Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? (1239 Views)

How Is Snake Tomatoe Prepared? / God Gave Us This Snake Meat After Working Today In His Vineyard / Photo Of A Guy Eating Snake Meat Sparks Outrage Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 19, 2019
Good day nairalanders,
growing up, I remember visiting one of my aunty in the village and while I was there, a hunter brought in a blue colored snake he killed in the bush.. I've always hated snakes and will always do. I was so scared when I saw it and also angry at the hunter(in my mind) for bringing such an animal(amongst all animals) for my aunty to cook.. To cut the long story short, the snake was later prepared and served.. Mehn! If you see the way one of the children ate the portion of the snake that was given to him ehn! I felt really disgusted.. The boy even chewed and licked the bones of the snake. They all ate the snake with this "wow! Such a tasty meat" kind of face. Around that time, I was served garri and soup but because of fear of eating the snake, I refused eating the food. My aunty begged me for minutes and said she would be angry with me if I left without eating anything in her house. To cut the long story short, I later ate the garri and soup but refused eating the meat and fish inside the soup.

Now my question is;
Is snake meat really sweet when cooked? If yes, is it sweeter than chicken?

@lalastica
Re: Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? by heendrix(m): 12:40am On Nov 19, 2019
Felixamos:
Good day nairalanders,
growing up, I remember visiting one of my aunty in the village and while I was there, a hunter brought in a blue colored snake he killed in the bush.. I've always hated snakes and will always do. I was so scared when I saw it and also angry at the hunter(in my mind) for bringing such an animal(amongst all animals) for my aunty to cook.. To cut the long story short, the snake was later prepared and served.. Mehn! If you see the way one of the children ate the portion of the snake that was given to him ehn! I felt really disgusted.. The boy even chewed and licked the bones of the snake. They all ate the snake with this "wow! Such a tasty meat" kind of face. Around that time, I was served garri and soup but because of fear of eating the snake, I refused eating the food. My aunty begged me for minutes and said she would be angry with me if I left without eating anything in her house. To cut the long story short, I later ate the garri and soup but refused eating the meat and fish inside the soup.

Now my question is;

@lalastica

Lol funny question.......You forgot to let us know if those who ate it that day are dead or still alive esp those children grin
Re: Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 19, 2019
heendrix:

Lol funny question.......You forgot to let us know if those who ate it that day are dead or still alive esp those children grin

Lol... They are alive and strong oh!
Re: Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? by chigoziri2403(m): 5:31am On Nov 19, 2019
You didn't eat the meat, but you ate the soup prepared with it, what's the difference
Re: Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 19, 2019
chigoziri2403:
You didn't eat the meat, but you ate the soup prepared with it, what's the do

You misunderstood me.. The soup was not prepared with the snake meat and that was why I ate it.. If it were, my aunty for beg me tire..
Re: Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? by SOPWriter: 10:26am On Nov 19, 2019
Felixamos:
Good day nairalanders,

Now my question is;

@lalastica
Yes, snake meat is delicious. Infact, most snake meat lovers, including me, considers it to be sweeter than Chicken.
Re: Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 19, 2019
SOPWriter:

Yes, snake meat is delicious. Infact, most snake meat lovers, including me, considers it to be sweeter than Chicken.

Hmmmm.. OK... When eating it, does it have a meat texture or fish texture?
Re: Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 19, 2019
Lalastica do the needful na... I want more answers..
Re: Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? by GideonOmach(m): 11:34pm On Apr 07, 2020
Felixamos:

Hmmmm.. OK... When eating it, does it have a meat texture or fish texture?

Laughs. It has the fish type. There's no much difference between its flesh and that of a fish. What you probably are disgusted with is its subtle slimy nature and movement.

If you do eat at restaurants, it is possible that you may have eaten before without knowing because you are likely to think that you are eating a fish.
Re: Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? by nlPoster: 8:23am On Apr 08, 2020
Snake meat is not served as fish in any reputable Nigerian restaurant or buka.

Where did you see or experience that? Perhaps you're confusing eels with snakes.

1 Like

Re: Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
GideonOmach:

Laughs. It has the fish type. There's no much difference between its flesh and that of a fish. What you probably are disgusted with is its subtle slimy nature and movement.

If you do eat at restaurants, it is possible that you may have eaten before without knowing because you are likely to think that you are eating a fish

I reject it...thanks for your reply though...

1 Like

Re: Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? by PureGoldh(m): 4:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
A friend that eats it said it's sweeter than Chicken
Re: Is Snake Meat Really Sweet? by Nobody: 3:05am On Apr 11, 2020
PureGoldh:
A friend that eats it said it's sweeter than Chicken
Lol... So I heared

(1) (Reply)

Yummy uniced cakes and Delicious Chin Chin in Ibadan!!! / Lagosians Take Note: Bole Is NOT Roasted Plantain And Groundnut / A Pot Of Afang Soup From My Wife That Leaves Me Craving For More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.