Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail (2387 Views)

See Nnamdi Kanu’s Facial Expression When He Was Denied Bail (photos) / Lecturer Dr Danfulani Arrested For Criticizing Buhari On Facebook Denied Bail / 5 Impersonators Of Salisu Buhari, Buhari’s First Son Denied Bail (2) (3) (4)

Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by mbulela: 10:41am On Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nigerian rebel leader Henry Okah. File Picture.
Credit: AFP

"Your bail application is denied," Magistrate Hein Louw said.

He stated that evidence given by Okah when he took the stand failed to convince the court that he was not the leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta (MEND).

"The most damning evidence is that in a letter written in her handwriting the applicant's wife refers to him as being the leader of MEND," Louw said.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/article772341.ece/Okah-denied-bail
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by Blazay(m): 11:27am On Nov 19, 2010
A terrorist from the Southern part of Nigeria? shocked

Oh no.

I must be dreaming. The North is slacking.

Is MEND an almajiri group from Northern Nigeria? wink

Aluta!
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by babyme1(f): 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2010
^^^^
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by mutw(m): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2010
mbulela:

Ex-Nigerian rebel leader Henry Okah. File Picture.
Credit: AFP

"Your bail application is denied," Magistrate Hein Louw said.

He stated that evidence given by Okah when he took the stand failed to convince the court that he was not the leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta (MEND).

"The most damning evidence is that in a letter written in her handwriting the applicant's wife refers to him as being the leader of MEND," Louw said.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/article772341.ece/Okah-denied-bail

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by drmoney: 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2010
This is getting messier than (He) envisaged.
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by wesley80(m): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2010
He got nailed!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by jmaine: 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2010
Blazay:

A terrorist from the Southern part of Nigeria? shocked

Oh no.

I must be dreaming. The North is slacking.

Is MEND an almajiri group from Northern Nigeria? wink

Aluta!

Must you add some ethnic dimension to any post you see.That is way too cheap of you to always reason that way. we could do with some upright replies from you
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by missionma(m): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2010
I wonder the kind of heart those people have angry

I wish he remains there forever.
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by Mkpotu(m): 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2010
No court in this world should ordinarily grant him bail, the guy and their family are complete terrorist, they can be best described as threat to humanity!!! Imagine the number of people he killed and threatening to do more and he is asking for bail, to go and do what?
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by Beaf: 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2010
Poor morafucker! He justs needs to be extradited to Nigeria now, our security men would love to host him in one of their numerous godforsaken underground dungeons. South African jails ain't exactly up to scratch.

jmaine:

Must you add some ethnic dimension to any post you see.That is way too cheap of you to always reason that way. we could do with some upright replies from you

Don't ask for too much!
Goat s.h.i.it blocked the reasoning parts of Blazays lil brain many years ago. embarassed
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by chosen04(f): 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2010
This is the funniest Judgement in recent time. . . . . . . . . .If the Judge is basing his Judgement on a written document why was he postponing the judgement all these while cos he was yet to listen to the govt cook CDs. . . .

How come the jugdement said no thing about the CDs the judge claimed was very vital in deciding the bail applications. . . . . . .

And with SSS discovering car supposedly intended to be used in the bomb blast a day before the judgement,  it was obvious how the bail applications was going to go.
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by hakanai(m): 5:02pm On Nov 19, 2010
where is the Northern sponsors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin IBB, ciroma . I am yet to see one northern name ooo!!! I was told to wait for more suspects and still. Yawn, getting tired of this
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2010
henry okah from beafs hero to beaf's zero cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by Beaf: 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2010
oyb:

henry okah from beafs hero to beaf's zero cheesy cheesy cheesy

As always, my arse is for you to lick. Its quite flattering.
Follow me around, observe my every word, hold me in awe and wonder and dance to my tune like a zombie puppy! grin
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2010
Beaf:

As always, my arse is for you to lick. Its quite flattering.
Follow me around, observe my every word, hold me in awe and wonder and dance to my tune like a zombie puppy! grin

my oh my some of us have such overinflated opinions of ourselves cheesy cheesy cheesy

better than trying to deny that you have celebrated okah as a hero in the past tongue
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by Beaf: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2010
oyb:

my oh my some of us have such overinflated opinions of ourselves cheesy cheesy cheesy

better than trying to deny that you have celebrated okah as a hero in the past tongue

You're doing a brilliant job of inflating my ego!
Imagine me a mere mortal, having a vassal like you who ignores everything else to fawn over my every word like a demented worshipper. Dude, you always leak my arse.
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by icconium(m): 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2010
Thank God his bail was denied we all give glory and honour to God when you release a terrorist who is thirty for blood he go out and kill more innocent people. Once again thank God.
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by andyanders: 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2010
OKA SHOULD BE MADE TO PAY FOR THE LIVES OF THE ONES HE TOOK ON NIGERIA 50TH ANNIVASORY. HE SHOULD BE KILLED TOO
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by Maxidoe(m): 11:26pm On Nov 19, 2010
chosen04:

This is the funniest Judgement in recent time. . . . . . . . . .If the Judge is basing his Judgement on a written document why was he postponing the judgement all these while cos he was yet to listen to the govt cook CDs. . . .

How come the jugdement said no thing about the CDs the judge claimed was very vital in deciding the bail applications. . . . . . .

And with SSS discovering car supposedly intended to be used in the bomb blast a day before the judgement,  it was obvious how the bail applications was going to go.

So what is your point and what are you insinuating? all indices points to the fact that he is most likely guilty.The best we can do for the lives this beast and his cohorts have taken is to ensure that he is brought to justice, he is fuking criminal for crying out loud,and he has always being.And the coward act of lying that a government official told him to blame northern politicians is even more insulting. He was said to have had an interview with Al-jazera which was later found to be false, till today he has not named that so called government official he said called him, i wish you understand what his allegations on the blame of north could have caused.
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by Ninapha(f): 10:19am On Nov 20, 2010
Maxidoe:

So what is your point and what are you insinuating? all indices points to the fact that he is most likely guilty.The best we can do for the lives this beast and his cohorts have taken is to ensure that he is brought to justice, he is fuking criminal for crying out loud,and he has always being.And the coward act of lying that a government official told him to blame northern politicians is even more insulting. He was said to have had an interview with Al-jazera which was later found to be false, till today he has not named that so called government official he said called him, i wish you understand what his allegations on the blame of north could have caused.

I was going to ask for Chosen04 when i saw ur reply grin. Chosen04 has remained an ardent supporter and I love your courage.

Henry Okah(alias Maize) should face the music afterall he is a good dancer. Its high time.
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by chosen04(f): 1:22pm On Nov 20, 2010
Maxidoe:

Its only a blind person that will not see that the judge was even footdragging before delivering this judgement. He initial claimed there was no evidence to link OKAH with the Independence bomb blast. Later changed it to he needed time to listen to the nIGERia government produced CD. And how long did it take him to listen to the CD(s)? Your guess is as good as mine.

And yet what was his reason(s) for dening him bail ''Cos he believed he was the leader of MEND?'' How is that related to the independence bomb blast charges? (He founded MEND, accepted Amnesty and moved on while-the real MEND continued to fight the liberation war). Founding MEND and been responsible for Independence bomb blast are two different things.

Its obvious the judge must have been made to compromise his stances on this case. But Truth will always prevail no matter how longer falsehood takes the lead. Mark my words
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by chosen04(f): 1:28pm On Nov 20, 2010
Ninapha:

I was going to ask for Chosen04 when i saw your reply grin. Chosen04 has remained an ardent supporter and I love your courage.

Henry Okah(alias Maize) should face the music afterall he is a good dancer. Its high time.

Am a fan of justices no matter whose ox is gnored. But not the type of JEGA's led govt threatening South African authority to do their bidding (Hope you heard of the threat to nationalise MTN, if SA govt didnt co-operate?)

And with the judge footdragging? It reminds me of the AYOKA ADEBAYO's saga. Did the truth not prevail at last? Chosen04, will never be a blind supporter no matter even if its my father that is involved.
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by becomrich4: 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2010
hmm
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by Maxidoe(m): 11:32pm On Nov 20, 2010
chosen04:

Its only a blind person that will not see that the judge was even footdragging before delivering this judgement. He initial claimed there was no evidence to link OKAH with the Independence bomb blast. Later changed it to he needed time to listen to the nIGERia government produced CD. And how long did it take him to listen to the CD(s)? Your guess is as good as mine.

And yet what was his reason(s) for dening him bail ''Cos he believed he was the leader of MEND?'' How is that related to the independence bomb blast charges? (He founded MEND, accepted Amnesty and moved on while-the real MEND continued to fight the liberation war). Founding MEND and been responsible for Independence bomb blast are two different things.

Its obvious the judge must have been made to compromise his stances on this case. But Truth will always prevail no matter how longer falsehood takes the lead. Mark my words

There is an on going investigation, and denying him bail is because he has been declared a flight risk. The last time i checked he has a lawyer arguing for him, and if he is unable to prove his case beyond reasonable doubt for a bail, then the jury decides.Granting him bail can jeopardize an ongoing investigation, cos this guy has proven to be a great liar, murderer. and serial arms smuggler.And it is only a blind person that would even imagine this guy is innocent, you cant divorce this guy from happenings of October 1st, he said he was contacted by a member of the government to blame the north, even though you deliberately chose to ignore that, so concerning MTN blah blah blah has no truth looks like a lame man's way of reasoning, if you think otherwise put up a link.Once again Henry Okah has always been a criminal
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by HamidO1(m): 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2010
Okah thinks it's Naija where you can walk away with anything, God pass them,
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by Graxie(f): 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2010
There can never be PEACE for the Wicked. Killing people in the name of MILLITANT. Justice must prevail and this is just the beginning.
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2010
Maxidoe:

As much as I agree this man and his ilk should have been put away a long time ago, I fail to see the INDICES you claim point to the fact that he is most likely guilty? Your government has yet to actually reveal solid information linking the man to most anything. What we have mostly gotten are editorials with SSS officers seemingly randomly accusing people of crimes. Not a shred of evidence made public so far. I remember reading how Dokpesi was linked to this and have noticed how the group has almost gone silent on that. Some men were picked up for this and supposedly a welder, who according to the forces confessed he was linked to this, and also claimed the bombs were put together by Okah.

Not saying he is not guilty but what we, the public have been gubbling up, even to this point are guguru and epa stories of how this and that may be into it but no real detailed information on How exactly all the parties fit together in this. Before we run off taking sides, we need to think critically on what we have so far, not rush to judgement the way we are famous for doing.
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by chosen04(f): 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2010
Maxidoe:

There is an on going investigation, and denying him bail is because he has been declared a flight risk. The last time i checked he has a lawyer arguing for him, and if he is unable to prove his case beyond reasonable doubt for a bail, then the jury decides.Granting him bail can jeopardize an ongoing investigation, cos this guy has proven to be a great liar, murderer. and serial arms smuggler.And it is only a blind person that would even imagine this guy is innocent, you cant divorce this guy from happenings of October 1st, he said he was contacted by a member of the government to blame the north, even though you deliberately chose to ignore that, so concerning MTN blah blah blah has no truth looks like a lame man's way of reasoning, if you think otherwise put up a link.Once again Henry Okah has always been a criminal

If he is a flight risk like you claimed, Why didnt the Judge deny him bail outrightly? insteady of singing that rehearsed song of wanting to listen to some poorly cooked CDs by FG.

BTW, what did the Judge mean when he was saying that listening to the CDs was vital to him taking a decision and yet ended up without taking note of anything in the CD(s) . . . .

Is that not enough reasons to read the handwriting on the wall?
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by CGKing(m): 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2010
I no wan know. Finish the guy. Bring him to naija, to one of our squares, let every nigerian line up to give him their own version of a dirty slap . . . before we pass the death sentence.
Re: Nigerian Terror Accused Henry Okah Denied Bail by chosen04(f): 6:00pm On Nov 25, 2010
CGKing:

I no wan know. Finish the guy. Bring him to naija, to one of our squares, let every nigerian line up to give him their own version of a dirty slap . . . before we pass the death sentence.

So at your age u still reason so childishically?

Opinion - The Destruction Of Northern Nigeria By Simon Kolawole / Video: Edo Teacher Can't Read Her Certificate After 20 Years In Teaching / Deputy British High Commissioner Slumps,dies In Lagos Airport

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58