Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,659 members, 7,816,690 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1319 Views)

Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man / Six Ways Men Can Escape Poverty / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
Re: . by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
Why wont I marry her?
Re: . by donbachi(m): 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2019
Academic qualifications(Degrees) has never been a marital threat...cos even a wife that is a stark illiterate can intimidate a man without self worth.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2019
Why not if we are compatible??
Re: . by madridguy(m): 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
Can you link me up grin ayam looking for second wife.

oghale23:
I know a lady who has a PHD. She is young, intelligent, good looking, single and has a good job.

Re: . by Abfinest007(m): 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
all her certificate will end in my kitchen.take buhari n Aisha for example
Re: . by LordKO(m): 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
Yes. Foremost, success of any type and in any sphere of life never automatically makes anyone (woman or man) arrogant/insane/inhumane. So, a psychologically and morally healthy woman can't become a termagant and expedient as a result of her academic success - just as she can be subjugable despite reaching the zenith of academic success. And possession of a PhD - knowing much about a particular course of study - doesn't automatically make anyone "too educated" generally. There's nothing wrong with being too educated by the way.

A woman (or man) can be brilliant and possesses a PhD in a course of study without being neither intelligent nor strong-minded nor strifeful.

If this lady in particular is strong-minded and intelligent, however, she'll not be subjugable - so, a man who has penchant for subjugation shouldn't near her. Of course, if she's intelligent and strifeful/expedient (egoistic and egotistic), she'll be a hell on earth. In the end, it's her ethical leanings that matter the most.

10 Likes

Re: . by dominique(f): 8:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
Low self-esteemed men, steer clear of established, achieving women. Last I checked, village mgbekes are still very much available. If you're threatened by a PhD holder, go for an NCE or OND holder. Who are you to decide what level of education a lady should attain?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Beosten(m): 9:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
If you don't have Ph.D yourself, don't try it. Every tactic is fair in war; she will likely insult you during a fight, bragging about her achievement. After the fight, you won't be able to forget the insult even after her apology.
Re: . by Miarose: 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
Poverty of the mind. The worst of it all
Re: . by crackhaus: 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
Lol, Ph.D? It's not that serious.
There is absolutely no problem being married to a woman with one.

As a matter of fact, I have a certain attraction and appreciation for women who make it a goal to get a Ph.D - there is something admirable about their general grasp of things and desire to improve.

As a man, you only need to be able to hold your own and be confident in your abilities. Having a Ph.D in a specific area of specialization does not mean you can't teach her things in other areas - it becomes easier even, because such a woman will learn, adapt, and improve much faster than most.

Remember though, having an advanced degree does NOT make a bítch - a bítch is a bítch regardless.
As a general rule of thumb, the code is DON'T marry a bítch...whether she is a market woman, bachelor's degree holder, or Ph.D holder.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
sad
Re: . by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 19, 2019
What's the worst that could happen?

I'd gladly marry one if the need arises..
Re: . by AstroG: 10:30pm On Nov 19, 2019
dominique:
Low self-esteemed men, steer clear of established, achieving women. Last I checked, village mgbekes are still very much available. If you're threatened by a PhD holder, go for an NCE or OND holder. Who are you to decide what level of education a lady should attain?

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 20, 2019
Look at the question someone is asking at the end of the 2010s decade.

1 Like

Re: . by sholay2011(m): 2:10am On Nov 20, 2019
theButterfly:
Look at the question someone is asking at the end of the 2010s decade.
lol

I always wonder if people don't want intelligent or at least academically-sound children in this present age.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 20, 2019
yes and no, depending on her character
Re: . by ImaIma1(f): 7:31am On Nov 20, 2019
As if phd is a terminal illness. Why should she repel suitors?
Re: . by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 20, 2019
Beosten:
If you don't have Ph.D yourself, don't try it. Every tactic is fair in war; she will likely insult you during a fight, bragging about her achievement. After the fight, you won't be able to forget the insult even after her apology.

have seen such happen.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 20, 2019
ImaIma1:

I am not saying that a woman should not get a PHD, it is a requirement if she wants to lecture in the university.

I guess this is a complicated question because it involves a lot of things.

I know of a couple who are friends of my family. The man is a business man, while the wife is a Medical Doctor. They are in their late 50's and have three children. Currently they are separated because the wife said he cannot meet up with her financial needs.

She built a house in Lagos without informing the husband, while her husband was building a house in Ogun state. To a man that is an insult and the trust between them have been broken. She even told him to live with her in the house she built.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 20, 2019
Beosten:

They are some men with terrible pride and ego. If they get married to a woman with similar traits, and no one is ready to compromise for love, separation or divorce is inevitable.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 20, 2019
oghale23:

I am not saying that a woman should not get a PHD, it is a requirement if she wants to lecture in the university.

I know of a couple who are friends of my family. The man is a business man, while the wife is a Medical Doctor. They are in their late 50's and have three children. Currently they are separated because the wife said he cannot meet up with her financial needs.

She built a house in Lagos without informing the husband, while her husband was building a house in Ogun state. To a man that is an insult and the trust between them have been broken. She even told him to live with her in the house she built.

so she gets bad character
Re: . by ImaIma1(f): 9:21am On Nov 20, 2019
oghale23:

Phd or not, this couple you mentioned are not in tune with each other. It could still happen if she isn't that educated. It's an attitude thing.
Re: . by bukatyne(f): 9:31am On Nov 20, 2019
dominique:

As in.
Re: . by mysticgal(f): 9:34am On Nov 20, 2019
shocked
What I’m reading here is not funny

Re: . by Richy4(m): 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
ImaIma1:

grin grin grin grin... l used to stay away from female Lawyers. Since I don't like unnecessary argument in my life. I know I was generalizing back then but I did not have enough energy for section 98 subsection 784. smiley..
Re: . by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2019
Sad really, that a question like this can be asked in this 21st century, and they say mothers of old did a good job training children, it seems the training was reserved for ladies and few sane men.

1 Like

Re: . by Agadinwanyi: 1:11pm On Nov 20, 2019
Which kain question be this?You have inferiority complex?
PhD has nothing to do with ego,even pepper sellers have it.
Why would you be intimidated by an achieving woman?
Re: . by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2019
Doesn't matter.
Re: . by ImaIma1(f): 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
Richy4:

grin grin grin grin... l used to stay away from female Lawyers. Since I don't like unnecessary argument in my life. I know I was generalizing back then but I did not have enough energy for section 98 subsection 784. smiley..

A lot of them argue over everything. So I get you.
Re: . by AstroG: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
Sad really, that a question like this can be asked in this 21st century, and they say mothers of old did a good job training children, it seems the training was reserved for ladies and few sane men.

Rubbish as usual undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Our Nanny Left Now My Husband Wants To Turn Me To House-girl, What Do I Do? / Who Has Used Thermofrost Deep Freezer Before / Nairalanders Please Come To My Aid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.