Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu (38924 Views)

Aminat Tajudeen, Ilorin Student Slumps, Dies During Lecture / Babangida Ahmad, BUK Student Slumps, Dies In Hostel (Photos) / Imo State University Student Slumps & Dies After Her Project Defence (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by perpeling22(f): 8:48pm On Nov 18, 2019
He might be an asthmatic patient

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Ttipsy(f): 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
PrincessGift:
smh,ode just accept your mistake, stop forming grin
what should I be forming for?!
Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Bloggers: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
titiloyeblog:
A Masters Degree student, Modestus Onah Ekene slumped and died at Okpara square Enugu while jogging alongside members of the Coal City Exercise club on November 9.

According to an eye witness, the deceased said to be in his late thirties and a Nigeria Red Cross Enugu member started panting but no one noticed that he was struggling as the group usually use "Ogene" and "Ichaka" to entertain themselves as they jog round the coal city.

He suddenly slumped and other members
of the club who thought that he had a slip tried to help him up to his feet but to their surprise his body became lifeless.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead by doctors.

Late Modestus hailed from Nsukka and a graduate of clinical psychology from Enugu state university of science and Technology and was until his death, a Master degree student at University of Nigeria Enugu Campus (UNEC).

A friend of the deceased took to Facebook to mourn his death. He wrote;

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/?graphql_id=UzpfSTEwMDAwMjc3MzAzODM1MDoyMDAzMDEzNzc2NDY3NzA0

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/11/masters-degree-student-slumps-dies.html

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
Goldenheart:
lipsrsealed embarassed
He probably died from one of these..
Rhabdomyolysis Electrolyte Imbalance Dehydration....
Electrolyte Imbalance ke??
Do you know what you are saying?
Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Halo22: 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2019
When jogging, always know when you have reached saturation point. Most people over do exercise and it can lead to heart failure.

2 Likes

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Kestolove(m): 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Lazy boy. Just to jug for a few kilometres don turn rocket science. But if na pu*** you for sabi use all your last strength.

Anyways Rest In Peace. May the lord forgive all your sins.
very lazy man
Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Goldenheart(m): 9:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
Jhaytee4all:

Electrolyte Imbalance ke??

Do you know what you are saying?

Sho n be nii undecided

3 Likes

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by ultimatekint(m): 9:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
uuzba:

No need to ridicule him.
When people haven't exercised for long and suddenly resume, it can be fatal.
I injured myself in 4x100relay in school and since then, I can't run without pains. So I don't run at all.
I rode my bicycle as a kid up and down for hours. After 15years, got on a bike and tried again. I couldn't even go more than 20meters. My legs were on fire. Little by little, I was able to build up to 40m, 100m, 500m, 1km, 10km, 20km...
My best so far now is 25km.
Nooooo! I am just expressing my feeling's and pity for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Enemyofpeace: 9:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
See the guy as if him dey sleep for bed. Death fit am well well unlike some people dey go look one kind in death. The guy is at peace wherever he is now
Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
titiloyeblog:
A Masters Degree student, Modestus Onah Ekene slumped and died at Okpara square Enugu while jogging alongside members of the Coal City Exercise club on November 9.

According to an eye witness, the deceased said to be in his late thirties and a Nigeria Red Cross Enugu member started panting but no one noticed that he was struggling as the group usually use "Ogene" and "Ichaka" to entertain themselves as they jog round the coal city.

He suddenly slumped and other members of the club who thought that he had a slip tried to help him up to his feet but to their surprise his body became lifeless.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead by doctors.

Late Modestus hailed from Nsukka and a graduate of clinical psychology from Enugu state university of science and Technology and was until his death, a Master degree student at University of Nigeria Enugu Campus (UNEC).

A friend of the deceased took to Facebook to mourn his death. He wrote;

https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql_permalink/?graphql_id=UzpfSTEwMDAwMjc3MzAzODM1MDoyMDAzMDEzNzc2NDY3NzA0

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/11/masters-degree-student-slumps-dies.html

Idiots, stop snapping dead bodies.

Rip...

He probably had ischemia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by madjune(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
Nigerians and religiosity.

First of all, in your late 30s; don't engage in extensive jogging.
At most, 25mins.
With the average Nigerian fatty diet., most guys have untended cholesterol issues without knowing it.

And when you jog so much, you burden the heart.
Eventually it collapses on you as you keep going.
And that's death, folks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Czarugo007: 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2019
See the kain bed where dem wan stay revive person

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
Goldenheart:

Sho n be nii undecided

nawa ooo... so electrolysis can thus even take place in the body...

nawa oooooooooooooo
Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by PrincessGift(f): 9:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
Ttipsy:
what should I be forming for?!
that ur above mistake tongue tongue
Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Ttipsy(f): 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2019
PrincessGift:
that ur above mistake tongue tongue
lol. thanks nobody is above that
Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Splendor27: 10:17pm On Nov 18, 2019
Rip,something must kill a man either u smoke,or drink or not.....

1 Like

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by SouthSouth1914: 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
midnighter:

Polluted air, bad diet and stress

Too much stress is not good for the heart especially jogging.. Brisk walking is the way to go! Too many people have died from jogging recently.. Can’t we get the message?
Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by YaksonFCA(m): 10:39pm On Nov 18, 2019
RIP
Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by KingRabota: 10:40pm On Nov 18, 2019
Judge , Jury , Executioner

KingAzubuike:
Lazy boy. Just to jug for a few kilometres don turn rocket science. But if na pu*** you for sabi use all your last strength.

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by 21cents: 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
chii8:
There shall be no loss in our life and family in Jesus name.
I wish I could say amen to this but no.. every soul shall taste death. wake up!! look at your family, your parents. it's only matter of time b4 they start passing away one after d other B4 your very eyes. how? when? no one knows. so live a stress free life, do good deeds, and see the world and everything in it as overrated and ephemeral.

3 Likes

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2019
that place fine o
Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by BluntBoy(m): 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
Know when to stop. Don't push yourself to the limit.

No matter what you do in life, pay attention to your heart. Whether you are jogging, walking, running, playing football or even having sex. These activities can kill you if you refuse to pay attention to your heart.

Foe of Cameroon was clearly tired. His coach realized this and wanted to take him out of the game. But Foe said no. He carried on and couldn't finish the game. He died.

How do you pay attention to your heart? When your heart rate is extremely higher than you have ever known it, and you start feeling light headed, it is time to quit whatever you are doing and take some rest.

2 Likes

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by LZAA: 11:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
KingAzubuike:

undecided

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Behira(f): 11:37pm On Nov 18, 2019
KingAzubuike:

STFU if you dont have anything meaningful to say, this man was a very strong and vibrant young man. i remember Awgu Camp during my NYSC days. He was the leader of the Red Cross Team Deployed to help out in camp. I cant believe he is gone. what a pity. RED OH!! CROSS OH!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by DedeNkem: 11:47pm On Nov 18, 2019
Lifestyle and family health history matter a lot when it comes to health.

1 Like

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by midnighter(f): 12:18am On Nov 19, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Too much stress is not good for the heart especially jogging.. Brisk walking is the way to go! Too many people have died from jogging recently.. Can’t we get the message?

Well there's nothing wrong with jogging as long as you are healthy. I guess even brisk walking could cause problems for you if you are sick already

2 Likes

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by midnighter(f): 12:25am On Nov 19, 2019
madjune:

With the average Nigerian fatty diet., most guys have untended cholesterol issues without knowing it.

And when you try to reduce the salt/oil in the food it's enough for him to pack you back to your parents smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Ndipe(m): 2:39am On Nov 19, 2019
May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by Nobody: 3:07am On Nov 19, 2019
chibu4u2:
shocked

The rate at which Nigerians die from jogging is becoming alarming.
The stress of been a Nigerian is enough to kill someone let alone jogging.
Like the first guy said, u jog u die, u no jog u go still die.
Na who don chop bellefull dey jog.
many nigerians are suffering from heart related issues asper naija stress and joining that one with jogging can be disastruous.person wey never jog before no go jus enter start jogging.
Re: UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu by madjune(m): 3:58am On Nov 19, 2019
midnighter:

And when you try to reduce the salt/oil in the food it's enough for him to pack you back to your parents smh

My sister, ignorance is the highest killer of the Nigerian youth.

Sad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Fixes JAMB Application Fee At N2,500, Extends Validity Period To 3 Years / Cows Disrupt School Activities In Benin City (Photos) / Graduate Slips Into Gutter, Drowns After Downpour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.