Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,875 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Can A Chinese Citizen Open A Shop In Nigeria ,lawyers Pleas Help!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can A Chinese Citizen Open A Shop In Nigeria ,lawyers Pleas Help!! (416 Views)

Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) / Emefiele: Oba Otudeko Rebuffed My Pleas On First Bank Crisis / Law Firms In Nigeria - Lawyers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Chinese Citizen Open A Shop In Nigeria ,lawyers Pleas Help!! by smatt1711: 8:02pm On Nov 18, 2019
Pleas Chinese people are opening shops all over the country and selling directly to retailers and end users ,driving our Nigerian business people into an unhealthy competition ,So I want to ask if it is even legal for a Chinese citizen to open and operate a shop in Nigeria. I know foreigners don't visit there factories.

Pleas MODERATOR THIS IS URGENT.help me move it to front page.
Re: Can A Chinese Citizen Open A Shop In Nigeria ,lawyers Pleas Help!! by Officialgarri: 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2019
smatt1711:
Pleas Chinese people are opening shops all over the country and selling directly to retailers and end users ,driving our Nigerian business people into an unhealthy competition ,So I want to ask if it is even legal for a Chinese citizen to open and operate a shop in Nigeria. I know foreigners don't visit there factories.

Pleas MODERATOR THIS IS URGENT.help me move it to front page.
I think as long as they have a registered company name, then they are free to operate.

Ghana has restrictions to what foreign nationalities can operate but I don't know if Nigeria has such a system
Re: Can A Chinese Citizen Open A Shop In Nigeria ,lawyers Pleas Help!! by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
"unhealthy competition" how?!?!?!? they buy the same goods, send it to Nigeria like any other, and sell them to customers like any other retailers.
i dont see how this is an issue.... so long as they have a legit biz and pay their taxs.
Re: Can A Chinese Citizen Open A Shop In Nigeria ,lawyers Pleas Help!! by garyaustin(m): 8:49pm On Nov 18, 2019
It is illegal for foreigners to engage in petty businesses in Nigeria. Nigerian Enterprises Promotion Act 1977 is mainly to restrict the sphere and scope of alien interests in commercial undertakings in Nigeria. The Act provided that aliens should not engage in businesses of less than N2,000,000 annual turnover. Be reminded that N2,000,000 in 1977 was equivalent of about $4,000,000. I don't think that 1977 act has been amended to reflect the realities of today. The Act gave rise to the emergence of the Shoprites, MTN of this world in Nigeria. If the report is true, I encourage the appropriate Agencies to bring them to book. I so submit.
Re: Can A Chinese Citizen Open A Shop In Nigeria ,lawyers Pleas Help!! by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
With due respect Chinese can, get your self a registered business name which is very easy, so long you have your stay permit and other legal papers, Mr. Cheng Restaurant is a small restaurant own by a Chinese, Chinese run small bakeries around, even at Island they run lits of fabrics shops. For your business registration as a Chinese you can contact me.
Re: Can A Chinese Citizen Open A Shop In Nigeria ,lawyers Pleas Help!! by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:40pm On Nov 18, 2019
With due respect Chinese can, get your self a registered business name which is very easy, so long you have your stay permit and other legal papers, Mr. Cheng Restaurant is a small restaurant own by a Chinese, Chinese run small bakeries around, even at Island they run lots of fabrics shops. For your business registration as a Chinese you can contact me. Nigeria is best place for a none Nigeria to site and run a legal business, our system support young entrepreneurs. Nigeria is not as razz as its neighbour.
Re: Can A Chinese Citizen Open A Shop In Nigeria ,lawyers Pleas Help!! by garyaustin(m): 7:02am On Nov 19, 2019
DEBJOCH1:
With due respect Chinese can, get your self a registered business name which is very easy, so long you have your stay permit and other legal papers, Mr. Cheng Restaurant is a small restaurant own by a Chinese, Chinese run small bakeries around, even at Island they run lots of fabrics shops. For your business registration as a Chinese you can contact me. Nigeria is best place for a none Nigeria to site and run a legal business, our system support young entrepreneurs. Nigeria is not as razz as its neighbour.
Please do not misguide. I am sure you are not an Attorney.

(1) (Reply)

Make Your Wood Order For Roofing / Easy Paypal Solution / How To Remove Negative Feedback On Amazon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.