Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Need Help. My 2001 Infiniti QX4 Engine Smoking And Shortening Oil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Help. My 2001 Infiniti QX4 Engine Smoking And Shortening Oil (912 Views)

What's The Solution To Car Engine Smoking / Engine Smoking After Washing With Diesel / My Engine Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help. My 2001 Infiniti QX4 Engine Smoking And Shortening Oil by lakun2013: 9:28am On Nov 18, 2019
Please I have issues with my 2001Infiniti QX4. Engine smokes in the morning and after parking for a long time. Also shortens oil. My mechanic is suggesting I buy a tokunbo engine. Experts in the house, please help. Text or Whatsapp me 08080703505
Attn
Trygo
Gazzuz
Valarinz
Re: Need Help. My 2001 Infiniti QX4 Engine Smoking And Shortening Oil by nurey(m): 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2019
lakun2013:
Please I have issues with my 2001Infiniti QX4. Engine smokes in the morning and after parking for a long time. Also shortens oil. My mechanic is suggesting I buy a tokunbo engine. Experts in the house, please help. Text or Whatsapp me 08080703505
Attn

Engine smokes in the morning and after parking for long. Normally engine shows smoke in the morning when you just start it which is actually steam not smoke and would only do that for 1 to 2minutes unless it is raining or the weather is very very cold.

But if you are certain Engine is smoking, what is the color noticed is it black, blue or what?

Also shortens oil

if your Engine shortens oil, it could be an internal or external leak, so check around the Engine area if you notice oil stains, also start the car and leave gear in park or neutral and depress the accelerator to 2500rpm then check the exhaust if smoke is oozing out then you have an internal leak (it's a 2man job)
Re: Need Help. My 2001 Infiniti QX4 Engine Smoking And Shortening Oil by pek(m): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2019
Change engine! EOD
Re: Need Help. My 2001 Infiniti QX4 Engine Smoking And Shortening Oil by TRYGO(m): 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2019
My instincts tells me, the colour from your exhaust tailpipe is BLUEISH.

1. As long as this happens when the engine is cold, and after parking for a while, that depicts your valve stem seals are weak, and have lot their abilities to seal the intake/exhaust valves port.

2. The oil shortages you're experiencing means the oil rings are also weak, and can't provide the necessary oil wiping of the cylinder bores(walls).

Should you replaced the engine?
Its up to you here. If you've got the cash, and you're comfortable, and certain about the engine you're getting, then go ahead.

Regards,
Joseph
Re: Need Help. My 2001 Infiniti QX4 Engine Smoking And Shortening Oil by TRYGO(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
My instincts tells me, the colour from your exhaust tailpipe is BLUEISH.

1. As long as this happens when the engine is cold, and after parking for a while, that depicts your valve stem seals are weak, and have lot their abilities to seal the intake/exhaust valves port.

2. The oil shortages you're experiencing means the oil rings are also weak, and can't provide the necessary oil wiping of the cylinder bores(walls).

Should you replaced the engine?
Its up to you here. If you've got the cash, and you're comfortable, and certain about the engine you're getting, then go ahead.

Alternatively, usually replacing the valve seals and oil rings takes care of the problems.

Choose what works for you.

Regards,
Joseph

(1) (Reply)

Honda Jazz For Sale In Kenya : Another Miracle In The Limelight / 2006 Fiat Double Mini-cargo Van. #1.35 / Toyota Corolla 2009 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.