Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

An Encounter With Fraudsters - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Encounter With Fraudsters (204 Views)

An Encounter With A Man Of God In A Dream / An Encounter With My English Teacher By John Ogah / Have You Had An Encounter With A Female Military Personnel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Encounter With Fraudsters by scylentstorm(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
I was going to school sometime ago when this guy approached me. It was around that Fadeyi Express road. He was dressed like those big Igbo guys, with shirt (well pressed) tucked in a black Jean, and a Canvas to match. He came to me and asked;

“Please where’s Chisco Travels,”

I said, “It’s not very far from here, in fact, when you reach there just ask anybody they’ll direct you there.”

Then he thanked me, and said all those he’d been asking were just saying “mimo mimo”, I laughed and said miomo is a Yoruba word meaning I DON’T KNOW.

As we were talking, the guy kept on slowing me down. I managed to tell him I was late for class. He said he’s from Cotonou and that he’s stranded in Lagos. He said he was looking forward to catching the next bus so he could just gerrout from where he was. He asked if I understand French, I laughed and said NO. I said the ones I know and can speak are the basics like ‘bonjour, comment cava…etcetc’

As all these unnecessary chat was on, a guy happened to pass by our side, he looked Yoruba, and the way he walked, you’d know he was someone minding his own business.

As he walked few feet past us, my Cotonou friend asked me if I could stop him and ask where the Chisco Bus Travels is located; I said in my head, “Shebi I just told you.” But for the love of humanity, I did as he requested.

I approached the guy and inquired in Yoruba. He frowned slightly and said, “me I no be Yoruba.” I smiled, then re-asked in some pidgin English.

He looked at the Cotonou guy and asked satirically, “You be traveller?”

He took me aside and said; “The guy no be Nigerian. He resemble some kine business man way them don snatch im goods.”

I wasn’t the least interested, I charged him to continue.

Then he continued: “E fit be say those market people don collect plenty money from am when they see say he no sabi anywhere and because say he need help.”

As the aside was going on, this Cotonou guy just bumped in and started (in thick French accent now):

“I am from Cotonou. I am a business Man, I have goods I want to sell. I have Laptops. Phones. Recorders…”

I was about to ask where all the goods were when our other friend exclaimed ‘’Wow!‘’ He started to bring out some Naira notes, and handed them over to the Cotonou guy. He placed his hand on my shoulder (perhaps thinking I was moved by his ’kind’ gesture), then he implored me to see the Cotonou guy off to where he was going to…

‘’What!‘’ I thought to myself. Then it dawned on me that these guys could be some sort of lazy, desperate Fraudsters. I reminded them again with a smile of where I was going to, placing my index finger on my watch. Then I immediately took to my heels…

Several yards away I turned back, only to find these duo staring back at me…

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Singer, Davido Pictured With J.cole, Trey Songz And His Son Noah / Thai SEC To Foster Greater Innovation By Amending Crypto Laws / Big Snake Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.