Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

See amazing engineering as high road thrusts right through a skyscraper in Japan - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See amazing engineering as high road thrusts right through a skyscraper in Japan (491 Views)

Tallest Skyscraper In Brooklyn Reaches Peak With 93-Storeys, Opens In 2022(Pics) / Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) / 350ft Tall Artificial Waterfall On The Outside Of A Skyscraper In China(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See amazing engineering as high road thrusts right through a skyscraper in Japan by Lazerone(f): 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
Humans never cease to run out of ideas of ways of solving problems that bother them. The quest to solve problems brings about improvements and new versions of what already is. I guess this quest brings about advancement in development and technology.
The gate tower located in Osaka Japan is one of those problem solved cases. An office complex with a high road piercing through right in the middle. It wasn’t until a made my findings that I knew what led to this amazing engineering feat.
The land was occupied by charcoal and wood companies in the early meiji period. These companies ran out of business as human beings moved from charcoal to other sources of fuel. When the area got approved for development, a high way was planned to be constructed there. Usually the government would buy out the land from the owners, but in this case the owner refused to sell. This was commenced with a five year period of negotiations that settled for something. They would use their land to construct the office building they want to construct, and rent floors 5-7 to the government to build their road. So hanshin expressway cooperation became the tenants of these floors and that was how what you see today came about.
Today the road runs through the building through three floors. The road is wrapped in noise protection walls that keep noise away from the building. The floors adjacent to the high way contains only elevators, stairways and machinery. Inside the building, the elevator does not include buttons for floor 5, 6 and 7. The numbering goes from 1-4, then 8-16.
The building has 16 floors above the ground with two underground floors. It is an office complex belonging to Suezawa Sangyo Co. Ltd. Its height is 71.9m above the ground, was designed by Azusa Sekkei and Yamamoto-Nishihara Kenchiku Sekkei Jimushō and completed in 1992.

This post is solely a property of http://prodesigners.com.ng

Check out more amazing pictures here: http://prodesigners.com.ng/this-high-road-thrusts-the-gate-tower-in-japan/

Re: See amazing engineering as high road thrusts right through a skyscraper in Japan by donbachi(m): 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2019
we have dis in Abuja na...if u are coming from,what is d name of dis place sef.pls help me with d name of d place,its a popular area.

2 Likes

Re: See amazing engineering as high road thrusts right through a skyscraper in Japan by beresponsible(m): 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
In the 1800s oyinbo use to come carry us in Africa by force. Pls let them come again I will not resist.

2 Likes

Re: See amazing engineering as high road thrusts right through a skyscraper in Japan by beresponsible(m): 2:11pm On Nov 18, 2019
donbachi:
we have dis in Abuja na...if u are coming from,what is d name of dis place sef.pls help me with d name of d place,its a popular area.
Coming from zuba to nyanya through this kain bridge for assshole rock

1 Like

Re: See amazing engineering as high road thrusts right through a skyscraper in Japan by cassidy1996(m): 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2019
we have something like this in Asaba
Re: See amazing engineering as high road thrusts right through a skyscraper in Japan by judgementyard(m): 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
It's not new na!
One dey my village for Nnewi grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Roulette Free / How Can I Migrate To Canada Or UK And Get A Job / Please I Want To Travel To Dubai For Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.