Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,660 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Before You Travel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before You Travel (535 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Travel by COdeGenesis: 11:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
Nowadays, 9 in 10 youths have dreamt about what life outside the shores of Nigeria feels like. They gbask in the euphoria of a serene environment devoid of challenges ,tumult and day to day difficulties usually encountered in Nigeria. Some fantasize about life on the beach, better education and of course money making opportunities.

One of main positives of living home is that it broadens your horizon. One gets exposed to myriads of cultures and values; it is like a whole new experience ,you get to start all over like a baby to understand and appreciate cultural differences & build our interactive skills.

Secondly, moving abroad can lead to a better quality of life. Thousands of people move from Africa to Europe and America, some go face to face with death by crossing the Mediterranean sea; only few get the chance to recap the tales of their ordeal. In the end they all want better social amenities, education and job.

However, moving abroad could be daunting because of several challenges. One of them is language barrier; language plays a very important role in communication and one needs to understand the rudimentary aspect of the host community's language.Another major problem is adaption to culture change, cost of living and food. In fact some travel with a lot of local food stuff such as flour, melon ,garri,okro as well as others because they can not cope with the delicacies over there.

Holus-Bolus, moving abroad presents an opportunity to improve one's self, create beautiful memories, get better quality of life and start life afresh. Before you travel you need to weigh the pros and cons, if it is really worth it. All in all it's an adventure worth experiencing.
Re: Before You Travel by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:19am On Nov 19, 2019
funny point....

LANGUAGE BARRIER: most people around the world understand/speak English, and if they dont, there are many apps that can help you communicate with foreigners.

ADAPTATION TO CULTURE CHANGE: whats the point of traveling abroad if you cant make an effort to live like the locals and embrace their culture fully? maybe, just maybe, the reason a person wants to travel to foreign places is because of that said culture.

COST OF LIVING: many countries offer different cost of living, well documented before anyone goes to these places. these are the challenges that any person will face while going to any country (aka make a decent living to afford the available amenities on offer)

FOOD: most top cities f this world have a Chinatown/Africatown where you can easily find all the food you get in Nigeria.... the main question would be.... what about trying to adapt to local delicacy, is that so difficult?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Travel by COdeGenesis: 12:53am On Nov 19, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
funny point....

LANGUAGE BARRIER: most people around the world understand/speak English, and if they dont, there are many apps that can help you communicate with foreigners.

ADAPTATION TO CULTURE CHANGE: whats the point of traveling abroad if you cant make an effort to live like the locals and embrace their culture fully? maybe, just maybe, the reason a person wants to travel to foreign places is because of that said culture.

COST OF LIVING: many countries offer different cost of living, well documented before anyone goes to these places. these are the challenges that any person will face while going to any country (aka make a decent living to afford the available amenities on offer)

FOOD: most top cities f this world have a Chinatown/Africatown where you can easily find all the food you get in Nigeria.... the main question would be.... what about trying to adapt to local delicacy, is that so difficult?
Lolz. I am actually trying to develop a new skill. I am on the same page with you, however you should also consider that food in Africatown would be very exorbitant. Watch out for my article on solar panels
Re: Before You Travel by Omolere01: 5:31am On Dec 27, 2019
COdeGenesis comma sell your PayPal funds to me I will buy good rate hit me on WhatsApp

(1) (Reply)

Royal Air Maroc Lost My Luggage / How Can I Get A Visa To United State / Nigerian Travellers To Pay $15,000 Visa Bond As Trump Introduces New Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.