Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,363 members, 7,957,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:26 AM

LASG Evacuates Lion From Private Home To Lekki Zoo (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Evacuates Lion From Private Home To Lekki Zoo (photo) (656 Views)

Jos Tension: Yahaya Bello Evacuates Kogi & Non-Kogite Students (Video) / Rihanna Reacts To Lekki Shootings, voices support for ENDSARS / Covid-19: We Have Not Received A Kobo From Private Donations – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1)

LASG Evacuates Lion From Private Home To Lekki Zoo (photo) by fineboynl(m): 5:31am On Nov 19, 2019
Operatives of the Lagos State Task Force on Environmental Sanitation, on Monday, succeeded in moving the lion found at a private home around Victoria Island to a zoo in Omu Resorts, Lekki.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10592219_img20191119053445_jpeg59ae5542cea238cf16eeb92875265517

Task Force Chairman, CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi, disclosed this in a release made available to newsmen by spokesperson of the agency, Mr Adebayo Taofiq, saying the exercise was carried out in conjunction with officials of the Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture and medical personnel from the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Ibadan (UI) .

According to Egbeyemi, Dr Ogunmo Bamidele, who led the medical team from the University of Ibadan, had to tranquilise the lion thrice before the evacuation, even as he confirmed that the Agency responded to a petition from residents while investigations revealed that the lion was brought in from Cameroun by an Indian two years.

“Immediately I got the petition, I deployed my officers to the house at No. 229, Muri-Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, where they kept a close watch for more than 72 hours before the lion was finally removed today,” he said.

Egbeyemi assured the residents that the owner of the lion would face the full wrath of the law, warning residents to abstain from harbouring wild animals that endangered the lives of others.

The chairman, while expressing appreciation to the residents around Victoria Island for their “quick action,” urged every member of the public to be observant in their immediate environment and “report any strange or unusual activity to appropriate government authority for prompt action.”

The Director, Veterinary Services, Lagos State Ministry of Agriculture, Dr Macaulay Rasheed, also enjoined members of the public to stop rearing wild animals at private homes in order to avoid unnecessary attack and contagious animal diseases.

Re: LASG Evacuates Lion From Private Home To Lekki Zoo (photo) by fineboynl(m): 6:15am On Nov 19, 2019
the India man is just representing for living in Africa. he might have showed his family or kids in India who want to see lion. like my dad have a lion in Africa.

people from outside the world believe people in Africa still life live in jungle with gangrenous wild animals.

i was in India sometime again. an India man was asking where i was from, I told him Africa. he said we live with wild animals right? i told him yes. he said every where is bush. i answered him yes. and he said wild animals can walk all over the places and into our houses. I told him yes exactly. it was getting interesting and the questions never end.

Until i leave him in his ignorance. because he said there are no buildings and trains. in my mind I said foreign medias and movies have really showed the jungle said of Africans and many foreigners Want to see us Africa with animals.

I was chatting with an America woman online and do you know what she said also? she said she hope i don't get eaten up by wild animals because we live with wild animal over there. I told her yes we live with dangerous animal. next she said if I have a lion and I told her yes in fact the lion is with my here. she said I should show her the picture of the lion. could you believe she have been watching animal channel all her life and there is this rational thinking that Africa is a jungle. when they want to see Africa they want to see jungles as they wont be interested in seeing cities but animals and when they see jungle, animals and nature that's Africa.

1 Like

Re: LASG Evacuates Lion From Private Home To Lekki Zoo (photo) by Mynd44: 6:44am On Nov 19, 2019

(1)

The North and Buhari to Work With South East and South South / Tribute To Yar'adua: Time When Rice Was N3,500, Petrol N65 / Why Rt Hon Rotimi Amaechi Might Be Guilty If Odili Is Guilty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.