Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Are The Recent Fire Outbreaks In Nigeria Due To Climate Change - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Are The Recent Fire Outbreaks In Nigeria Due To Climate Change (206 Views)

Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) / Earth Is DIMMING Due To Climate Change, Scientists Warn ( Pics) / Climate Change: Why No One Is Safe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are The Recent Fire Outbreaks In Nigeria Due To Climate Change by Lightway: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
The constant outbreaks of fire might seem like a normal occurrence which could be due to several human factors but since its happening in a lot of places in the last 6 months, it got me thinking.

What if they are as a result of about climate change and the constant fire outbreaks are due to rising temperatures.

According to NASA

The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 1.62 degrees Fahrenheit (0.9 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide and other human-made emissions into the atmosphere.4 Most of the warming occurred in the past 35 years, with the five warmest years on record taking place since 2010. Not only was 2016 the warmest year on record, but eight of the 12 months that make up the year — from January through September, with the exception of June — were the warmest on record for those respective months

Scientists have high confidence that global temperatures will continue to rise for decades to come, largely due to greenhouse gases produced by human activities. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which includes more than 1,300 scientists from the United States and other countries, forecasts a temperature rise of 2.5 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit over the next century

These are the recent fire outbreaks

Ochanja market fire incident, Anambra State
Ughelli Main Market In Delta
Fire burns 12 corpses in OAU’
Balogun Market in Lagos

There could be more

The heat in my area today was unbearable and I cant run my private NEPA (generator) for 24 hours and I wonder if it will continue.

What's your thought on this lalasticlala
Re: Are The Recent Fire Outbreaks In Nigeria Due To Climate Change by Dididrumz(m): 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
Askable
Re: Are The Recent Fire Outbreaks In Nigeria Due To Climate Change by Jasen1(m): 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
You might not be far from truth
Re: Are The Recent Fire Outbreaks In Nigeria Due To Climate Change by Lightway: 10:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

How To Enable The Android Backup Service Before We Get Started With Restoring D / Solar Battery / 4years Plus Wechat Account For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.