Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

The Most Common Fears About Publishing, And 3 Ways To Conquer Them - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Most Common Fears About Publishing, And 3 Ways To Conquer Them (298 Views)

5 Facts About Publishing That Could Change Your Writing Career / Kobo Publishing: Self Publishing And Print On Demand In Nigeria / The Truth About Publishing- Ian Irvine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Most Common Fears About Publishing, And 3 Ways To Conquer Them by IssacharProject: 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2019
My name is Jamilah Corbitt, and I have publishing anxiety.

Publishing anxiety is the feeling of fear that occurs before you hit the publish button on that piece of content you’ve poured yourself into. It’s the sudden stress that overtakes you and makes you question your writing: Does this suck? Did I clearly articulate my thoughts? Are there any grammatical errors? Will anyone read this?

ou’ve spent hours creating the perfect blog post and now you’re nervous about revealing it to the world. If you’ve ever published anything, I’m sure these feelings are all too familiar to you. The great news is, you’re not alone.

The first step to dealing with this problem is admitting you have one.

I’ve written many blog posts that have been shelved in a folder on my computer marked “Tomb of the Forgotten.” Sometimes I felt the pieces I wrote weren’t good enough to see the light of day. Other times, I felt vulnerable. I revisit the tomb folder periodically and stumble across forgotten gems that I decide to resurrect.

This post is actually one of those gems. How fitting!

Common fears of publishing

Read more : https://www.issacharprojects.com/the-most-common-fears-about-publishing-and-3-ways-to-conquer-them/

5 Fantastic Book Ideas that You Can Sell to the World

Coming up with a book idea can be quite challenging even if you have been writing for years. However, that shouldn’t stop you from writing one. Below are five book ideas you can consider:

Write about your personal experience: Chances are that you have gone through some amazing experiences, either good or bad, and there is no point letting those experiences go to waste when you can cash-in on them by writing about the experiences, and turning them into a book. So, even if it is about your most recent adventure and how you feel about it, or a heart break, you can write about it.

Write about your opinions: Chances are there are subjects you are most probably passionate about –such as feminism, gay rights, politics, adventures and the likes. You can write a book about your opinion on any of such subject matters and sell it to the world.

Write about your industry: Writing a book about your career, or an industry you function in, is also a fantastic idea for a bestselling book.

Read more: https://www.issacharprojects.com/5-fantastic-book-ideas-that-you-can-sell-to-the-world-2/

How to Turn Your Idea into Reality

Every product was once an idea in someone’s mind. It might be a product like a bag, or a service like writing, or even a software; it became a reality because someone thought about it. And although having an idea can be easy sometimes, turning it into reality can be very difficult and challenging. However, with the right information, turning your idea into a reality can be really easy. So, here are 5 steps you can use to turn your idea into reality:

Extensive research: Once you have an idea, it is important you do an extensive and in-depth research on the product you intend to sell. Research if the idea exists, what are the challenges that surround it, as well as who your competitors are. Basically, know all there is to know about your product and its market.

Ask for expert opinions: Chances are that there are experts in the field you want to run your idea, so try to seek the opinion of experts in that field, and use it to guide the implementation of your idea.

Sell your vision: Every idea usually needs people to help implement it successfully, so sell the vision of your idea to people that would be of help in turning your idea into reality. It might be investors, work force or friends.

Read more: https://www.issacharprojects.com/how-to-turn-your-idea-into-reality/

(1) (Reply)

The Effectiveness Of Physiotherapy Interventions On Pain And Quality Of Life In / Colorless Rainbow - Episode 12 / Colorless Rainbow - Episode 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.