Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Be Thankful - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Be Thankful (292 Views)

20 Shocking Laws In North Korea That Will Make You Thankful That You Weren't Bor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Thankful by VirtueDigest: 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
A story is told of a blind girl who hated herself because of her condition. She also hated everyone, except her beloved boyfriend. He was always there for her. She told her boyfriend, ‘If I could only see the world, I would marry you’.

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend. He asked her, ‘Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?’

The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn’t expected that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life led her to refuse his marriage proposal.

Her boyfriend left her in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying: ‘Take good care of my eyes, my dear. For before they were yours, they were initially mine’.

A change in her condition resulted in a change in what she wanted out of life Only a few remember how life was before, and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.

Life is a gift. Today, before you say an unkind word, think of someone who cannot speak.

Read more: https://www.virtuedigest.com/be-thankful/

90-Year Old’s Secret to a Happy Marriage

Someone asked a 90-year old man, “Even after 90 years, you still call your wife ‘Darling’, ‘Honey’, ‘Love’. What’s the secret?”

Old man: I forgot her name 10 years ago and I’m too scared to ask her.

Read more: https://www.virtuedigest.com/90-year-olds-secret-happy-marriage/

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Australia Economic Forum / What Do You See In Yourself, That You Admire In Other People? / National Anthem Remix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.