us paying for the power we want. We cannot be hiding behind poverty forever .

P.S Japan pays .43 dollars per kwh as bills. Nigeria..our highest rate is 0.18 dollars per kwh. We dey get what we are paying for.

P.P.S: Japan is an industrial nation, whose income is dependent on having a constant power supply. Nigeria is dependent on oil and agriculture, which don't necessarily need power supply to work.

3 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by Skseries: 9:58am On Nov 18, 2019
When u have clueless ppl in government, headed by one proud Mr I know it all
Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by anonimi: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by notoriousbabe: 10:03am On Nov 18, 2019
sweetonugbu:
Blackout,strike,bad government policy etc but no protest, this political charm de work truely
na foreign charm,no be local and na original, no be aba made

2 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by LOGOBELT: 10:04am On Nov 18, 2019
We are so screwed

Buy Original Laptop Charger and Laptop Battery at low price, Check my Signature for Contact Details.
Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by edoairways: 10:07am On Nov 18, 2019
Nonsense cool

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 18, 2019
edoairways:
Nonsense cool

Do Chinese people chase electricity workers with cutlass, refuse to pay their bills, bribe workers to do illegal connection, vandalise power lines and equipment, and do poor planning?

For China to get there, people had to realize that they too have responsibilites.
Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by mechanics(m): 10:18am On Nov 18, 2019
Edygrin:
I don't understand. Did we ever have light?
There is light but not constant but manageable.
Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by edoairways: 10:20am On Nov 18, 2019
Kanade21:

Do Chinese people chase electricity workers with cutlass, refuse to pay their bills, bribe workers to do illegal connection, vandalise power lines and equipment, and do poor planning?

For China to get there, people had to realize that they too have responsibilites.

Does that warrant power cut for days? A mere lighting without rain trip off power supply for days

1 Like

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by malware: 10:23am On Nov 18, 2019
Every bad thing looms in this country

1 Like

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by Distinctnoble89(m): 10:23am On Nov 18, 2019

1 Like

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 18, 2019
edoairways:

Does that warrant power cut for days? A mere lighting without rain trip off power supply for days

Yes, because due to the fact that Nigeria isn't paying the right price for power, our DISCOS and GENCOS cannot buy the kind of equipment that would work properly in all weather.

Thanks to the fact that many of us don't pay our bills...or refuse to pay, the banks won't give our electrical industry financing for power...because they know they won't be able to pay back the loans...

And thanks to the law that keeps prices artifically low, our power companies are short of cash anyway, and no investor would come (because they would be operating at a loss).

Yes, government should do something. But to be honest, since 2014, power has largely been in private hands. And that means we pay more, or we keep on getting less than 6 hours of power a day...because that's what we are really paying for/what we can afford.

Since we are 'poor'

1 Like

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by Area4Area: 10:33am On Nov 18, 2019
Kanade21:

Because in Japan, people don't refuse to pay their bills, or do illegal connection, or bribe the power company workers to provide illegal connections, or do connections illegally, or chase DISCO workers away...plus their power companies are allowed to charge at and above the cost of production meaning they can make enough profit to improve power supply, and also people are willing to invest in power supply as a result.

Here in Nigeria, we want power free of charge. The government and the people don't pay their bills on time or at all, and DISCOS are in a financail deficit of N4trillion. NBET too is owing N1 trillion. GENCOS are finding it doffocilt to pay for gas because gas suppliers want their price in dollars, and people bribe Disco workers to illegally conenct them, plus illegal connectors chase people away

Plus in Japan, people don't carry and vandalise power supply lines and equipment the way we do it here.

You can blame me for blaming the masses, but Japan works not because they have a perfect government (corruption and misgovernance dey, plus their debt makes Nigeria's own look like chicken change)...but because people are responsible and behave civilzed. Here in Nigeria, we behave like a bunch of uncultured people...we sabotage anything good....and then we expect the things we sabotage to work like nothing happened.

Until we are willing to change..not APC/Lai change, nothing will change in power sector. And it starts by us paying for the power we want. We cannot be hiding behind poverty forever .

P.S Japan pays .43 dollars per kwh as bills. Nigeria..our highest rate is 0.18 dollars per kwh. We dey get what we are paying for.

Bia nwokem, who pour this kind oil inside your brain, you just don't want me to add to this topic.
Over sense go kee you o, one person start and finish topic with enough facts.
Next time, just state some facts and allow others to add theirs because you're so wicked and selfish with this post, I don't even know how to come in again. Lol
Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 18, 2019
Area4Area:
Bia nwokem, who pour this kind oil inside your brain, you just don't want me to add to this topic.
Over sense go kee you o, one person start and finish topic with enough facts.
Next time, just state some facts and allow others to add theirs because you're so wicked and selfish with this post, I don't even know how to come in again. Lol

cheesy

P.S : It is not that I enjoy making such posts, because ultimately it is like I am letting the government off the hook/blaming the masses. (I'm not. Government even makes things worse by not making the sector attractive to investors by allowing them to charge what they want, as they did in the GSM sector...which by the way had to start from scratch) But the thing is, speaking as someone who has relatives who run their businesses...the key to running a business is not selling on credit 100% of the time.

Here in Nigeria, we want electric power on credit. In real life it costs money. Lots of money.

1 Like

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by sweetonugbu: 10:41am On Nov 18, 2019
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

It is not a political charm niggarrr

We all in Nigeria are bunch of Moda fuckkking hypocrites!

The truth of the matter my nigggar is that we are no longer interested in the development of Nigeria.
Every individual now want to get to the top and steal from the national cake
is that the best for the country and the generation to come?.
Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by Area4Area: 10:43am On Nov 18, 2019
Kanade21:

cheesy

P.S : It is not that I enjoy making such posts, because ultimately it is like I am letting the government off the hook/blaming the masses. (I'm not. Government even makes things worse by not making the sector attractive to investors by allowing them to charge what they want, as they did in the GSM sector...which by the way had to start from scratch) But the thing is, speaking as someone who has relatives who run their businesses...the key to running a business is not selling on credit 100% of the time.

Here in Nigeria, we want electric power on credit. In real life it costs money. Lots of money.
Bros your earlier post was 1001% correct and in order and I was just being sarcastic, you stated all the factors causing the problems we are facing and I couldn't help but marvel that some brains still harbour that much knowledge, kudos to you.

Till now I still don't know what to add to your post because you killed and buried it finally, kudos again, oil full your brain

2 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by Mummyfour(f): 11:24am On Nov 18, 2019
Blackout that has been looming since time Imo river. Mcheeew!!! Blackout that has developed muscles and has occupied a permanent space in Nigeria unchallenged. Abeg Nigeria govt stop making us believe you guys are working. Power na standby source, while I pass my neighbor is the main source.

1 Like

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by jaxxy(m): 11:36am On Nov 18, 2019
Confusion
Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by JayPeeOham: 11:37am On Nov 18, 2019
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

It is not a political charm niggarrr

We all in Nigeria are bunch of Moda fuckkking hypocrites!

The truth of the matter my nigggar is that we are no longer interested in the development of Nigeria.
Every individual now want to get to the top and steal from the national cake

If only we can have just one real nigarrr up there
Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by carlleung(m): 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
francisisking:
what is blackout?? here in Japan we don't know that.

Japan is too far my brother....here in Ghana we don't know what's black talk more of out wink

1 Like

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by Edygrin(m): 12:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
mechanics:
There is light but not constant but manageable.

Oga nearly can never kill a bird. There's no light, Nigeria is in darkness. We should stop this mentality of accepting everything the government throws at us in the form of it's "manageable". Is ASO rock using manageable electricity?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by DBlackCeazer(m): 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2019
sweetonugbu:
Blackout,strike,bad government policy etc but no protest, this political charm de work truely
my bro, tribalism, cowardice, greed no go let us shine

3 Likes

Re: Blackout Looms As Gencos Threaten Shutdown Over Charge by mechanics(m): 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
Edygrin:

Oga nearly can never kill a bird. There's no light, Nigeria is in darkness. We should stop this mentality of accepting everything the government throws at us in the form of it's "manageable". Is ASO rock using manageable electricity?
hahahahah

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chief Festus Sam Okotie-eboh: Nigeria`s Most Flamboyant Politician / Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare / Court Of Appeal Upholds Abba Kabir Yusuf As PDP Candidate In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.